Anyone ever hear of RV Registry?

Pineapple Princess

Mouseketeer
I have been trying to sell a 5th wheel for several months now with very little luck. We have it listed on a well known website and have had lots of looks, but nothing more than that.
Today we had a person from RV Registry call and claimed that most RV's listed with them are sold within 6 weeks. Now I have never ever heard of this company before, and I have that feeling that it just sounds too good to be true. I was wondering if anyone here has used that company to list their RV and how the whole experience with them was. Thank you very much!

Hmm, never sold an RV with a registry, but it sounds expensive...

Did they give you the particulars, like how much it is going to cost you to sell it with them?

Yes, it would be $228.95 and they say that they will market it both on their website and on their direct mailing list. They also say that they advertise their service in Family Motorcoach, Motorhome, Trailer Life, and Highways, but I read 3 out of the 4 mags and I have never heard of them until they contacted me.

When I sold my TT, I put it on consignment at a local RV dealer. I couldn't fit both in my driveway at the same time! Anyway, if you haven't heard of them after reading 3 of the 4, I would guess most others haven't either.

I sighed up in Dec, was told unit shouldn't take more than 8 weeks.. here it is the end of Apr not one leget phone call. We know RV's are selling just not sure if we are getting everything we payed for.

Looked at sight many times in past and prices seemed way too high.

Personally I would never list with a sight such as that.

Well since someone bumped up this very old thread...
I did list with them, and in the 2 years we have gotten ONE phone call about it. We have our 5th wheel listed on several websites, we have put it on Craigslist many times, have put ads up in local campgrounds and still we are stuck with it. It is in perfect condition.. We have had about 7 people say that they wanted it but then couldn't get the money for it. It is SO depressing. All it is doing is sitting in my side yard.

Anyone want a 5th wheel??
*sigh*

If anyone knows of something please let me know.I would not go with RV Registry though. They say a lot but sure don't deliver. We are priced $10,000 under book value too.

I sighed up in Dec, was told unit shouldn't take more than 8 weeks.. here it is the end of Apr not one leget phone call. We know RV's are selling just not sure if we are getting everything we payed for.

Well I see that we aren't the only ones. My dh has called to complain and they just say that they don't understand why we aren't getting any calls because "they are pushing it to everyone they know." What BS. I am so not happy with them!

We sold our tt at the beginning of the winter ( not an easy task ). We advertised on craigslist and rv trader and iwanna paper in our area...no luck. We knew we needed to put legs to our work so I cleaned the tt to the max and my dh took it down to an intersection where there was a walmart, lowes and many eating places with a lot of traffic. We had clearly marked how much we wanted and our phone number etc. We parked it at an eatery that was closed on Sunday ( we talked with the manager on Saturday to make sure it was ok). My dh took it down there two sunday's in a roll. We showed it three times. On the second Sunday we had it sold.

My advise is to get it as much exposure as possible, away from other camper's that may be better priced or look better. This has worked for us with our tt, our Silverado Truck and our golf cart. Put legs to your work. There are to may people selling to many things on the internet these day's things can get overlooked pretty easy.

Good luck! :thumbsup2

If you're going to buy another RV you might do just as well to trade it in, even if the deal doesn't look that good. We owed more on our last rv then it was worth when we wanted to upgrade. We opted to sell it on consignment and take the financial hit (we thought we might come out better that way and I was mad about the deal we had been offered ). We could have done better by trading it in and cutting our sales tax. Hindsight is always better than foresight.

Well I see that we aren't the only ones. My dh has called to complain and they just say that they don't understand why we aren't getting any calls because "they are pushing it to everyone they know." What BS. I am so not happy with them!

I work as an appraiser with a huge consignment dealer and can tell you I hear of many different approaches to selling an RV. I found this thread because I was doing some research on who these people are (RV Registry) and how they could have given my potential customer such different figures from what I gave them. After reading the posts here, it becomes clear. Beware of any listing or consignment business that makes money whether you sell your RV or not. ESPECIALLY if they give you likely sales figures that sound extremely agreeable. They reality is that RVs lose their value at an incredible rate. Another bit of reality, it the so called "BOOK VALUE" is wrong most of the time. So if you are offering up your RV at what you think is a discounted price but you are discounting from a "book value" chances are, your still overpriced. In my line of work, people often are not happy with the numbers I give them because I do not sugar coat it. Some get upset, try these other questionable outfits, losing money in the process. (paying them PLUS your RV continues to devalue while you waste time) then end up calling me back. More often than not, its PRICE, PRICE, PRICE.

I regret that I bit the line of RVregistry. Cost me $300+. Guess they saw me coming. I'm not sure where they are posting my 5th Wheel. I've got in on a consignment lot in Bellingham, WA (Vacationland)

Hope others are smarter than I was....don't trust RVregistry.
:rolleyes:

I got the same story from them when I signed up. Here we are two years later. I was sucked in. Don't make the same mistake we did. No help from them and no here from them. We still have the 2006 mobile suite which is loaded including a 5500w generator.

RV Registry is a total waste of money. I spent $328 with no inquiries via this web site. I sold my unit at no cost on Craig's list.

One problem with RV Registry is that there are so many listings that your's will get buried where they do not gain visibility before people who might be interested get tired of scrolling and reading descriptions. The sales department talks a good ballgame but can't deliver due to the volume involved. Actually, there is no incentive for them to do so as they happily collect a large volume of upfront fees. Any followup work in sending E-mails, etc. is not something they want to do as it adds to their effort.

I believe, if the truth were known, there are just a few people in a backyard
operation gettiing very wealthy.

Beware, that there are other organizations out there doing the same thing.

Stick with the free ones such as Craigslist and Ebay classifieds.

They are opportunists. The best way to get rid of these con artists is to say," I will pay you when the deal closes, just like a Real Estate agent." An agent gets paid at closing and so should the cons. They do not really provide you with a service at all. They also go over Craigslist and call with their smooth talkers. No upfront money. Most upfront money people are con artists.

I have been trying to sell a 5th wheel for several months now with very little luck. We have it listed on a well known website and have had lots of looks, but nothing more than that.
Today we had a person from RV Registry call and claimed that most RV's listed with them are sold within 6 weeks. Now I have never ever heard of this company before, and I have that feeling that it just sounds too good to be true. I was wondering if anyone here has used that company to list their RV and how the whole experience with them was. Thank you very much!
I have been with RV Registry since May 2013. I checked with the BBB before signing up with them. They got a very high rating. I paid them $300.00 plus $100.00 to have my RV shown as the feature RV of the day. It was supposed to be listed in several magazines and websites. As of this date 1-27-14 I have not received one inquiry or seen one listing for my RV other than on RV Registry.com. They do not return any phone calls or respond to any emails. Total Rip Off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!