Anyone hitting the sales this weekend?

Crazy coincidence - we went to the mall yesterday with the intention of buying a large jar Yankee Candle, because we hadn't bought one in a while, and wanted a nice spring/summer scent. My wife mentioned that she had no coupons, but that we just suck it up and pay full price for one.

Imagine our surprise when we found out there was a sale going on! Two large jar candles for $30! The usual price is $25 each. Of course we paid the extra $5 and got a second.

For the record, we got Beach Vacation and Cherry Lemonade. :thumbsup2

<sigh> There I was on Saturday morning with my coupon and BAG of Bath & Body Works "stuff." Of course when I finally got home the DH just looked and said "we need more?." So I unpacked the back on the shelf that already had 10 bottles of soap.

At least our hands will be clean!

In the past, the semi-annual sale at Bath and Body Works stores has lasted several weeks. The online sale may have different dates.

Sorry we were such party poopers. I went for an early morning walk / jog. Rode my bike downtown for lunch, walked around and did not buy anything.

It looks like you "saved" a lot of money at Bath & Body and I am sure you got "good buys". But your "savings" is based on list price, right? Does anyone really pay the price on the label?

I hate it at Penney's where the staff is trained to say "you saved $$ today". My answer is that I never would have paid the original price. If I really wanted to save my money, I would not have come into the store!

Of course they do, it's a store in the mall, not a used car lot where you can negotiate.

If you need something at a store and don't have a coupon and it's not on sale, how else do you buy it without paying the price on the label? :confused3

Of course they do, it's a store in the mall, not a used car lot where you can negotiate.

If you need something at a store and don't have a coupon and it's not on sale, how else do you buy it without paying the price on the label? :confused3

I buy milk whether or not it's on sale. I bought a baby shower gift at Target today that wasn't on sale, but it also isn't likely to be on sale between now and Saturday. However, there is nothing at stores like Bath & Body Works, Yankee Candle, etc. that I MUST have, so I can wait for a sale.

I went to both sales this afternoon.
I stocked up on anti-bacterial hand soap at Bath & Body Works and I bought a dozen small jar candles at Yankee Candle :cloud9:

Oh yeah , I had a $10 off coupon for Yankee Candle :dance3:

Not true in every store, but in many stores, there is a price on the price tag that is only there to be soon marked down by various percentages at various intervals so people think they are getting a bargain. It is a marketing technique, or gimmick.

However, there is nothing at stores like Bath & Body Works, Yankee Candle, etc. that I MUST have, so I can wait for a sale.

So true!

To bring back to the original topic, I did go to Bath and Body Works today!

I was at KMart to buy something I needed that was on sale, toilet paper. (Perfect example! I buy Scott toilet paper for $6.00 / 12 rolls. I only buy it when it is "on sale", never when it costs several dollars more.)

B&BW was just down the strip.

I didn't want to be a party pooper. And I do like sales. I started with the 75% off bin. Nothing I wanted/needed. Nothing in the 50% off shelves tempted me. Maybe I was able to hold off because I was aware of the inventory of Sensual Amber and Honeysuckle and other small bottles I already have in the closet. The only item that I came close to purchasing was a $2.50 candle jar in the Christmas peppermint twist scent I really like. Picked it up and smelled it three times! Then I remembered that I could not remember the last time I had burned a candle and let the store empty handed!

I did do my part to help the local economy this weekend. Ate two meals at locally owned restaurants. Ate another meal at a national chain. At each, we appropriately tipped the wait staff. The only thing I brought home to store was leftovers for lunches this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter