Anyone stayed at Saratoga Springs.

The Eighth Dwarf

Mouseketeer
We`ve been planning our next holiday almost since we arrived home last month, and it looks like we`ll be going to Saratoga Springs Resort.
So has anyone stayed there and if so what was it like, how big is the resort and whats the bus transport like.

If we wanted to be close to the pool and the shop where would we request a room.

Those sorts of questions, and of course any other info you all want to share.

I haven't visited SSR but I did see it from the balloon at DTD on Sundya and let me tell you it is HUGE!

I imagine the room you want will be a preferred one, so check out the resort map and learn the names of the different sections.

I'd personally choose one of the ones closer to DTD though, as I find it's proximity to DTD the only real benefit of the resort compared to others.

We have stayed there twice - once in Congress Park and once in the Grandstand. Congres Park is nearest to DTD - just a short walk to Marketplace. If you are lucky you willalso get a view across the lake to DTD.

We did prefer the Grandstand area though as the pool there is great for kids, it is a short walk to the Carriage House (shop and restaurants) and still a doable to walk to DTD. Also, buses drop off and collect first from here. We had a great view also, across the golf course.

It is a large resort but we love it. I would always try for Congress Park or the Grandstand areas. I know alot like the Springs because it is just across the road from the main pool and the Cartiage House but the location and layout don't appeal to us.

We stayed in Grandstand for 7 nights before our DCL cruise last year and loved that it was first pick up on the bus so you always got a seat (and therefore first drop off too!). It was a 7 - 8 minute walk to the Carriage House, but that didn't bother us at all. It had a great pool for the kids.

After our DCL cruise we stayed for 2 nights in the Congress Park section, very near DTD which was great. We had no problem with the buses and loved our SSR stay.

If you want to be near the shops and pool, request a Springs section room. :thumbsup2

we stayed in the paddock section last year, we fell in love with this resort,
we didnt find it too big and we enjoyed the 1o min walk to the carridge house
for a big resort it was really relaxing and peaceful.
we have booked to go back again in August :goodvibes

Stayed there twice in the last couple of years.

Second time we asked for Congress Park and had a unit overlooking the lake and DTD. The walkway to DTD was right outside our apartment - but not close enough to cause any disturbance. Pool was a 2 minute walk.

Transport was first class. Always found a seat.

First time round we were in The Paddock and had absolutely no problems with this area either. Our unit overlooked the pool. Short walk to the Carriage House.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter