Any trip reports using Vegas Brazil, Alamo Code?

I've just made a booking for September, Single day booking, 1 way from Cape Canaveral to MCO and with the VB discount + and $50 off discount it came to $2.89. Are they going to call me out on this at pickup?

I've just made a booking for September, Single day booking, 1 way from Cape Canaveral to MCO and with the VB discount + and $50 off discount it came to $2.89. Are they going to call me out on this at pickup?
Wow!
May I ask where you got the $50 discount? Is it a coupon code you can share? Thanks!

I just Googled $50 off alamo code and it said it was expired on the forum but I tried anyways and it wasn't. I also used the VB code along with it and no CDW was added. Coupon code is AD4004JDK

A $50 coupon valid for one single day...and a one way rental to boot?

I've never seen it, in years of renting. Most coupons require a minimum 3 day stay to get money off and few are valid for one ways. Something isn't right.

Odd's are excellent you won't be leaving Alamo's lot in that car for that price.

I've never seen it, in years of renting. Most coupons require a minimum 3 day stay to get money off and few are valid for one ways. Something isn't right.

Odd's are excellent you won't be leaving Alamo's lot in that car for that price.
Have to agree there. I just rebooked our September rental using the $50 code and it shows on my reservation as:
$50 OFF WKLY RENTAL

That's what I worry about. At the same time though, if I print out my confirmation (which doesn't show the code) and use the kiosk, I could be ok.....?

That's what I worry about. At the same time though, if I print out my confirmation (which doesn't show the code) and use the kiosk, I could be ok.....?
As long as Alamo doesn't figure out that their system is allowing a weekly code to be used on a daily rental.
If they do, it will get red-flagged and you won't be able to check-in online or use the Kiosk (you will get an error) and have to go to the counter and the coupon will be invalid, increasing your rental price by $50 (maybe more depending how taxes were calculated on the original rental).
The fact that your reservation is reduced from $50+ down to less than $3 is going to ring a bell with the auditing software at some point, I would suspect.

If you've been reading any of the recent threads on the Transportation board, you will see this has happened quite recently with a $35 weekly code that was supposed to be for specialty vehicles. Lots of people were able to apply it for just about any kind of vehicle and/or timeframe. Unfortunately Alamo caught on and blacklisted the code in the system causing check-in errors and the coupon being removed.

FYI: the $50 off code (AD4004JDK) was an Alamo Insider code that had an expiry date of 09/26/2011. It has either been recycled by Alamo or it's a glitch in the system. Since someone managed to use it on a one day rental (and it's actually a weekly code for luxury vehicles) I suspect it is the latter and will be cancelled when Alamo realizes what's going on.

Last edited:
7016427 is the "Vegas Brazil" code.

IIRC the Vegas Brazil code was 1st discovered (by a DISboards member in 2015)

who accidentally transposed the numbers for the COSTCO Code (ALAMO)

Last edited:
Thanks for the coupon info! Now Alamo is cheaper than Dollar for my dates (and I prefer Alamo). :)

I too just read a first hand account of someone having to go to the Alamo counter this week because the $35 coupon would not work. She had to pay an additional amount. Ugh.....I love National, but their rates are so high, so Alamo is my second choice. I have a Alamo reservation using the $35 coupon and it won't let me modify to remove it. I have such a low rate that if I rebook, it will go up $100 more. Seems the $35 coupon is/or has expired in March, though it let us use it afterwards before we knew of the expiration. I also read someone who tried to do online checkin and it wouldn't go through either. I'm still 3+ weeks out, so will be watching the rates until the end of the month.

So right now I have two bookings with Alamo, one with the $35 code and one with the $50 code. Wondering which one to keep.. Bit worried about having issues with actually picking up a car when I get there in June.

So right now I have two bookings with Alamo, one with the $35 code and one with the $50 code. Wondering which one to keep.. Bit worried about having issues with actually picking up a car when I get there in June.

if you have a 'weekly' reservation, i.e. 5 days or longer, already in place, either coupon should be accepted. the 'red' expiration notices just recently started to pop up. My guess is people discovered they could use them on one day rental bookings and the volume of new bookings red flagged the coupon code

I wouldn't chance using a coupon that states it's valid on weekly rentals on a shorter reservation. Worst case, would have a back up reservation on hand if challenged.

I'd suggest keeping the realistic one. Zero chance that a coupon which expired in 2011 will be accepted at the counter. It's obvious there was a glitch in Alamo's system and old coupons were activated again somehow.

if you have a 'weekly' reservation, i.e. 5 days or longer, already in place, either coupon should be accepted. the 'red' expiration notices just recently started to pop up. My guess is people discovered they could use them on one day rental bookings and the volume of new bookings red flagged the coupon code

I wouldn't chance using a coupon that states it's valid on weekly rentals on a shorter reservation. Worst case, would have a back up reservation on hand if challenged.

Weekly rentals also must include a Saturday overnight

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter