AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Wish I had done that. Never even occurred to me to ask! Good for you! Called to get a refund in early August. Pass disappeared from MDE a couple of weeks ago, but no refund yet.
@CarolMN, when did you cancel?

has anyone received their refunds who initially purchased their APs through Sam's Club? Curious if that's our delay or if we fell through the cracks.TIA.
The reason I asked @CarolMN when they cancelled is because as far as I can tell, the only people who have received refunds are people who cancelled prior to when the 07/14/2020 email was sent out to passholders. If I am wrong, and people who cancelled on or after 07/14/2020 have received refunds, I would love to know.

@CarolMN, when did you cancel?

The reason I asked @CarolMN when they cancelled is because as far as I can tell, the only people who have received refunds are people who cancelled prior to when the 07/14/2020 email was sent out to passholders. If I am wrong, and people who cancelled on or after 07/14/2020 have received refunds, I would love to know.

I called to cancel a few days before the 8/11/ deadline. So I guess I will be waiting along with lots of others.

I went old school and wrote them a letter. I outlined my case because of age, safety and health. Out of state Passholders, preferred. I asked for a pause. It took about 4 weeks and they called me. They agreed with my situation and offered me this solution. They gave me a case number to reactivate our passes whenever we feel safe to return with no time limit. She said when I Feel safe to return I can activate them again. I Liked getting a personal call where the person had read my letter and researched my history and had a plan before talking to me. She even offered me free parking our first day back since our passes would be dead until we turn them back on.

Dang, I asked them to do this for me before, but they said no. I would have taken that over a refund. They are so dumb.

I cancelled my OOS platinum pass on 7/27, still waiting on refund. Paid mostly with a gc and when I called the AP line he said all refunds tied to a gc would be refunded fully by check via mail, and that it would take longer than regular refunds back to original payment forms. I suppose that is consistent with the cancellation email that mentions normal refunds in late September, or a month later for check refunds.

Wish I had done that. Never even occurred to me to ask! Good for you! Called to get a refund in early August. Pass disappeared from MDE a couple of weeks ago, but no refund yet.

I am also in MN, and sent them my plea for a pause via email. They wrote back a month later and said that was not a choice. :( Glad some people were able to go that route, but I was denied.

I don’t know. I requested the refund because during the pandemic there is no way possible to visit for us, even though we’re DVC members with a points to use. There was no sense in keeping a pass with zero intention to use. Before this, I’ve held an out if state AP for 25 years. I’ll be an AP holder again one day. At universal studios they let me put a pause on my AP and when I’m able to return I just reactivate it and have 8 months left on it. A much better way for us.
Dang, I asked them to do this for me before, but they said no. I would have taken that over a refund. They are so dumb.
I am also in MN, and sent them my plea for a pause via email. They wrote back a month later and said that was not a choice. :( Glad some people were able to go that route, but I was denied.
Just clarifying because we are a couple pages away now, I think @n2mm is saying Universal let her pause her pass, not Disney. Right?

We asked for a pause too. They said they couldn't stop and restart our passes. I understood the poster that said she got it paused was referring to Universal. Is that correct? Has anyone paused their Disney AP's successfully?

We asked for a pause too. They said they couldn't stop and restart our passes. I understood the poster that said she got it paused was referring to Universal. Is that correct? Has anyone paused their Disney AP's successfully?

Oops- thanks for the clarification.

How much money did you get? I think my platinum pass was active for only about 2-3 months before the shutdown.
I had to do some guesstimates as far as how many active days for my FL silver AP ..about 270 ??...and how many it was active...11 days...and came to a guess that they are pro rating per day and not how many days it was used, at least for mine.
Based on that I could have gone on any active days from when they re-opened till 8-11 for free...at least ticket wise...:rolleyes:

For the PL AP I would guess take the price and divide by 365 to get a price per day. Then subtract from how many active days to get the unused days and multiply the unused days by price per day to see what your refund may be ?...but who really knows..:rolleyes2

Last edited:
Just clarifying because we are a couple pages away now, I think @n2mm is saying Universal let her pause her pass, not Disney. Right?

sorry for the confusion.

thanks, yes. This was for our universal Studios preferred annual passes, non-resident. I wished Disney took this route.

I also wrote to tables in wonderland too. I had just bought my pass late January and used it at a couple of places and never got back. They wrote me and said they were closed and would re-evaluate once they open, but I’m not sure they will reopen. Because of my husbands health, age we don’t feel it’s safe to travel. So even with the extension I may never get to use it At this point.

like everyone else, still waiting for my husbands AP partial refund and full refund on his renewal voucher. Started the process on April 28, 2020.

yes, universal studios AP. I’m still waiting (since late April) like everyone else for Disney refunds.

has anyone received their refunds who initially purchased their APs through Sam's Club? Curious if that's our delay or if we fell through the cracks.TIA.

I have several family members waiting for refunds from Sam’s vouchers. 2 from one household are waiting for partial refunds for the closure period. Those were requested the same day I requested mine, in early June. They want to keep their passes active. 4 others from a different household are waiting for closure & cancellation refunds.

sorry for the confusion.

thanks, yes. This was for our universal Studios preferred annual passes, non-resident. I wished Disney took this route.

I also wrote to tables in wonderland too. I had just bought my pass late January and used it at a couple of places and never got back. They wrote me and said they were closed and would re-evaluate once they open, but I’m not sure they will reopen. Because of my husbands health, age we don’t feel it’s safe to travel. So even with the extension I may never get to use it At this point.

like everyone else, still waiting for my husbands AP partial refund and full refund on his renewal voucher. Started the process on April 28, 2020.
We have Tables in Wonderland that went basically unused too. If you do get ahold of them, can you let me know. Also, can you share the email or address to reach them? :)

I can't think of the words to describe just how badly Disney has botched the AP program. I'm waiting for a Refund like everyone else, months upon months. What exactly is Disney's Accounting Department doing, as an Accountant I'm pretty damn sure they aren't using ledgers for refunds, but it should be an automated process, they could have done months ago.

After saying all that, I really want to remain loyal to Disney, I do love Disney World after all. So I sent an email asking for a "code" or option to renew my AP in 2021 when everything hopefully gets back to normal. I was emphatically told, "Nope" "No Way" "Not going to happen" by a Disney employee.... I would have to pay full price, and get a brand new AP. What a joke, I've been an AP for a long time, and this is how Disney decides to treat it's loyal guests... It's just so very sad, Disney has no clue how to treat it's AP holders. Almost as though they've been told flip to finger to any current or past Disney AP asking for anything.

We have Tables in Wonderland that went basically unused too. If you do get ahold of them, can you let me know. Also, can you share the email or address to reach them? :)

I’ve had a TIW card since it was a DDE card. i probably saved $30 in January, but never came close to the cost of $150 to even think about breaking even. I originally had 4 long trips with many family members booked that are now a distant forgotten canceled memory. My card expires june 2021 with the extension, but without an ap the value is gone. I have a trip in March to use my banked points before they expire. And hopefully a week in early June. (I have one in May, but it’s gone if my cruise gets canceled). At that rate I would even get to the original cost of $150 to break even. At the end of the day, I guess it’s just a lost.

Last edited:
I can't think of the words to describe just how badly Disney has botched the AP program. I'm waiting for a Refund like everyone else, months upon months. What exactly is Disney's Accounting Department doing, as an Accountant I'm pretty damn sure they aren't using ledgers for refunds, but it should be an automated process, they could have done months ago.

After saying all that, I really want to remain loyal to Disney, I do love Disney World after all. So I sent an email asking for a "code" or option to renew my AP in 2021 when everything hopefully gets back to normal. I was emphatically told, "Nope" "No Way" "Not going to happen" by a Disney employee.... I would have to pay full price, and get a brand new AP. What a joke, I've been an AP for a long time, and this is how Disney decides to treat it's loyal guests... It's just so very sad, Disney has no clue how to treat it's AP holders. Almost as though they've been told flip to finger to any current or past Disney AP asking for anything.

I wish they would have allowed me to just put my AP on hold for a period of time. I would have taken that option. But instead they insist on a refund. Still waiting for a refund though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter