AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I haven’t seen this posted, so will do so here.

I was able to upgrade a Gold AP to Platinum at MK Guest Services yesterday. The front line CM said it wasn’t possible, but I asked for a Supervisor who had me fill out a form with my information and then proceeded to upgrade the pass. She informed me that any extensions that might be coming my way would be lost. (I will be coming back in December, so upgrading to Platinum was more beneficial).

My story (what I explained to the Supervisor): I called the Passholder line in May to inquire about purchasing an AP. Disney opening was in limbo then and I had upcoming reservations in August and late December. Back then FP’s were an option, so I needed the pass to make FP reservations. If Disney was closed in August, I would need a Platinum pass. But, I also wasn’t certain I’d revisit in December after a 3 week trip in August. So, what to do. The CM (in May) recommended a Gold pass and said I would be able to upgrade over the phone to a Platinum if I didn’t visit WDW in August. So that’s what I purchased.

I explained the above to the Supervisor who then upgraded my pass to Platinum. She also said this had to be done in person.

I have no confidence in the system. We never got e-mails about cancellation options. We're local and decided not to cancel, but they didn't know that.

Until the monies are refunded into our account, I am reluctant to give a zero. If we do not see the full refunds by the end of next month, then WDW parks will wait for us for a long time (likely years). And we are local to WDW.

Until the monies are refunded into our account, I am reluctant to give a zero. If we do not see the full refunds by the end of next month, then WDW parks will wait for us for a long time (likely years). And we are local to WDW.

this is how we feel. At one time Disney was sitting on over $1000 of refunds. While I’ve gotten $380 back, I’m still waiting for $700+

I am waiting for partial refund. Started my request for a partial refund April 28th and still waiting. Just got my granddaughter’s refund on Monday this week. we Put in for her Refund June 14th. I got the other granddaughter’s refund a month ago. And I got my partial refund 3 weeks ago. Still waiting on husbands partial refund.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wrote to WDW politely explaining that as an overseas APH I was unhappy with the 11 August deadline, setting out my reasons and stating that I felt bullied into making a decision, before I know what the US/U.K. governments will do regarding the current travel bans. I have received one e mail informing me that the 11 August deadline was not in fact a deadline and that WDW are still accepting cancellation request, although this may change at any time (I have already cancelled but this may be useful to others) and another with a code giving me a renewal discount, in the event that I wish to buy another AP.

I haven’t seen this posted, so will do so here.

I was able to upgrade a Gold AP to Platinum at MK Guest Services yesterday. The front line CM said it wasn’t possible, but I asked for a Supervisor who had me fill out a form with my information and then proceeded to upgrade the pass. She informed me that any extensions that might be coming my way would be lost. (I will be coming back in December, so upgrading to Platinum was more beneficial).

My story (what I explained to the Supervisor): I called the Passholder line in May to inquire about purchasing an AP. Disney opening was in limbo then and I had upcoming reservations in August and late December. Back then FP’s were an option, so I needed the pass to make FP reservations. If Disney was closed in August, I would need a Platinum pass. But, I also wasn’t certain I’d revisit in December after a 3 week trip in August. So, what to do. The CM (in May) recommended a Gold pass and said I would be able to upgrade over the phone to a Platinum if I didn’t visit WDW in August. So that’s what I purchased.

I explained the above to the Supervisor who then upgraded my pass to Platinum. She also said this had to be done in person.
Thanks for this information. Our Gold passes were extended from October to March, making it possible (I thought/hoped) for us to upgrade to Platinum to cover our December trip. I’m still hoping that will happen - we’d rather pay the upgrade price than the 6-day ticket price! Fingers crossed!

Thanks for this information. Our Gold passes were extended from October to March, making it possible (I thought/hoped) for us to upgrade to Platinum to cover our December trip. I’m still hoping that will happen - we’d rather pay the upgrade price than the 6-day ticket price! Fingers crossed!
By upgrading our passes the way we did we were told we lost the ability for an extension. The Gold passes were activated on August 7th and currently the Platinum have an expiration exactly one year later.

By upgrading our passes the way we did we were told we lost the ability for an extension. The Gold passes were activated on August 7th and currently the Platinum have an expiration exactly one year later.
So I can still hope! Ours originally were due to expire in mid-October and have already been extended. Hopefully we’ll be able to upgrade the extended ones.

I wrote to WDW politely explaining that as an overseas APH I was unhappy with the 11 August deadline, setting out my reasons and stating that I felt bullied into making a decision, before I know what the US/U.K. governments will do regarding the current travel bans. I have received one e mail informing me that the 11 August deadline was not in fact a deadline and that WDW are still accepting cancellation request, although this may change at any time (I have already cancelled but this may be useful to others) and another with a code giving me a renewal discount, in the event that I wish to buy another AP.

is there a date that the renewal code needs to be used by. I would love for this to have been an option!

We canceled ours on August 11. I got the email, but in MDE is stills shows our passes as valid. So I have no idea if we actually canceled or not.

No, it refers to ‘whenever’ we feel ready to purchase new APs.

Thanks, I might send them another email. I agree with what you said. We didn’t know if our holiday was being cancelled or not when the deadline came round, so we were stuck on what to do. It was cancelled after all, but it wasn’t as great time having to weigh it all up.

We randomly found the email in my husbands junk folder, but myself or daughters didn’t have one at all.

Can you share where you sent your email? I have sent 3 emails and I have gotten no response in weeks.
I am glad that they responded to you!

From now on unless anyone has a direct link from Disney on how payments, refunds, extensions work, please refrain from posting to avoid confusion. Continued, inaccurate and unverified posts will be deleted and warning points given
Quoting incorrect info will also get your post deleted, best thing to do is report the post and also use the ignore button
Please post only info that you, yourself have experienced, not what you think DIsney is doing

Last edited:
Initial email sent 7/7, reply received today. Passes that had only reflected the 30 day extension, but not the 117 day, were finally corrected today. Was also given a "small window" option to cancel passes immediately for a refund if desired. We're still holding out hope for a February trip, so I guess we won't cancel... it's still cheaper to keep the passes then to refund and buy 4-day park hoppers (DVC Gold)... but it's tempting just to cancel and re-evaluate when Feb gets closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter