Anyone in the TEMECULA area?

lulie

Earning My Ears
:wave2: Hi There!!! We are moving to Southern California in about 6 months and I was looking at the Temecula area??? Is it a nice place to raise your family? I have a 5 year old and would like to know about the best schools. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks so much! :thumbsup2
Lu

Temecula and the Riverside areas are booming in new home developments BUT the question is where is your employment going to be located in? Do you like heat because in the summers Temecula can get hot in the 100º plus for months.

I live in Newport Beach and know a lot of colleagues who commute from Temecula, Riverside and Ontario areas. They have to get up early to miss the rush hour to get to work.

I know Orange County home prices are ridiculous. If I had to purchase my home today there is NO WAY I could afford it. Homes in my neighborhood are going for a minimum of $895,000 and topping out at about $1.75 million.

Temecula is booming. Used to be way out in the boonies, but now it is quite a large community. Many people commute from Temecula to either San Diego or LA/Orange County. I think that's a crazy commute, but it's the only way some people can afford a home in the expensive southern Cal housing market.

I've only been through Temecula, stopped to grab a bite to eat. It's a pretty area...very hot in the summer.

I live in Murrieta, which is just north of Temecula and substitute teach in Temecula (and have in Murrieta also), so I'm familiar with all the public elementary schools in the area. Overall, both districts are very good if you go by state testing results, with Murrieta edging Temecula out a bit. If you want to PM me about it, feel free.

Yes, Temecula can get hot, but it's a heck of a lot cooler than Lake Elsinore. Still, it's a really nice area.

My recommendation would be to rent or rent with an option to purchase. The distance from your husband's new employment will be about 30-45 minutes. Be aware the traffic can be terrible so also take that into consideration.

Have you looked at Mira Loma, Norco, Corona? There are some new developments right between Corona and Norco (called Norco because it is really NORth COrona). This area was once a huge diary farm but now the diaries have moved east into Riverside County.

I have visited some of these locations and the homes are in nice neighborhoods too.

I can't see where the OP said where her husband would be working. Anyway. I used to live in Norco. I grew up there. One thing that the Temecula area doesn't have that all the places the PP suggested have big time is smog. The air out here is clean and you can actually breath. Oh, and you can see the mountains, too.

Btw, Norco, Corona, Mira Loma--all are in Riverside County.

Hi Everyone, my husband will be working in Rancho Cucamonga, I have never been out there so I have no idea what cities to look at. I also think renting before buying would be the best option right now. Thanks for all your replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter