Anyone ever seen a guest ignore their FP window?

This was a daily thing when I was there in July. I can't tell you how many people tried to tap in without a FP+. Many tried to plead ignorance or the "We don't speak English" thing. I didn't see anyone physically push their way through, but saw one or two ignore the CM and just keep walking. I'm not sure, but I'd bet the CMs are told not to chase or confront, but perhaps call security to have them meet the moron guests at the ride exit. Just my own $.02, but if I were making the rules, that's what I'd suggest. Have the CMs at the front tap point try to turn back someone without a FP+. But if the guest is nasty and ignores them, fine, let them go onto the ride...don't confront. Just call security and let them meet the guest at the other end. Simply tell them "Hope you enjoyed your ride, it was your last one"

I've never seen anyone push through. I have seen people, myself included, tap in to see what time ours were at. Depending on how busy the FP line is, the CM may let you in a little earlier. We have gotten in 30 minutes early before because the lines were not long.

I've never seen anyone push through. I have seen people, myself included, tap in to see what time ours were at. Depending on how busy the FP line is, the CM may let you in a little earlier. We have gotten in 30 minutes early before because the lines were not long.

In that case, why not enter via standby, then USE the FP in 30-90 minutes for a second ride?
(Or use standby for the "short lines" attraction and change the FP to another attraction?)

595edc91aa01b486a4ae6e825b5651f7.jpg

tnsW3br.png

I've seen people stopped from entering the FP+ line on several occasions. One was at PP. It was a dad with two little girls and they were about 2 hours late for their FP+ return time. The dad kept coming up with all kinds of excuses - he didn't know what time it was (CM suggested he look at his watch), he has little children (he kept saying, "you're really going to turn two little children away?" CM kept telling him all the people in standby had little children, too). It was really unbelievable. It was clearly his fault that he wasn't there on time and he was trying to push the blame on the CM. She stood her ground.

Another time it was a family who had walked up to the SE FP+ line and tapped their MB's only to find they had no FP+ at all. They thought their MB's were instant FP+ to all rides in WDW . . .

I've seen people stopped from entering the FP+ line on several occasions. One was at PP. ... It was clearly his fault that he wasn't there on time and he was trying to push the blame on the CM. She stood her ground.
Good for her!
Another time it was a family who had walked up to the SE FP+ line and tapped their MB's only to find they had no FP+ at all. They thought their MB's were instant FP+ to all rides in WDW . . .
That's funny!

What's "SE"? (finally figured out that PP was Peter Pan...)

In that case, why not enter via standby, then USE the FP in 30-90 minutes for a second ride?
(Or use standby for the "short lines" attraction and change the FP to another attraction?)
Short FP line, not Standby.

I once saw a large group get turned away from Peter Pan (they had Jungle Cruise fastpasses but didn't seem to care/understand that they couldn't use them for Peter Pan...) and they went around the corner and jumped the line. My friend got the CM who took the group back out of line and told them that if they didn't leave the ride she'd call security because they can be kicked out for line jumping. I was shocked that people would do that!

I've seen people scan their bands get blue and still walk on the ride.

So not a FP+ story, but related. We went to the HEA plaza garden viewing dessert party in August and were waiting in the garden when I saw a whole family (led by the dad) sneak over a chain blocking the garden area from the pathway and sit down in the viewing area. I went over to one of the party CM's to let her know what happened and very discreetly pointed the family out to her. She went in, approached them and asked to see their wristbands (which they didn't have) and were promptly asked to leave. I was shocked (I don't know why ANYTHING shocks me anymore, LOL!), that the dad actually led his family in doing this - you could tell by his behavior he knew full well he wasn't supposed to be in there.

After the show, I thanked the CM and told her I was sorry I put her in that position but felt that I needed to point it out as people (including us!) had paid so much just to be in that viewing area. She said no problem and asked if the family had yelled at me because, apparently, this whole scenario happens often and usually the transgressors become belligerent toward the people who actually call out their behavior. yippee.

I've seen people scan their bands get blue and still walk on the ride.

We did that today. When searching for a 5th FP, 7DMT popped up for 2:10. We were planning to leave MK at 2:30 for an ADR, so got in the FP line (it can be a bit long anyway just to tap in) around 2:00. It turned blue, I asked the CM if it was too early, and she said we were fine.

I've seen plenty of blue lights, and plenty of hold ups at the tap styles while a cm tries to explain they're not in their fp window. But I've never seen anyone push their way through regardless.

I wish there was an extra cm by the tap styes who could immediately move these people out of line while it gets sorted out. A few minutes with one person blocking the tap styles can really bung up the fp line.
We ran into just people blocking or crowding the FP entrance in September. I don't really know what was going on with all of them but it did annoy us. We're just trying to scan our MB not stand behind a group of people talking to the CM. I know some of it was related to DAS issues, at least one or two was confusion (whether real or faked) on FPs-meaning if all or any in the traveling party had a FP for the ride or the FP was for the right time, etc.

That’s when I really miss that second scan at the merge point. They used to take care of that nonsense there, as well as the ones who jump the barricade halfway down the line.
Well they were using it on some rides when I was there in September. BTMRR and Space Mountain used them; I'd have to look at my notes that I have to see what other rides just don't have the time right now.

We did that today. When searching for a 5th FP, 7DMT popped up for 2:10. We were planning to leave MK at 2:30 for an ADR, so got in the FP line (it can be a bit long anyway just to tap in) around 2:00. It turned blue, I asked the CM if it was too early, and she said we were fine.

The rule for anyone that does know is 5 minutes early and up to 15 min late, you will get a green light. Everything else is at their discretion. :yay:

The rule for anyone that does know is 5 minutes early and up to 15 min late, you will get a green light. Everything else is at their discretion. :yay:

Is it officially their discretion? I ask because we had a bit of pixie dust on our last trip. We missed our only 7DMT FP because I got stuck on the line that morning on hold due to Irma for an hour and change. We got to the tapstiles and explained our predicament to the CM. She told us to scan, we flashed blue and she said "looks green to me, have a magical day." Awesome, but I worried slightly she'd get in trouble for it. It'd be nice to hear she's officially allowed to do that.

Matt

We were never denied entry when we were late for fast passes in September. In fact a CM overheard our conversation about how we missed our Peter Pan fast pass and she told us to go ahead and go over there they will let you through. We had CMs comment to us about how late we were and even asked us why we were late but they always let us through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter