Anyone Else going Jan 2009

Also...how soon will I know if I get accpeted to a program?? I'm graduating in December...so I won't be able to apply for internships after that, right? (you have to be enrolled to apply) If I don't get accepted in one position...will I have time to apply for another? I really want to work at Disney but I'm worried that since I graduate so soon that I won't have the chance. I wish I would of known about this sooner. I would have applied before. If I get accepted and do the job..then what? am I just done? or can I come back even though Id be graduated? I know they have Grad. programs..but I won't be going to grad school for about two years after I graduate college. Can I work for Disney in the meantime even though I wouldn't be "enrolled' anywhere?

Also...how soon will I know if I get accpeted to a program?? I'm graduating in December...so I won't be able to apply for internships after that, right? (you have to be enrolled to apply) If I don't get accepted in one position...will I have time to apply for another? I really want to work at Disney but I'm worried that since I graduate so soon that I won't have the chance. I wish I would of known about this sooner. I would have applied before. If I get accepted and do the job..then what? am I just done? or can I come back even though Id be graduated? I know they have Grad. programs..but I won't be going to grad school for about two years after I graduate college. Can I work for Disney in the meantime even though I wouldn't be "enrolled' anywhere?

For the CP, yes you have to be currently enrolled in school to apply for the CP. If you do end up doing the CP, once you are done you can 1)extend the program, 2) go seasonal, 3) go FT.

Most of the PIs require having done the CP

I can't do the CP now (I'm taking summer classes and then fall classes till I grad. in December). So..is there any way I can do a PI?

what is the CP exactly? If I end up having to do it to get an internship. What is involved? How long is it? What type of jobs do you do? How do the classes work?

what is the CP exactly? If I end up having to do it to get an internship. What is involved? How long is it? What type of jobs do you do? How do the classes work?

The CP is an internship working at WDW. the length varies from 4.5 months to almost 8 months (basically- a semester up to a semester plus the summer). The jobs are basic-entry jobs (merchandise, attractions, quick foods, and so on). If you choose to take one of the Disney classes, your work scheduled is based around the class(s). You can find more info here: www.wdwcollegeprogram.com.

I'm thinking about doing a CP in Spring of 09 too! Of course, if I can survive the audition and interview process, that is :scared1: I'll be a sophomore when I go down, so I hope to get some college credit! If i like my experience in the spring I might try to extend my stay through the summer...but that all depends because I get really homesick and the thought of moving away from home for 8 months scares me (at school I'm only an hour away from my house in PA so moving to Florida is really far for me)...but this is the opputunity of a life time!

I am so excited, but it seems so far away! :tink:

I finally convinced hubby that I wasn't joking...:rolleyes: He's a bit :scared: at the thought, but he'll adjust. I did say tonight that I hoped I'd get into BBB and he said, "You'd make more at Home Depot." Needless to say, the man simply does not understand. :sad2: Happily, my DDs all do and are willing to do whatever it takes to see Mom succeed! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I'm hoping to do CS Fall 09 after I graduate high school and [hopefully] earn some college credit before I start a formal university.

I'm hoping to do Spring Advantage 09; I'm even taking a leave of absence from school to do it (that's Disney dedication, haha).

Just curious, does anyone know exactly how late into August we're there for Advantage? Is it towards the beginning/middle/end?

I'm hoping to do the Spring Advantage '09 *crosses fingers*. This will be my first time and it's the only time I will be able to do the CP so I REALLY hope I get accepted lol. Ever since I was little I always wanted a chance to work at Disney, then as I got older I discovered the CP and now that I'm in college...I will, no doubt, apply haha. (Perhaps, if my classes work out well I will be able to do the program more than once).

I'm hoping to do Spring Advantage 09; I'm even taking a leave of absence from school to do it (that's Disney dedication, haha).

Just curious, does anyone know exactly how late into August we're there for Advantage? Is it towards the beginning/middle/end?

It ranges from beginning-mid Aug.

I also am hoping to go January-August (I think that may be the advantage?).

I had applied and been accepted before, but was unable to go. I'm hoping it works out! I've wanted to take part in it for about three years! I'm currently taking some prereqs for Nursing and applying to the major soon after- and apparently there is just a long enough wait to start classes that I could go in the spring! Hooray! I'm taking some classes in the mean time.

Hope to see some of you down there. :goodvibes

Oh and Joanna, I saw you posted something about becoming a Seasonal Cast Member in a previous post after completing a C.P. Do you know what the requirements are for being a seasonal cast member? Like how many hours in a year, or season does a person have to work? Thanks! :upsidedow

I also am hoping to go January-August (I think that may be the advantage?).

I had applied and been accepted before, but was unable to go. I'm hoping it works out! I've wanted to take part in it for about three years! I'm currently taking some prereqs for Nursing and applying to the major soon after- and apparently there is just a long enough wait to start classes that I could go in the spring! Hooray! I'm taking some classes in the mean time.

Hope to see some of you down there. :goodvibes

Oh and Joanna, I saw you posted something about becoming a Seasonal Cast Member in a previous post after completing a C.P. Do you know what the requirements are for being a seasonal cast member? Like how many hours in a year, or season does a person have to work? Thanks! :upsidedow

Yep, that would be Spring Advantage.

And to be seasonal, it varies by area. But it usually is not that much. Just make sure to ask your manager before your program ends (also, make sure to keep your record card clean).

Yep, that would be Spring Advantage.

And to be seasonal, it varies by area. But it usually is not that much. Just make sure to ask your manager before your program ends (also, make sure to keep your record card clean).

Thanks so much! I'll keep that tucked away in my brain somewhere.

you can also become a campus rep if you are continuing in college. All the benefits without having to worry about finding a week to work during the year

I'm hoping to go in Jan 2009! I was debating waiting to do the CP until I got out of school but i can't wait anymore- i'm going ASAP!

I am doing it in January. I am graduating in December and this is the last chance i will have to go before I start law school in the fall 09. I did a cp in spring 07 and it was amazing and I cant wait to go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter