Anyone going to AKL in January?

Ladyhawke10 said:
Oh cool, if we end up going w/ CL (which I'm debating now) that would be the week we're planning on, too. We might stay more than a week but we are switching resorts, so that first week we'll be at AKL :sunny:

My DD said it was worth the price of admission just for the ressies. We have not needed to do a thing, and the staff seems to be happy to help. I need to make a few changes now that I see the hours (thank you Agotta), and I will be sending them today. I am way too excited! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

We are!! We are starting our trip at AKL on Jan. 13-16 staying concierge (by the way, they have been WONDERFUL!! :wizard: ) . We are then moving to VWL to a 1 bedroom Jan. 16-24 and wrapping up our stay at GF in the Main building Jan. 24-27. DH and I are celebrating 10 years of marriage and are looking forward to our blowout trip!! :love2:

Ladyhawke10,

I'm now offically booked at AKL-Standard for Jan 16-23. I was going to go Jan 14-21, but have been told that MLK B-Day weekend can be very very crowded.

We're going Jan 22-29. 1st trip for everyone in my family (doing a grand gathering) except my mom. I am so excited!!! I can't wait. :Pinkbounc
Dawn :sunny:

Ladyhawke10 said:
Is anyone planning on doing either the sunrise or sunset safaris?

We are booked for the Sunrise Safari on jan 5th. also I got this message from the Concierge concerning a new program offered:

We have a special Lunch at Jiko ** Lunch with Animal Programs will be starting on Nov. 1st, 2005. It will happen every Tuesday.Each lunch program can have up to 20 ppl. Ages 10 and up. The price is $65 plus tax and gratuity. Every Tuesday from 12 Noon to 2 p.m., a different presenter will meet with guests in an entertaining and informal setting. Personalities such as Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Animal Curator Joe Kalla, who spent much of his career at the San Diego Zoo, traveled to Africa to study Sumatra rhinos and learned Swahili to communicate with villagers, will share his experiences.

And, the Jiko culinary cast will serve a traditional Jiko feast.

It is a lunch session at Jiko with our friends from Animal Programs. This is your opportunity to get up-close-and-personal with a dolphin trainer, veterinarian, or animal curator.

This sounds like fun.

Ok, I did it! We upgraded to a savannah view room :goodvibes The only problem now is that I want to upgrade to CL :rotfl: I wonder if that may be a possibility at check-in? Anyone have any idea what my chances may be?

Hi
We are booked POFQ 12/28-01/08 and then our two last nights at AKL-standard room. We had hoped to change the 6 and 7th to AKL as well but they are only showing Savannah rooms. With rack rate and CDN dollar its a bit high for us. Any suggestions as to whether standards may come available for earlier in January, 4 or more nights would be better than only 2. Any ideas would be appreciated. :wave: bold

glass-slipper said:
Ok, I did it! We upgraded to a savannah view room :goodvibes The only problem now is that I want to upgrade to CL :rotfl: I wonder if that may be a possibility at check-in? Anyone have any idea what my chances may be?

AKL has become more and more popular. We stayed concierge level for a week this past October. We wanted to stay on two more days. They were booked solid for the entire resort. So we headed home. :guilty: We are talking about going back next fall. As soon as I have our dates I will be calling and scheduling a CL room. They fill up fast. If you think you want concierge book it now. :) Plus, you will be able to use their IPO now, if you wait until check in ???? The CM's in IPO are wonderful. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Angel16 said:
AKL has become more and more popular. We stayed concierge level for a week this past October. We wanted to stay on two more days. They were booked solid for the entire resort. So we headed home. :guilty: We are talking about going back next fall. As soon as I have our dates I will be calling and scheduling a CL room. They fill up fast. If you think you want concierge book it now. :) Plus, you will be able to use their IPO now, if you wait until check in ???? The CM's in IPO are wonderful. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

We booked CL because I was told that there was no guarantee that CL would be available at check in. Thanks DIS'ers! I can tell you that the IPO staff has been wonderful, and has been able to help me with all of our plans, and my DD has said that they are worth the price of admission. :goodvibes The rest of the benefits will be a bonus for us. Anyway, have a magicall time!

I am so excited!!! I just booked 2 nights concierge and 3 nights regular room, Jan.29- Feb.3rd. We are booking the sunset safari and the new 'lunch with the animals at Jiko. This is our 'splurge' trip to celebrate our 34th anniversary and DH's 54th BD.

We have our ADR booked for Boma now! :cool1:

I keep wondering if I should have included the dining plan (I reserved on the MYW package for the first part of the trip). I guess Boma only takes 1 TS? Wow.

I didn't make any requests at AKL beyond non-smoking--I'm excited to see where we end up :flower:

Only six more weeks! :wizard: :banana:

I wish we could stay CL................ :sad1: But, I'm happy just to be there!!!! I'm wanting that butternut squash soup, and the african stew......... not to mention the zebra domes :rolleyes1

I don't think I put my dates earlier......... we are 1/29 - 2/3. But, I did get the code applied to our MYW package, so we might add another night???

Lady ~~ we have the dining package, I'm glad we did it......... it seems like it will save $$ on dining, plus we are going to try out some new places we've never been. I'd say add it on, it just seems to make it so much more convenient. I'm so excited to try out Boma....... the AKL sounds so great, we may never make it to the parks............ ;)

wendypooh said:
I wish we could stay CL................ :sad1: But, I'm happy just to be there!!!! I'm wanting that butternut squash soup, and the african stew......... not to mention the zebra domes :rolleyes1

I don't think I put my dates earlier......... we are 1/29 - 2/3. But, I did get the code applied to our MYW package, so we might add another night???

Lady ~~ we have the dining package, I'm glad we did it......... it seems like it will save $$ on dining, plus we are going to try out some new places we've never been. I'd say add it on, it just seems to make it so much more convenient. I'm so excited to try out Boma....... the AKL sounds so great, we may never make it to the parks............ ;)

For us, CRO said CL was booked both first week and second week! So I am going to try in vain to pay for an upgrade at check-in, but I'm not counting on it. That's what happens when you book 50 days in advance :rotfl: But I'm excited to go in whatever category.

Yeah, I'm thinking of calling back and adding the dining plan. Do we have to add the same number of days for the plan as the tickets? I got the 10 day with the intention of making them non-expiring for a future trip. I don't want to have to add 10 days of dining--too much food! ;)

Thanks for noting some not-to-miss items at Boma. I'm excited! :banana:

I really don't know.......... We did the dining the number of nights we are staying. I don't know if you can alter the number of days you want dining for?? It wouldn't hurt to ask though. If you find out, let us know!!!

Dining is tied to the number of nights you are staying, so if you're staying 8 nights you pay for/receive 8 nights dining. The ticket is separate, so you can get any length ticket you want from 1 day to 10 days. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter