• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone concerned about the Coronavirus in WDW ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early prevention of transmission is critical in stopping a gobal pandemic. When there are small numbers is the ONLY time you can stop it or at least drastically reduce it's effect. So in short, this is the time for action.
In don’t disagree. But I don’t think some people on here would accept action like closing all foreign travel. Basically stopping all free movement. Other than that.... just need to wash hands and use common sense.
No matter. The flu is and will be more deadly in total numbers. So... that’s more of a worry. If one wants to worry.

Last edited:
So I am sitting in a garage customer waiting area and just read all the news about the coronavirus today and apparently it is a partisan hoax created just to damage one political party. What the heck? This whole time I thought it was real. Sheesh.
While I think it is real, I think that there is a certain segment of politics that follows the "never let a crisis go to waste" mentality. We can only do so much right now with what is known. They would do a lot better if the testing were dispersed outside of Atlanta. I think that's where everything is being done now.

While I think it is real, I think that there is a certain segment of politics that follows the "never let a crisis go to waste" mentality. We can only do so much right now with what is known. They would do a lot better if the testing were dispersed outside of Atlanta. I think that's where everything is being done now.

You can diagnose with a CT chest scan.

That may be, but the government doesn't always make massive cuts to programs meant to assist in situations like these for the hell of it and then say things like "it's gonna be gone in a few weeks."
Well technically speaking. There is no cut. It was a reduction in increase. So instead of say a 10% increase. It was a 2 % increase. Some will say that’s an 8% cut. Which of course is silly. It’s still an increase. Throwing money at something won’t do anything but waste it. A lot of years has money thrown at things with zero result.

That may be, but the government doesn't always make massive cuts to programs meant to assist in situations like these for the hell of it and then say things like "it's gonna be gone in a few weeks."

Without going too far down this rabbit hole, I’m going to say that this outbreak makes the case for government healthcare, where folks aren’t afraid to get treatment because their out of pocket deductible can possibly exceed their savings. I don’t want to hear about uninsured people dying from this outbreak or those with ridiculously high deductibles.

Without going too far down this rabbit hole, I’m going to say that this outbreak makes the case for government healthcare, where folks aren’t afraid to get treatment because their out of pocket deductible can possibly exceed their savings. I don’t want to hear about uninsured people dying from this outbreak or those with ridiculously high deductibles.

Also better time off policies, so people don't feel that they can't miss work even when they're sick.

Well technically speaking. There is no cut. It was a reduction in increase. So instead of say a 10% increase. It was a 2 % increase. Some will say that’s an 8% cut. Which of course is silly. It’s still an increase. Throwing money at something won’t do anything but waste it. A lot of years has money thrown at things with zero result.

I was referring to the cuts to the pandemic response team, which I am pretty sure was not any kind of increase, though I could have misunderstood.

I’ve seen at least one story about someone getting a bill for their quarantine.

I was referring to the cuts to the pandemic response team, which I am pretty sure was not any kind of increase, though I could have misunderstood.
You didn't misunderstand anything.

As of yesterday, there were 60 confirmed cases in the US, with around 9000 more people being monitored for CoVid-19. Considering our government has only 5,000 tests for the virus for the entire country currently, don't know how that is going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter