Any trip reports using Vegas Brazil, Alamo Code?

I'd suggest keeping the realistic one. Zero chance that a coupon which expired in 2011 will be accepted at the counter. It's obvious there was a glitch in Alamo's system and old coupons were activated again somehow.

Weekly rentals also must include a Saturday overnight

not necessarily, i have a rental coming up in MYR that starts on a Sunday for 5 nights that defaulted into the weekly rate. Most of the larger $ value coupons do have the Saturday restriction as far as I can determine.

My brother just used the $50 off code for his reservation at the alamo in Georgia airport and he had no problems at all. He didn't even do online check in. The lady and guy working the counter commented on what a great deal he got but that was as far as it went.

not necessarily, i have a rental coming up in MYR that starts on a Sunday for 5 nights that defaulted into the weekly rate. Most of the larger $ value coupons do have the Saturday restriction as far as I can determine.

Really? The only coupon I think I've used before without a Saturday stay was the specialty vehicles coupons.

My brother just used the $50 off code for his reservation at the alamo in Georgia airport and he had no problems at all. He didn't even do online check in. The lady and guy working the counter commented on what a great deal he got but that was as far as it went.

All car rentals are subject to audit...even after you return the car. I would still be nervous if I was him. There's always a chance the system will realize the error coupon and back charge all rentals who used it.

f1kuc9.jpg

Notice in the total section. They reserve the right to manually go over your rental and correct/charge any error that may have happened.

Didn't know they could audit a res after it was picked up interesting

It took some doing to find a coupon other than an upgrade to apply on the MYR res

Just popping in to say that we had a successful rental using the Vegas Brazil code 4/8 - 4/16 at MCO, did the skip-the-counter thing and it was great. No problems at all.

We had two families use the Vegas Brazil and the $30 discount code last week at MCO with basically no incident. We both did online check-in and went right out to the garage. Our rates for mini-vans were right about $165 for a Sunday-Saturday rental. Our only issue was at the garage when we were checking out. The rates on the slip the guy handed us initially read $202. We questioned it and showed him our reservation sheet that I'd printed off. He added the other driver for free (he did try to charge for that also but since it showed "included" on the reservation, he didn't charge), so that was added without cost. Once he compared our reservation to his system, he updated the slip and it ended up being about $1 less than the reservation cost showed. I'll ask DH if the credit card charge shows anything differently and report back if it does. The other family reported they had no issues at check-out in the line next to us.

Anyone used the $50 off coupon for a 7 day rental for a shorter rental? I added it to our upcoming 5 day rental and it did take it. Dropped the price about $39 from what I can tell so maybe it pro-rated the coupon a bit for a shorter rental? Came out to only $87 for a 5 day rental. Would have been $147 or so.

Well I used the $50 off coupon a few times this past week with no issues at all but now it seems to be expired. The website will still take the coupon but when you go to the exit booth it will get kicked off the reservation. Even if you did the online check-in and printed your paperwork. I had this happen yesterday at MCO & today at another location. The reservation at MCO was only for 1 day but once I saw it was not on the paperwork and I showed the agent it was on my check-in paper she took the $50 off the reservation for me. Now today I had a reservation for 1 week but the agent at this location would not do anything and just said the coupon was expired & that there was nothing she could do. She even showed me in the system that it said expired but she refused to do any kind of discount & wanted to charge me full price. She said the rates can change all the time & even if the confirmation shows one price that could change by pickup time. Needless to say I took my business to another rental company & got a better rate. So be warned if you still do try to use the coupon it will be expired for sure but depending on the agent they might take the $50 off anyways or you might have to pay full price if you don't have a backup plan.

You took your business elsewhere because they would not honor a known expired coupon from 2011??

Really.

If I was the manager I would have said
buhbye.jpg

The first agent did you a courtesy for a expired coupon not even applicable for a one day rental; but that's the problem when you do some people favors. They expect it as a given all the time.

You took your business elsewhere because they would not honor a known expired coupon from 2011??

Really.

If I was the manager I would have said
buhbye.jpg

The first agent did you a courtesy for a expired coupon not even applicable for a one day rental; but that's the problem when you do some people favors. They expect it as a given all the time.

I did not just take my business else where because of the coupon. The thing was ever since I got up to the desk even before the agent saw the coupon she had an attitude. First she wanted to charge extra for an additional driver which was clearly included on my reservation. Then she wanted to give me a dodge dart which is a compact car for a mid size reservation & when I asked if they could do something like a Chrysler 200 she said that would be a daily up charge. I told her the rate from the other company and she would not even work with me to match it or offer any kind of discount. The other company was $30 cheaper & because of my status I got a midsize suv instead of a midsize car. Usually Alamo agents are very nice & friendly but she was not right from the start.

I did not just take my business else where because of the coupon. The thing was ever since I got up to the desk even before the agent saw the coupon she had an attitude. First she wanted to charge extra for an additional driver which was clearly included on my reservation. Then she wanted to give me a dodge dart which is a compact car for a mid size reservation & when I asked if they could do something like a Chrysler 200 she said that would be a daily up charge. I told her the rate from the other company and she would not even work with me to match it or offer any kind of discount. The other company was $30 cheaper & because of my status I got a midsize suv instead of a midsize car. Usually Alamo agents are very nice & friendly but she was not right from the start.

A Chrysler 200 is either a standard or full size car, so a up charge from a midsize is technically correct. If I see someone has a attitude from the get go, I would have just canceled my reservation and go elsewhere; coupon or no coupon. I'm curious what other company you went to, seeing as only four recognize status. The next thing is why use the counter. Kiosks and/or online check-in negates any of that.

A Chrysler 200 is either a standard or full size car, so a up charge from a midsize is technically correct. If I see someone has a attitude from the get go, I would have just canceled my reservation and go elsewhere; coupon or no coupon. I'm curious what other company you went to, seeing as only four recognize status. The next thing is why use the counter. Kiosks and/or online check-in negates any of that.

I went to avis. I used there florida drive out with the costco discount & $30 off coupon so I got the rate for $50 total including taxes vs the $80 total with Alamo. I did do the first part of online check-in but it was a small airport location & they did not allow the credit card part online and did not have a kiosk so I had to see an agent.

I went to avis. I used there florida drive out with the costco discount & $30 off coupon so I got the rate for $50 total including taxes vs the $80 total with Alamo. I did do the first part of online check-in but it was a small airport location & they did not allow the credit card part online and did not have a kiosk so I had to see an agent.
Which airport were you at? I'll be flying into Sanford and wonder if I'll have to stop at the counter. Thanks

Which airport were you at? I'll be flying into Sanford and wonder if I'll have to stop at the counter. Thanks
If you are using Alamo at SFB, you can use the online check-in or the kiosk to bypass the counter and go straight out to the rental car lot (just like at MCO)

It was at the Sarasota airport. They did not have a kiosk. But even if you do the online check-in or the kiosk once you see the agent at the exit gate & they attach the car to the reservation the coupon will get kicked off the reservation automatically.

Didn't read all the replies yet, but I used it in the 15th with no trouble at all. We also had a coupon. I did online check in and went right to the car. It could not have been easier.

A friend of mine used it on a last minute trip to Orlando on the 21st with no problems at all.

Did he just apply it to the reservation? or did he pickup the car & check the paperwork to still see the coupon applied? The website still will take the coupon but when the gate agent hands the final paperwork to you the coupon is removed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter