Anyone tried 3 park hopping?

Shasta said:
NO BUSES BETWEEN PARKS! Wow, that does change things. I had no idea. Under those circumstances, I wouldn't try it. It was just that we have had three short (one day) trips like this in the last year and always went to MK for her sake. I was hopping to add in something for my wife and I at other parks.

Thanks!

EDITED...by the time I posted, other posts had been made. I will try and add one park (Animal Kingdom) to the mix.

The monorail goes between MK & Epcot (with a stop off at TTC). That's a pretty quick ride.

If you're not intent on hitting every ride, and the crowds are low, you can do 3 parks. My DF & I do this frequently, especially with Magic Hours. We can pretty much do all the big stuff at MGM & AK and be done by 5 or so (no meal breaks - eat on the go) and hit either MK or Epcot in the evening.

It has been a few years since we have been to WDW, but they certainly had park to park buses? They do not do that now? I was under the impression they do, then why buy Hopper passes?
If this is true, my planning is out the window!!

Also, The bus from POFQ does not drop you off AT MK? What are you saying, you have to be dropped off at Contemporary now??? I am really confused. Could someone clarify all this for me, Please?

Shasta said:
We have only one day to go to Disney next month (November). We want to get as much as possible out of the trip. We want to go to MK, AK and MGM.

Does anyone have information about length of time the shuttle bus takes between parks?

Also, has anyone done this? Are we crazy for trying it? We, of course don't want to spend 305 of the day in transit.

Thank you very much!

very very possible, my itenerary would look like this-providing MK was EMHs that night. AK, walk in, hit dinosaur, dinoland and kali, and tarzan if you want, then hop on the bus to MGM, should be around 11:00am. at MGM head straight for Tower and RNRC, then go to Beauty and the beast if that floats your boat, after that do what you want until dinner- then hop on the bus to MK and EAt at wherever you want, and then take MK slowly.

Three parks in a day is no problem, and I just did it recently (with my wife and toddler in tow). AK in the AM with early entry. Then a late character breakfast at Breakfastsaurus, and back to the hotel for a nap. Up at 3PM and off to MGM for a few attractions--Playhouse Disney primarily, and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground, and a character meet. Then to Epcot for a couple of more attractions and dinner. All these trips were made with a car. I would not try this with Disney buses. I am not a huge fan of Disney buses. They might make sense for trips to the MK, but that's about it.

Portie

Okiemom said:
It has been a few years since we have been to WDW, but they certainly had park to park buses? They do not do that now? I was under the impression they do, then why buy Hopper passes?
If this is true, my planning is out the window!!

Also, The bus from POFQ does not drop you off AT MK? What are you saying, you have to be dropped off at Contemporary now??? I am really confused. Could someone clarify all this for me, Please?

I know that you can take a bus from AK to any other park as well as the hotels. I don't believe that you can do this from the MK. Buses at the MK only go to the hotels. The bus from POFQ does go to the MK.

You can use the boat between MGM and Epcot and the monorail between MK and Epcot. The monorail does require that you get off at TTC and walk over to the other platform to complete your trip.

They've always had park to park buses. The difference with is MK you need to go to TTC to get to another park from MK. Every othe Park has bus transportation to all the other parks from their Bus area. I believe the buses from the other parks drop you at only TTC for MK .

philaround said:
I know that you can take a bus from AK to any other park as well as the hotels. I don't believe that you can do this from the MK. Buses at the MK only go to the hotels. The bus from POFQ does go to the MK.

You can use the boat between MGM and Epcot and the monorail between MK and Epcot. The monorail does require that you get off at TTC and walk over to the other platform to complete your trip.

Transportation between parks (reverse direction for reverse)

Magic Kingdom -> MGM: Monorail or ferry to TTC, bus to MGM
Magic Kingdom -> Animal Kingdom: Monorail or ferry to TTC, bus to AK
Magic Kingdom -> Epcot: Monorail or ferry to TTC, monorail to Epcot

Epcot -> MGM: Bus from front entrance or boat from International Gateway
Epcot -> Animal Kingdom: Bus

MGM -> Animal Kingom: Bus
MGM:

have they really? dang after all the years I have been going i have never seen them. I know you could go to the TTC, but never seen direct..other than the boat from Epcot/MGM.

Learn something new everyday (even when you try not to ;) )

Okiemom said:
It has been a few years since we have been to WDW, but they certainly had park to park buses? They do not do that now?

They do have park-to-park busses.

At one time, they did not. In fact, they didn't have any buses to MK a while back -- you had to go from monorail or boat, to represent "leaving the world behind", as one bus driver told it to us. But as they outgrew the bus lot at the ticket and transportation center and added more parks, that plan became history.

Funny thing... DW was listening to this story but didn't catch that it was historical. Next day, when we were trying to meet up, I called her on the cell and she said she was going to the monorail. I said "why? meet us here at the bus stop." :rotfl:

It might be the case that there is no Epcot bus at MK since there is an Epcot/MK monorail.

ALL 4 PARKS in ONE day!! :earseek: It CAN be done, you just have to figure out what you want to see, how far it is, and the BEST transportation there and Back! ;) Of course, I go alone, start out early, like 7:30am so that helps a lot, and I take my time, I was back at the Hotel by 6:00pm. I went at a slow time, where the parks closed at 6 or 7;00pm. ;)

You couldn't do AK early morning and then sleep until 3 pm and still be able to do 2 more parks in November. Sorry....not going to happen.

unless something has changed since 2004, the only place without a park to park bus would be to get to mk(..then the buses go to ttc, not a big deal since it's right outside mk.you can take the monorail from epcot to ttc or a bus from mgm or ak, and then the ferry or monorail to mk.) so i would say most buses would get you there in 15 mins plus the wait for a busunless you hit the time right after a bus left, then add up to 20 mins to that

sorry thought i had read all the in between posts and hadn't. we have hopped to 3 our last day using said buses but that is only redoing a few things at each and saving epcot for the evening...morning at one( usually an emh) , afternoon at one and epcot around dinner.

The thing about park hopping that you have to consider is the fact that every time you have to hop, you are spending 1/2 - 1 hr (or more) on a bus (+walking to the stop + getting in the gate + possibly getting strollers) that you could have spent having fun in a park. So if there are a short list of things in each park you are happy doing, okay, otherwise, you are paying for expensive tickets just to ride a bus. :/

I had only a weekend to spend in the park a few weeks ago (late August, very low crowds) and yes, I did the three-park-in-a-day madness. :earseek: Let me first say that I've been to WDW multiple times and I only did this to catch my favorite rides. I wouldn't recommend it for newbies or families, or during any other time than when the parks are virtually empty. I was there by myself and was in total commando mode. Here is what I did:

Breakfast at CBR.
Bus to MGM, arrived at opening.
-rode RnR, ToT, GMovieRide, Backstage
Bus back to CBR (very close to MGM), then jumped right on bus to AK.
-rode Safari, Kali, (checked out construction for Everest), Primeveal Whirl, Dinosaur, Tough to be a Bug.
Bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge for Boma ressies with brother's family (earliest seating)
Bus to Magic Kingdom (which was open late, till 10pm)
-rode Pirates, Splash, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Buzz, Space Mt., and watched Wishes
*WHEW!!!* :cool1:
I was completely and totally exhausted! My pedometer broke, but I know that I must have walked 20 miles that day. :earseek: I finally crawled back to my room about 11 or so, took a quick shower and fell into bed. The next day, I followed up with a quick tour of EPCOT until it was time to leave. Total insanity! :rotfl:

We often do a park in the morning, then head to Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach in the afternoon, & then head back to a different park (usually MK) for the evening...usually hitting our hotel room somewhere in between. We don't have the tranportation issue though because we have our van with us.

So is the TCC located right beside MK entrance. Where exactly do the WDW resort hotels let you off at when going to MK? How long a walk is it to the TCC center from MK entrance?

Our last day at WDW we EE'd MK and around noon we went to EPCOT for several hours. We then took the ferry to MGM to ride ToT one last time. The ferry was slow, but we had never been by the Swan or Dolphin and it was relaxing. We used our park hopper three of the five days we were there.

Can't speak of all the parks, but as a frequent AK bus stop user, I know that AK has had buses to the other three parks pretty much from Day 1.

ttc is located by the Poly( between the poly and contemp.) across 7 seas lagoon.not sure how long a walk it would be...i'd take the mono. or the ferry cause i would guess maybe 30 + mins at a good clip to walk it
the link takes you to a site with an interactive map( top right , dark blue line after vacation planner and dining, go to map)

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/myVacation/vpkEntryPage?id=VPKEntryPage

My DH, DS (6 at the time) and I did it in June 2000, and don't regret it at all. I say if you have the energy, go for it!!! :wizard:

We still remember it as one of the most fun days we've ever had at WDW. It was the last day of our trip, and we started out at AK at opening time, hit the highlights (Kali River Rapids several times in a row, Safari, Dinosaur), then went to MK (don't remember how; might have taken a bus to a monorail resort and rode the monorail in). We hit the biggies there (POTC, SW, HM, Splash Mtn, Jungle Cruise, Space Mtn,) then in the middle of a torrential thunderstorm, took the monorail over to Epcot, where we rode Spaceship Earth, ate dinner at the Garden Grill, and then rode a few other things before watching Illuminations and going out the back gate to take the boat back to the Dolphin. A very full and fun day was had by all!!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter