Any USA entry updates?

Welsh_Dragon

DIS Veteran
Well my (plan B) British Airways flight Gatwick to Athens in October has been cancelled but my British Airways flight Gatwick to MCO is still scheduled. 33 days to go!

ButterbearUK

Mouseketeer
Well my (plan B) British Airways flight Gatwick to Athens in October has been cancelled but my British Airways flight Gatwick to MCO is still scheduled. 33 days to go!
A cynic mighy suggest that they intend to wait until after the final payment date for the (Presumably fairly full) half term flights to Orlando before they cancel them, thus avoiding having to refund to anyone who has only paid deposits etc.

Our final payment day is the 29th September. It is abundantly clear that the current ban on travel to the US will still be in place then. I would have hoped that they would do the decent thing and cancel before that final payment date, but at present am preparing myself for them cancelling after I have lost my deposit due to refusing to pay in full by the PIF date for flights that I believe will not be flying.

Welsh_Dragon

DIS Veteran
A cynic mighy suggest that they intend to wait until after the final payment date for the (Presumably fairly full) half term flights to Orlando before they cancel them, thus avoiding having to refund to anyone who has only paid deposits etc.

Our final payment day is the 29th September. It is abundantly clear that the current ban on travel to the US will still be in place then. I would have hoped that they would do the decent thing and cancel before that final payment date, but at present am preparing myself for them cancelling after I have lost my deposit due to refusing to pay in full by the PIF date for flights that I believe will not be flying.
I buy flights directly from BA and pay in full upon purchase. To date, they have been very good. My son’s flight from Buenos Aires was cancelled and they refunded within 48 hours. Similarly our July flight to MCO was cancelled in June and again they refunded us within 48 hours.

Welsh_Dragon

DIS Veteran
If the airline operates the flights but the FO/US is still saying essential travel only, then will the airline give a refund if you (we) cancel? (They could still fly to serve essential travellers.)
I will be given a refund if BA cancel or apparently if the travel restrictions are in place within 30 days of the flight (almost there!), but otherwise I made a flexible booking so I can change the flight free of charge.

ButterbearUK

Mouseketeer
I buy flights directly from BA and pay in full upon purchase. To date, they have been very good. My son’s flight from Buenos Aires was cancelled and they refunded within 48 hours. Similarly our July flight to MCO was cancelled in June and again they refunded us within 48 hours.
We buy direct too, but (unusually for us) only put the deposit down intending to pay the rest off in the spring. Then COVID hit so I didn’t. And I’m not paying up the rest now just to secure the refund of £300 in the event that they cancel given that we’ve already cancelled our Disney booking and would have nowhere to stay. So I need them to cancel this side of the 29th to get the £300 back. I’m just not very hopeful of that.
Good to hear that they have been processing refunds quickly for cancelled flights though :)

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.