AP discounts?

Gina Starr

DIS Veteran
So the room only discounts came out today for the public. Does anyone have any ideas when the AP discount will come out? I'm hoping for a decent offer to try and add a day or two at a deluxe at the beginning of the trip. Thanks!

So the room only discounts came out today for the public. Does anyone have any ideas when the AP discount will come out? I'm hoping for a decent offer to try and add a day or two at a deluxe at the beginning of the trip. Thanks!

Historically they come out later in the month. Mousesavers has a list of historic dates. i think last year it was 10/22, but the regular discounts came out a few days earlier. So it might be a tad later this year.

Will I be able to book an AP discount (assuming there is one) room for March 2018 if my AP expires in January 2018? Of course I'll renew it but it won't be renewed if I book in 2 or 3 weeks.

Yes, you don't need an active annual pass to make reservation. Just need at time of check in to qualify for the rate. I've heard they are even flexible on that a little if I need to go activate it.

Yes, you don't need an active annual pass to make reservation. Just need at time of check in to qualify for the rate. I've heard they are even flexible on that a little if I need to go activate it.

That is my experience in February 2016. I had booked at POFQ and had the AP voucher on my MDE account. I was able to check in without an issue then go activate my AP at guest services in the park.

I didn't get in on the general public discount. My room type was sold out for the reduced rate. I am hoping that my pass holder discount will come through for me.

Fingers crossed.

I didn't get in on the general public discount. My room type was sold out for the reduced rate. I am hoping that my pass holder discount will come through for me.

Fingers crossed.

I will cross my fingers for you too, but in the mean time, keep checking. It seems rooms 'magically' become available at different times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter