Any trip reports using Vegas Brazil, Alamo Code?

He did online check in and the coupon was there on the paper he printed and he said the amount was the same amount on the paper work. I had already gave him a heads up about the coupon possibly not working so he had a back up reservation but he didn't need to use it. I'm fully prepared to not have it work for me when I go in May....it's just how my luck goes. lol

You took your business elsewhere because they would not honor a known expired coupon from 2011??

Really.

If I was the manager I would have said
buhbye.jpg

The first agent did you a courtesy for a expired coupon not even applicable for a one day rental; but that's the problem when you do some people favors. They expect it as a given all the time.

That's flat out BULLCRAP!!! How, unless one reads boards like this, are you supposed to know a coupon is expired that the rental cars own website accepts when making a reservation? The coupon is still being accepted at Alamo's site as I write this so why wouldn't it have been changed yet to not accept the code? If you walk into Target and a $100 item was wrongly marked as $10 they give it to you for the $10. Alamo should honor the code, because it's their mistake that's allowing renters to use it on their site.

We have a reservation for August using the coupon that I booked well before it was found here to be an expired coupon. We will attempt to use it and if they don't accept we will gladly head over to the Magical Express and enjoy our vacation.

That's flat out BULLCRAP!!! How, unless one reads boards like this, are you supposed to know a coupon is expired that the rental cars own website accepts when making a reservation? The coupon is still being accepted at Alamo's site as I write this so why wouldn't it have been changed yet to not accept the code? If you walk into Target and a $100 item was wrongly marked as $10 they give it to you for the $10. Alamo should honor the code, because it's their mistake that's allowing renters to use it on their site.

We have a reservation for August using the coupon that I booked well before it was found here to be an expired coupon. We will attempt to use it and if they don't accept we will gladly head over to the Magical Express and enjoy our vacation.

How you ask? Simple. Reading comprehension. Just how you read the threads to pick up the coupon, you should continue to read the threads to find out it was a old expired coupon from 2011, that should not be working especially for rentals of just one day. It was posted the same day. Let's go back 15 years and find me any other MONEY OFF coupon with such a high value for any rental of short durations. That's where moral ethics and common sense kicks in. Great if you can get away with it, but don't expect it as a given. Alamo owe's you nothing (nor does any other company if it happens). Bad IT is not a valid complaint for D.O.T to do anything, nor enforceable.

Anyone who rent's cars with frequency knows Alamo website is glitchy on it's best day. Thus I would NOT expect a retired coupon that dates to 2011 and suddenly became active again after website maintenance, to work or stay on a reservation. My guess is they aren't even aware the coupon is active again yet, but the system is properly kicking it off at the departure booth. With that said, everyone on this board should know there is no coupon EVER that works for $50 off one day rentals. Can't be inhaling the pixie dust that much. You follow and monitor these threads and it's never happened so a obvious glitch.

Walking into Target is apples and oranges. Target prices their items themselves. Manually. Of course if the sign says one price they are required to honor it. Not true in cyberspace. Two examples. When Walmart accidentally filed something as 99 cents instead of 99 dollars online about a year and a half ago, they promptly issued a apology and canceled every single order and refunded everyone. When United filed a mistake first class fare in Swedish currency that made first class tickets to the US only hundreds of dollars a year ago, they canceled all the mistake tickets and apologized. The Department of Transportation sided with United and said they did not have to honor an obvious mistake. IT mistakes/glitches does not require the company to honor anything.

Enjoy your trip and the Magical Express.

I booked a couple of weeks ago for a rental that started yesterday and will go for five days. At MCO. I used my Costco contract ID, the $50 off coupon and the Vegas Brazil AS1. My paperwork said additional driver was free.

I did online check, bypassed counter, picked up the car, got to the exit gate lady and...... She said it looked like they were charging for additional driver but she would waive it. And off we went.

How you ask? Simple. Reading comprehension. Just how you read the threads to pick up the coupon, you should continue to read the threads to find out it was a old expired coupon from 2011, that should not be working especially for rentals of just one day. It was posted the same day. Let's go back 15 years and find me any other MONEY OFF coupon with such a high value for any rental of short durations. That's where moral ethics and common sense kicks in. Great if you can get away with it, but don't expect it as a given. Alamo owe's you nothing (nor does any other company if it happens). Bad IT is not a valid complaint for D.O.T to do anything, nor enforceable.

Anyone who rent's cars with frequency knows Alamo website is glitchy on it's best day. Thus I would NOT expect a retired coupon that dates to 2011 and suddenly became active again after website maintenance, to work or stay on a reservation. My guess is they aren't even aware the coupon is active again yet, but the system is properly kicking it off at the departure booth. With that said, everyone on this board should know there is no coupon EVER that works for $50 off one day rentals. Can't be inhaling the pixie dust that much. You follow and monitor these threads and it's never happened so a obvious glitch.

Walking into Target is apples and oranges. Target prices their items themselves. Manually. Of course if the sign says one price they are required to honor it. Not true in cyberspace. Two examples. When Walmart accidentally filed something as 99 cents instead of 99 dollars online about a year and a half ago, they promptly issued a apology and canceled every single order and refunded everyone. When United filed a mistake first class fare in Swedish currency that made first class tickets to the US only hundreds of dollars a year ago, they canceled all the mistake tickets and apologized. The Department of Transportation sided with United and said they did not have to honor an obvious mistake. IT mistakes/glitches does not require the company to honor anything.

Enjoy your trip and the Magical Express.

Nice try. I guarantee you I'll be in my rental from Alamo. Good night.

Nice try. I guarantee you I'll be in my rental from Alamo. Good night.

Nice try with what? Fact's?

Not much people can take those apparently. Of course you will be in your rental; at the right price without a invalid coupon. :duck:

Nice try with what? Fact's?

Not much people can take those apparently. Of course you will be in your rental; at the right price without a invalid coupon. :duck:

The latest reports are that Alamo is honoring the price for most people. You have to show them the price on your confirmation. I didn't use this particular coupon, but did use my WH Club number as well as another coupon, and I did online check-in. The print out has the price, and a total savings line - but not what specific combination of things contributed to that rate. I've had mistakes when picking up at Alamo as well, even with valid coupons. It happens. All I've ever had to do was show the price on my confirmation and they have always honored what is on the print-out. I have rented from Alamo dozens of times within the last two years. Here's an example of a Skip The Line confirmation from a trip earlier this year:

CaptureCar.JPG

So bottom line: take a physical copy of your confirmation. When you check-out on the final day, make sure the amount matches, assuming you did not keep the rental longer than you should have.

I just arrived yesterday afternoon and the $50 coupon did not come up when she processed me at the counter.I had to use the counter because I had to use a debit card ( another story). She had to go to a manager and in the end honored my confirmation printout price.She said there was a glitch in the system.I also used Vegas Brazil code.

The latest reports are that Alamo is honoring the price for most people. You have to show them the price on your confirmation. I didn't use this particular coupon, but did use my WH Club number as well as another coupon, and I did online check-in. The print out has the price, and a total savings line - but not what specific combination of things contributed to that rate. I've had mistakes when picking up at Alamo as well, even with valid coupons. It happens. All I've ever had to do was show the price on my confirmation and they have always honored what is on the print-out. .

That's great but the key word is they "honored". By all means good customer service but they don't have to, like the other poster was insisting they must. Depends on the agent on. It appears the coupon is being rejected internally and the Alamo agent's are just manually overriding the price. I can only imagine how this would go down at Hertz.

I just arrived yesterday afternoon and the $50 coupon did not come up when she processed me at the counter.I had to use the counter because I had to use a debit card ( another story). She had to go to a manager and in the end honored my confirmation printout price.She said there was a glitch in the system.I also used Vegas Brazil code.

:thumbsup2

That's great but the key word is they "honored". By all means good customer service but they don't have to, like the other poster was insisting they must. Depends on the agent on. It appears the coupon is being rejected internally and the Alamo agent's are just manually overriding the price. I can only imagine how this would go down at Hertz.

:thumbsup2

All rental places have issues. Bottom line is bring your confirmed price and check it when you leave to be sure you pay the same price you booked.

We had the same problem. We bypassed the counter and when we drove thru to sign papers I said to my dh check the rate.

The guy said that we added an additional driver and it was $11/day (or whatever it was) so our 10 day min an rental at RSW went from $240 to $360. My dh pulled out the printed confirmation that showed the addition driver was free and the guy reprinted the form. When we returned it on Monday the girl verified that we paid $240 and we said yes.

We had the same problem. We bypassed the counter and when we drove thru to sign papers I said to my dh check the rate.

The guy said that we added an additional driver and it was $11/day (or whatever it was) so our 10 day min an rental at RSW went from $240 to $360. My dh pulled out the printed confirmation that showed the addition driver was free and the guy reprinted the form. When we returned it on Monday the girl verified that we paid $240 and we said yes.

So I don't know what to do. I have 4 reservations with Alamo for in July. Couple using the Vegas Brazil Code, one using Costco but $50 off (we are going for over 10 days)...then for full size and mini vans. I was just going to cancel some today and commit. None of my reservations will appear. They all say "could not validate coupon".
I don't want 4 reservations lingering, my intent was not to mess up Alamo's system. But I can't even get in to cancel.
Then I need one of these reservations.
Should I call, or just show up with my paperwork in hand and hope for the best?

I rented from the CCC in March using the Vegas Brazil code and the $30 Visa coupon. The kiosk wasn't working so I had to go to the counter. When the agent gave me the documents to sign she pointed out the price which was about $45 higher than my confirmation. I pointed it out and she tried to check in the system but it kept kicking her back to a previous page. Eventually she got in and then says to me that my coupon was expired. Which I knew for a 100% fact that it was not as I had a copy with the details. I also showed her my printed confirmation. She said there was nothing she could do so I suggested she speak with a manager. The manger said I was right and they corrected the total to match my confirmation. The agent then went on with the "we did you a favour" attitude.

So I don't know what to do. I have 4 reservations with Alamo for in July. Couple using the Vegas Brazil Code, one using Costco but $50 off (we are going for over 10 days)...then for full size and mini vans. I was just going to cancel some today and commit. None of my reservations will appear. They all say "could not validate coupon".
I don't want 4 reservations lingering, my intent was not to mess up Alamo's system. But I can't even get in to cancel.
Then I need one of these reservations.
Should I call, or just show up with my paperwork in hand and hope for the best?
You're going to have to call in to get the reservations cancelled.
While you are talking to them, get them to have a look at the reservation that you want to keep.
If they won't allow you to keep the expired $50 off coupon, ask them if they can sub in a different one (like the $25 off code - AD3868JST)

****NOTE: You may be able to go to the counter at the airport and persuade them to allow the expired $50 off coupon (as some others have done), but one of the main reasons that we pick Alamo is because we can check-in online and by-pass the counter altogether.
Being able to bypass the counter would be worth the $25 extra (changing the $50 coupon for the $25 coupon) IMHO

Last edited:
Thank you for the $25 off code. I booked a new reservation with that. Still using the AS1 code. Hopefully there will be no issues. A little pricier but not worth the stress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter