Any tricky CP interview questions?

OXX

Earning My Ears
Tried searching but didn't turn up much.

Anyways, just wondering if there are any specific/tricky questions that CP interviewers usually ask? Haven't exactly been through many job interviews at all, but I understand most of the standard questions. Any Disney/CP specific to be prepared for? LMK. Thanks.

OXX

i have read here that they ask you a space moutain question and if i am correct it goes something like this, "if a guest wants to go on space moutain but he is too short what do you do?" i don't know the answer because i did not get asked this

I never got that one but I would apologize, explain why it was unsafe and make some height-appropriate suggestions.

the specific CP questions relate to the role you decide to choose. so once you pick your first choice role, think about some probs that could arise and think about how you would deal with it.

I've put character attendant - what kind of probs could arise there?! like having to close lines n stuff? and questions about why mickey etc dont talk??
xxx

I've put character attendant - what kind of probs could arise there?! like having to close lines n stuff? and questions about why mickey etc dont talk??
xxx

Yes, for both of those. And trust me, they do happen. I had those quite a lot.

any others you can suggest joanna?

argh! my interview is in 2 days! xx

Hmmm, let me see. When I interviewed, I actually interviewed for performer (since that was first choice). But if I had to guess, I would think:
*closing the line
*helping a guest find a specific character
*explaining why certain characters don't talk
*what would you do if a guest was being inappropriate towards a character?

If I can think of anymore I will post them. Good luck with your interview.

If they do ask you a question like that (the Space Mountain question), they would be looking more for attitude than a "correct" answer. You would be trained in how to deal with typical situations like that.

Part of your answer might be that you would EXPECT such training, and would not expect to be assigned to operate a ride without proper training. Your main answer might be that the rules are for the safety of guests and must be followed, but you would be as nice about it as possible.

As most everyone has said they are not looking for the correct type of answer just how would you handle certain situations. During my first interview for my first program they asked me questions such as what was my favorite ride, my favorite character and how was I like my favorite character, and a bunch of general "what would you do" questions. I personally found interviewing for my second program the hardest because all of the questions were geared more towards how did you handle this type of situation in your former work location and what did you want to get out of doing a second program.

Just thought I would bump this up again for Fall 08 CPs!

What kind of questions should you expect for Character Performer or Hospitality? (My top two)

Just thought I would bump this up again for Fall 08 CPs!

What kind of questions should you expect for Character Performer or Hospitality? (My top two)

When I auditioned, I had one question pertaining to performer. It was "if you were friends with Pooh, and there was a kid in line who had been waiting for a long time and was getting impatient, what would you do?".

If your main role choice is hospitality, you can expect quite a few questions regarding Guest Service...things like, "What would you do if a guest requested a room in this building, with these amenities, and it was absolutely not available..." etc. Also, if you are planning on doing an Advantage season, be prepared for them to ask you if you would be willing to be a resort hopper, where you would do half of your program in the front office, and half of it in housekeeping...that's just something else to think about:goodvibes

Yeah, I did merch my first program, and got, "What would you do if a guest wanted a specific item that you did not carry anywhere in your park?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!