Anyone else running Foxboro ma?

I am considering it, but I know my family will give me a hard time for not being at the annual family lobsterbake way up in the NH lakes region. :rolleyes1

Have you done it before? I need a 10K time for the PHM 2014, I doubt I'd get a good one at Foxboro, it would be my first, but was thinking it could be a trial run and then do the Tufts 10K in October as the real deal. I have been looking for info from past runners but have not found much. I am new to all this though, and not entirely sure how to find it.

I did it last year. The packet pick up is a bit crazy. It was all outside and it was raining. You wait in line to find your name on a list that gives you a number and then you go wait in a line that corresponds to your number to get your bib. Then you go wait in another line for the t-shirt.

The restaurants give you a free meal. They were limited meals, mostly pasta and veggies during a certain time frame, but I remember they were free (or very discounted) and delicious.

We arrived about 2 pm and our 6 year old did the kids races. It was good, rather well organized and really fun for the kids. Patriot mascot, Patriot cheerleaders and a few ex-players on the field.

The 10K race was good. You corral yourself. They have times posted and we just jumped in where we thought we would be. Lots of port-o-potties. The course was fine and had parts where people were cheering you on. It was amazing to end on the 50 yard line right on the field. Live feed on the Jumbotron, announcing your name as you crossed the line. It was so cool!! I had a terrible race though. I worked all day, and was tired. I don't do well at night.

They also had lots of goodies after the race, yogurt, granola bars, snacks. Then we stayed for the fireworks and watched from the parking lot. Overall it was a fun night! If you do well racing at night, I really recommend it. It's a pretty flat course, overall, and should be a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!