Any update on AKL value rooms

They would not be able to see into a value room unless they were standing on the savannah looking through powerful binoculars.!! LOL
They are mistaken.

Perhaps if they were standing in a lifeguard chair facing the pool view value rooms, again looking through binoculars. LOL

Or we could have a room across the savannah from the value rooms.
Or anyone could look up from the lounge off the lobby.

Well we are here! Checked in yesterday and were upgraded to a standard studio, though we have a pretty nice view of the pool. No complaints other than we still would have liked to know what the value studio would have been like!

Checking in tomorrow! Wondering what has been everyones luck this week with value studios?

My friends checked in Friday. I requested low floor and sunset savanna view since they got moved to Kidani Savanna. They got 4th floor Pembe savanna with a nice view of the road.

My friends checked in Friday. I requested low floor and sunset savanna view since they got moved to Kidani Savanna. They got 4th floor Pembe savanna with a nice view of the road.
Not cool! I would not be happy with that at all!

Im confused. Did you book Savanah and they got standard? Or are you saying that you had a value booked and your guests just didn’t get your request?

Im confused. Did you book Savanah and they got standard? Or are you saying that you had a value booked and your guests just didn’t get your request?

I booked my friend a value view room. I got a phone call from MS saying that the value room was out of service and they would be upgrading my reservation to Kidani savanna view. I put in a request to have them be in a lower floor with a sunset savanna view. They were happy with their room I was just bummed they got one of the worst savanna views.

I booked my friend a value view room. I got a phone call from MS saying that the value room was out of service and they would be upgrading my reservation to Kidani savanna view. I put in a request to have them be in a lower floor with a sunset savanna view. They were happy with their room I was just bummed they got one of the worst savanna views.

That is a bummer for them. Well, at least there in the happiest place!,,😃

How many days in advance did you get a phone call? I’m going to be on a cruise until the morning I check-in so don’t want to miss a call! Debating if I should call before I leave on the cruise.

How many days in advance did you get a phone call? I’m going to be on a cruise until the morning I check-in so don’t want to miss a call! Debating if I should call before I leave on the cruise.
I got a call 3 weeks before. Others have called and have been told values are available only to be moved at check in.

There were construction workers on Saturday cleaning and wiping down the hallway and railings on the 5th floor lobby portion that was draped off earlier in week so they must be getting closer to done. We were moved within Jambo had standard but was "Savannah" over people pen. Happy with view. No matter what we got it was still a upgrade over value room.

Call us crazy , but we actually really like rooms overlooking Pembe savanna . There is a level of privacy for those rooms that no other savanna view rooms have . No Giraffes or Zebra , but it does have Okapi and red river hogs , which no other savanna has . Just love opening the balcony sliding doors and NOT being able to see inside other rooms at AK(and vice versa) . So peaceful .

Any AKV value room updates? Did these rooms get any updates hard or soft during their 3 months out of service? Any pictures available?

Checked out 2/1. Had a value res that was upgraded to a Savanah view. It was a nice room with a great view but it was a good walk to it, and it wasn’t even the furthest section. I’ve also had the second from last room in a Kidani wing before so this was not nearly as bad. Is it nitpicking to say I would’ve preferred the value’s location? LOL. The other time I stayed value it was basically right off the elevator, pool view...loved it.

Can’t speak to the room being Reno’d but the walls were definitely a very light-near white color. I think they used to be a dingier yellow color and the pull out sofa bed was definitely NEW. Never really pay attention to the curtains and that seems to be a good indicator too. So if anything a soft goods refresh. I could guess the next hard Reno will follow the cash rooms design cues.

I love AKL and I must say the stay fell flat. It felt like it was missing the magic. First time staying in cooler weather; maybe I need to be baked in the hot sun to really get those vacation vibes. They also messed up my portfolio and had the “DVC indicator” set as no so I was charged for 5 nights of parking. The front desk put on a guest inconvenience credit to balance it and that appeared to be adjusted again at checkout. My credit card had 8-12 random holds and charges that eventually sorted itself out over 10 days but annoying none the less.

I am checking into a Value Studio tomorrow for a week. Will be interested to see what it is like. Are they back in circulation yet?

Ok, an update-just got to the room. It doesn’t look like they brought over any of the changes to AKL standard hotel rooms. Based on photos from Disney Tourist Blog, it seems all furnishings are consistent with the previous design. I last stayed in Jambo about 15 months ago (standard studio) and Kidani a week ago, and looks like same furniture.

facebook twitter