Anyone else crashing Ticketmaster, waiting for Taylor Swift tickets?

There is some truth to the statement that Meatloaf would have never made it big in the MTV era.
He actually was played on MTV in the early days.

Boy bands were huge when I was growing up and girl power groups too so that's what was often played but MTV over the years just shifts and changed to what was popular. HV1 as well.

MTV has been around since the early 80s, just might be hard to remember what it was like 40 years ago..

Bottom line is that she has attracted enough fans to continually break records, so even if you (general you) don’t like her… PLENTY of others do.

I'd wanted to get tickets, registered for verified fan and was waitlisted. Which, to be honest, every time I've registered I've gotten chosen (I've done it for Phil Collins, Jonas Brothers, and Billie Eilish) so I thought I'd have a pretty good chance. Once general sales were cancelled, I took that budget and spent it on seeing P!nk next summer, I've never seen her, so I'm looking forward to it.

Making lemonade out of lemons. I've seen Taylor before and although I'd love to see her again, I'm sure I'll enjoy P!nk.

That's like...the entire genre of music from country to punk rock, to alternative rock to pop, rap, hip hop, etc. I mean country is basically beer, fishing, country girls mixed in with cheating men and getting back at them sooo yeah.

Hello anyone heard of "Every Breath You Take"??

I think Taylor Swift gets more notice out of it because she has released songs more back to back but she is far from the only one.

Supposed music snobs are strong in these thread I see.

To be fair though, not every song like that is about a real person. Most of them are just about an "in general" ex.

To be fair though, not every song like that is about a real person. Most of them are just about an "in general" ex.
I think the point was made by what I said ::yes:: :)

Whether the artist themselves or just the songwriter(s) (when it's not the artist) life experiences influence music for many of the lyrics and vibes of the songs. Sometimes it's an actual person other times a compilation of them, sometimes it's a personal experience, sometimes it's an experience of someone they know. The PP has an issue with an overtness to it but it exists in much of the songs, Taylor Swift is just blunt in everyone knowing who she is talking about, others are not as much into that and then others you'll find out the meaning years later. Either way it's part and parcel of the music biz. Diss tracks are pretty standard for hip hop and rap (mainly rap) for example and they aren't only about personal beefs, exes def. make appearances. Lyrics often weave in details, though some call out by explicit name.

Funny, I got four seats for her show here at Ford Field in Detroit easily & honestly had no idea of how hard it was for so many before I purchased them. I received a presale code being a NFL season ticket holder from the Detroit Lions a couple months ago & logged on at the posted time with code in hand. Got in & was 120 in line, which my kids said was crazy because the other presale queues were starting at 2000+. Took me all of about 3 minutes to score 4 bottom bowl seats & win Xmas for my two hardcore Swiftie daughters. Guess there was much interest from the NFL crowd for Taylor Swift tix, who’da thunk it?😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter