Anyone know the current purchase with purchase?

Generally speaking what kind of discount do they usually give on the item? Say if the "special" item is reg priced $20 and you spend the required amount, might they offer the item for an additional $15?

We just left WDW on Friday. At that time, the offers were for a Mickey backpack or an insulated bag. Earlier in the week, choices were the backpack or a beach towel that folded into a bag. I believe the towel offer was replaced with the insulated bag sometime during our trip.

Generally speaking what kind of discount do they usually give on the item? Say if the "special" item is reg priced $20 and you spend the required amount, might they offer the item for an additional $15?

As far as I know, you can't purchase the items outside of the offer. In other words, you won't find the item in the gift shop with a price tag that you would pay if you wanted to buy it by itself.

Wow, I think the OP was just curious. Truth be told, I go in December and I'm curious too. I think the mods have said before if you don't want to answer, just don't. No need for the rudeness or insulting.

Someone doesn't understand something and it's "rude or insulting"??? What did I miss???:crazy2:

That's correct, I did see an insulated bag in one store that did not offer the beach bag/towel. We left on Thursday the 25th and the beach bag/towel was still available with the backpack in the Animal Kingdom Kidani gift shop on the 25th. In the past we had bought the soft blankets with a picture of the castle on them. Really liked those blankets.

As far as I know, you can't purchase the items outside of the offer. In other words, you won't find the item in the gift shop with a price tag that you would pay if you wanted to buy it by itself.

That's my understanding too!

I'm hoping the deal is either a picture frame or blanket.

OP, thank you for asking! We leave in a few days and I was wondering also. We have bought the blanket, lanyard/pins, beach bag and backpack over the years. Love these items and use them often. All have held up well too.

Sorry my bad, I guess it must have been edited or deleted and I missed it because none of the posts afterwards fit that bill?

Last edited:
I understood your question/title just fine and am confused on what people dont get? Thanks for asking because I was curious too and leave in early November. Have a good trip!

OK so the original price of the item is unknown, so you really don't know the actual % off or $ amount that you're saving by taking the offer. I will just have to decide if the price of the "special" item is worth it to me.

Last edited:
I understood your question/title just fine and am confused on what people dont get? Thanks for asking because I was curious too and leave in early November. Have a good trip!

I had no clue what the OP was asking about bc even tho this will be my 11th trip to WDW I never knew about this offer in gift shops ...... until I read post #4 where it was clarified. But I'm glad the thread was started bc now I know to keep my eye out for the deal when I'm in WDW next week!

The offer I've been seeing the last few days is an insulated tote for 19.99 when you spend $25 and/or WDW backpack for 19.99 when you spend $40 (or $45...couldn't remember that last detail).

We just got back home a few days ago as well. For sure it was a beach towel (I think it came in a small draw string back pack type bag) or a mickey backpack. I don't recall the prices for sure, but I want to say the backpack was in the $20 range.

Sounds like it may be gone now but the towel folds into a bag (kind of like those blankets that fold into pillows).

Yes that is exactly what I am asking and honestly I'm surprised that I'm receiving posts that are confused about what I'm asking.
It's a pretty common way to phrase that question on The DISboards.
I've seen it asked that way in the past. I just haven't seen a recent post about it which is why I'd like to know the current purchase with purchase.
I've been pretty drive here for a year, and only remember seeing this once before, a month or so ago, and had trouble remembering it. Perhaps it's more common on the budget forum than here, though it's certainly appropriate here.

I think calling it something like "purchase with purchase discount" or "merchandise discount with purchase" or "buy something, get something discount". would be clearer.

As others have already pointed out, I do confirm I saw the insulated bags, the backback and towels.

I hadn't noticed the price of the individual item wasn't shown... I find it so bizarre that so many items in WDW
have no price tags whatsoever... how the hell do guests that want to know the price of something do to find out? :(

Right now it's still the backpack (choice of Mickey heads or rainbow mickeys), the blue insulated tote with castle on it and the beach towel that converts into a backpack. In the past I've seen different offers at the resorts than at the parks, but it's seems that they're all the same.

Right now it's still the backpack (choice of Mickey heads or rainbow mickeys), the blue insulated tote with castle on it and the beach towel that converts into a backpack. In the past I've seen different offers at the resorts than at the parks, but it's seems that they're all the same.

Its perfectly fine if you don't but do you happen to have a photo of the rainbow mickey backpack?

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter