• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Anyone awake?!! Flight Help!

Disney Addicted

DIS Veteran
Woke up at 2 AM to discover our flight was cancelled at 1:15 AM and rebooked to 8:20 PM arriving in Miami 11:15 PM.

There is a flight with American Airlines that leaves 6-9:30 PM instead. Isn't American Airlines a partner with Air Canada? CAn we request to be switched to it? There's no option when I log into Air Canada. We are on hold (2+ hours).

Cannot find out what time the Air Canada service desk opens at the airport to figure out if it's worthwhile even driving there at this point...

Any help would be appreciated if anyone is awake!

American is part of One World and Air Canada is part of Star Alliance (along with United). You can ask about the American flight but highly unlikely (if AC couldn’t get you there with a Star Alliance flight until something like Monday, they might have been willing to give you the American flight).

You can ask for a refund and book on American yourself, but I suspect that the cost would be much higher than what you paid.

Check the AC and UA flight and see if there is anything better than what you are being offered and then ask for it.

Thanks! My aunt insisted we go to the airport but the staff refuse to help anyone. They directed us all to customer service phoned. Wait times are 2 plus hours. Ugh.. wish we had stayed home to be on hold on the phone.

How many are you? I did some searching and it does look like your new flights might be the best you can get.

I don’t remember what your trip entails but may consider flying into FLL or other airports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter