Anyone? Help me crunch numbers?!

jrjac

Mouseketeer
Anyone up to helping me crunch numbers?!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am in the "dreaming stage" of planning our next trip.
If all works out as I so hope it does, it will be the first time we are all together is soo long! :grouphug: DH, myself, kids and grandkids.
6 adults
(1) 9 year old
(1) 5 year old
(1) 2 year old

Since we would be picking up the tab for everyone, we would have to cut costs where ever possible-and definitely want to have the dining plan.
After crunching some numbers, I was pleasantly surprised! :goodvibes
So pleasantly surprised that I feel I may have not crunched the numbers correctly?! (Of course, these are just rough numbers for now-no taxes, etc)
So, this is what I have so far....

6 DAYS/ 5 NIGHTS

3 ROOMS (a must!)AT A VALUE RESORT in value season = $1200.-

BASE TICKETS (no park hoppers) = $1490.-

DINING PLAN = $1150.-

FOR A TOTAL OF $3840.00

What you do think?!

I am only guestimating here, but I would figure about $1500 for your room with taxes.

I would have to look up tickets, but your number seems logical.

I think the meal plan would be $1150.

This would make my guess not that different from yours: $4140.

jrjac said:
Anyone up to helping me crunch numbers?!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am in the "dreaming stage" of planning our next trip.
If all works out as I so hope it does, it will be the first time we are all together is soo long! :grouphug: DH, myself, kids and grandkids.
6 adults
(1) 9 year old
(1) 5 year old
(1) 2 year old

Since we would be picking up the tab for everyone, we would have to cut costs where ever possible-and definitely want to have the dining plan.
After crunching some numbers, I was pleasantly surprised! :goodvibes
So pleasantly surprised that I feel I may have not crunched the numbers correctly?! (Of course, these are just rough numbers for now-no taxes, etc)
So, this is what I have so far....

6 DAYS/ 5 NIGHTS

3 ROOMS (a must!)AT A VALUE RESORT in value season = $1200.-

BASE TICKETS (no park hoppers) = $1490.-

DINING PLAN = $1150.-

FOR A TOTAL OF $3840.00

What you do think?!

Taxes will increase that some, but the numbers are fairly accurate, other things to consider:
tips for mousekeeping
travel (airfare or gas)
souveniers
extra dining costs (tips, alcohol, dole whip)
rental car/taxi if you need anything other than DME

Have you given any thought to renting a house with four or five bedrooms? We have stayed at Disney resorts and at houses a few miles away. With the house, we are together but all have our own space.

I am coming up with about $1305 for the resort- taxes included- so you were pretty close there.

I just wanted to say that it sounds so fun - all the kids and grandkids together... I hope when my kids are grown we can all do something like that.

I just wanted to thank everyone so far for their comments, tips and suggestions. They are all very much appreciated! Thank you! :goodvibes

We often take the kids and gr-kids...this fall for sure...we are DVC so that takes care of that....i have friends that wouldnt stay anywhere but a house that they rent for $800 for the wk with pool and 3 bd rms...we would never stay off site, have rented WL cabins, deluxes and moderates...CB,WL,Poly etc....when the gr kids were small we have had 3 strollers and carseats and plenty of 'back to the room' naps....how do you do that when you are off-site??? I buy all our passes thur Ticketmania, and when we have stayed in a hotel rm...watched for codes...always got 3 rms....we get a mini van so we can grocery shop(and visit the inlaws one day}....sign up for email specials for car rentals or a Mousesavers newsletter....if you dont need a car use DME I am signed up for that this time....and when its fyour familes b-day and c-mas give them Disney Dollars....as for air fare i faithfully watched the Transportation and Budget Board on here daily and got 11 SW air fares to Orlando for $115.00each RT....'I love to save so i can spend it at WDW...just my 2 cents....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter