Anyone thinking of doing the Race for the taste 10K?

TnTsParty

DIS Veteran
I am thinking of training for the Race for the Taste 10k in Oct. I need to start getting active (I am 33 and not very active since high school ~ I am not overweight but would like to lose a little weight (I am around 140-145) I figured Oct would give me enough time to train for a 10K and it would give me an excuse for going to WDW another time (since I love the F&W festival)

Is anyone thinking of doing this race? Has anyone done it before? Any tips? Hopefully I will be able to stick with it and will actually go through with it instead of getting my hopes up and then deciding to be lazy and do nothing.

Haven't done it but want to. I am hoping to do it in 2007. I am really excited about doing next year because it will be possibly the only Disney race DH will see me in or finishing in person. It's during a time that we january traveling ladies would take our husbands. It's perfect with the MNSSHP and F&W going on. The Marathon trips are girls only trips so far so not likely DH will phsyically see me in one since "no boys allowed" LOL

So please if you do it let me know what your thoughts are after. If it's worth it or not.

The other one I plan on signing up for in 2007 is the Minnie 15K if they do it again but it's possible that weekend would be a girls weekend. So again I'd really really be interested in the 10K in Oct2007 to show off in front of DH :teeth:

Best of luck on your training!!!!

So far, I don't have any plans of doing it either. It does sound like a great time to do something like that.

You will have a good amount of time to get your training in if you start now you should have it down to the right time.

Come over to the walking/running club thread and join in whilst you train. We could use your input and you will get some great support as you train.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter