Anyone there now that can comment on FP enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the fuss. Maybe the lines are awful now but before we never had trouble seeing what we wished to. We rarely used our fastpasses late because we like to use them as the time comes up. Yes, we do criss cross quite a bit and I suppose that some don't like to do that.

Are the fastpass lines really that awful now?

Fast pass lines have been very fast for us the Past three days

At 2:30 today we were the only ones in the RnRC Fast Pass line!!

And I'm going to collect.... no... HOARD a bunch of FP's. Only I'm not going to use them. I'll stand in 2 hour stand-by lines just so I can take the FP's and not use them. I never used to do that before, but I'm going to do it now just so I can come back and post about it. :thumbsup2

Well I am going to use my baby to get tons and tons of baby swap passes - by utilizing wigs and fake mustaches, and silly hats - and then when I have enough to rub between my hands and cackle with glee - I am going to rent out my baby for $5 a pop so other people can go up and get baby swap passes for themselves.

Well I am going to use my baby to get tons and tons of baby swap passes - by utilizing wigs and fake mustaches, and silly hats - and then when I have enough to rub between my hands and cackle with glee - I am going to rent out my baby for $5 a pop so other people can go up and get baby swap passes for themselves.

I don't think fake mustaches on a baby are going to work...

So you'll get your ride passes AND people will be paying YOU for the privelege of babysitting your child.

GENIUS I tell you!

But I'm going to see you one.... and raise you one.

My "baby" is 11. Her older brothers are 17 and 19. We considered our family complete. But given the critical nature of the circumstances....... I'm going to have another baby JUST to get to use the rider swap passes! :thumbsup2

I don't think fake mustaches on a baby are going to work...

Well - you'll just have to wait and read my trip report. I also have several ideas in the works that involve dolls wearing bonnets in those front pack baby carrying things. (patent pending)

Well - you'll just have to wait and read my trip report. I also have several ideas in the works that involve dolls wearing bonnets in those front pack baby carrying things. (patent pending)

LOL! I like your style! :cool1:

So you'll get your ride passes AND people will be paying YOU for the privelege of babysitting your child.

GENIUS I tell you!

But I'm going to see you one.... and raise you one.

My "baby" is 11. Her older brothers are 17 and 19. We considered our family complete. But given the critical nature of the circumstances....... I'm going to have another baby JUST to get to use the rider swap passes! :thumbsup2

I can't imagine you're the only one trying to get knocked up with a "rider switch baby" as they will soon be calling them. I WAS debating trying to stunt the growth of my youngest snowflake - and then I got my brilliant fake doll in a baby carrier idea (again, patent pending)

LOL! I like your style! :cool1:

Thanks! And if you don't have any luck with your rider swap baby - I would be happy to trade you a custom doll in carrier with some cute mickey ears and a "first trip" button for a adult sized mary poppins jolly holiday outfit. I know I'm not allowed to wear it at Disney but no one could stop me from wearing it to the mall or the grocery store.

It is a shame that no one can relax and enjoy their vacation now. All of these people that have said they always used FP in the return window and THOUGHT they were enjoying their vacations, now know they have been deluding themselves.

Yep, that's me, deluded! :lmao:

Thanks! And if you don't have any luck with your rider swap baby - I would be happy to trade you a custom doll in carrier with some cute mickey ears and a "first trip" button for a adult sized mary poppins jolly holiday outfit. I know I'm not allowed to wear it at Disney but no one could stop me from wearing it to the mall or the grocery store.

LOL! For someone who apparently likes to push the limit on rules, you gave up on that "no adults in costumes" one pretty fast! :laughing:

I don't see the big deal here. Really, it seems like people are having temper tantrums because WDW is finally enforcing the FP the way they originally intended them to be used. BTW-we have done both, using during the time as well as later, especially whenever it was easier for us. Now it will not be as convenient. Oh boy, let's have a fit!

I can think of many things they have changed over the yrs-been going all 40-so there is alot. Many I do not like,and more than the FP .

I think it's funny that people are getting this worked up. I only cked in to see if they were sticking to the 15 min rule. Goodness people! Get a grip!

Would I rather use my FP's in the manner to which I have become accustomed? Yes. Will I still have a good time on vacation? Yes.

Unfortunately though, there has been some goading going on in this thread by Disboard regulars that love to push and push to get a rise, but then never get a time out.

The fact is, that by making judicious use of FP (i.e. using it outside of the window), you were able to maximize your day and see and do more with less wait. If you chose to always use your FP within the window (either because of ignorance of the leniency or because of bullheadedness), you would experience less attractions throughout the course of the day and wait longer in line.

Of course those who did not use FP to the greatest efficiency would notice no difference in their day, because they were not maximizing their days to begin with. For those that did use FP wisely, this new policy will be a reduction in the amount accomplished during a typical day, and a lessening of vacation value.

Len Testa, of touringplans.com and a reliable source when it comes to efficient touring and estimating wait times left this comment on the USA today article about FP enforcement:

"I don't see how enforcing FASTPASS return times will result in shorter lines, as Ian says. For example, morning guests can no longer "bank" the savings they get from obtaining FASTPASSes early and riding late; they have to return and ride during the morning. As a result, there's less time for visiting other attractions in the morning, when lines are low. Every simulation I've run says guests will experience an increase of at least 4 minutes over the course of a day, and the average is somewhere between 15 and 30."

Here is a link to the article
his comment is the fourth one down, at the end of the article.

I'm not pleased with an average increase in wait times between 15-30 minutes, waiting longer and accomplishing less will certainly negatively impact my vacation, and I can't imagine why anyone would consider it to be an improvement.

The fact is, that by making judicious use of FP (i.e. using it outside of the window), you were able to maximize your day and see and do more with less wait. If you chose to always use your FP within the window (either because of ignorance of the leniency or because of bullheadedness), you would experience less attractions throughout the course of the day and wait longer in line.

Of course those who did not use FP to the greatest efficiency would notice no difference in their day, because they were not maximizing their days to begin with. For those that did use FP wisely, this new policy will be a reduction in the amount accomplished during a typical day, and a lessening of vacation value.

Len Testa, of touringplans.com and a reliable source when it comes to efficient touring and estimating wait times left this comment on the USA today article about FP enforcement:

"I don't see how enforcing FASTPASS return times will result in shorter lines, as Ian says. For example, morning guests can no longer "bank" the savings they get from obtaining FASTPASSes early and riding late; they have to return and ride during the morning. As a result, there's less time for visiting other attractions in the morning, when lines are low. Every simulation I've run says guests will experience an increase of at least 4 minutes over the course of a day, and the average is somewhere between 15 and 30."

I'm not pleased with an average increase in wait times between 15-30 minutes, waiting longer and accomplishing less will certainly negatively impact my vacation, and I can't imagine why anyone would consider it to be an improvement.

And, it was a more relaxing day with more flexibility.

Well said. And after having read much of all these dopey FP threads, think I've finally had my fill. Time to quit reading. I would encourage those who are experiencing this as a lessening of value to write Disney and tell them directly. They are the only ones that really matter.

Well, silly me for thinking that I was maximizing my day even though I didn't know I could use FPs outside the return window. :rolleyes:

My only concern is if my FP return time is during an ADR time. There's nothing I can do about that. Does anyone know what options I'll have then??:confused3

Your options include:
1) Don't pull the FP, since you probably won't make it
2) Pull the FP, and hope you can make it
3) Pull the FP, and go to it, knowing you're going to lose $10 per person on the missed ADR,
4) Get in the stand by line (good luck with that), or
5) Go get in your car, check in at one of the US resort hotels, and enjoy their unlimited FotL pass that comes with your guest status. You don't have to worry about ADR vs FP times or any such constraints. Of course, that only works at US and IOA.

disclaimer: I'm not there right now. I generally attend during the slowest periods. I've been in June and August, but that's like trekking thru the swamps of Borneo.

I'm not reading through this whole thread, but I did just get home from WDW last night. Friday night we had 10:00 pm FP's for Splash, and got in line with them around 10:30-10:45ish. Two kids in front of us in the FP line had 8:00 pm FP's. We used Soarin' FP's 10 minutes after the cut-off with no comments from CM's.

Yay for FP enforcement! :woohoo:

See - look how happy this guy is to get to gloat! It's probably the best thing to happen to him all year and look at his little happy face and dancing hands ... Why would anyone want to deny him the opportunity to be smug when it makes him so happy! :hug:

Well, silly me for thinking that I was maximizing my day even though I didn't know I could use FPs outside the return window. :rolleyes:

That really is a drag that you're just learning that now - right when they changed things! I would be frustrated too but look at it this way - you're caught up with the learning curve now!

And really as long as I have been reading dis boards I am still always learning new things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter