Any recent experiences activating Canadian Tickets at hotel instead of guest services at the Parks or Disney Springs?

ILovePixieDust

DIS Veteran
Wondering if anyone has had recent experience being able to activate Canadian tickets at the hotel and not have to do it at Guest Services at the parks or Disney Springs? I seem to remember reading some reports for Feb 2018 of people being able to do this when they booked a package vacation with Disney and wondering if this holds true still?

Last edited:
We weren’t able to do so last August. We were told GS was the only place that could verify the IDs.

I believe only tickets bought through the Canadian voucher system need to be activated. If you buy a Canadian only package, like the recent 4-nights/25% off, the residency verification is made through the booking process and the park tickets do not need to be ‘activated’.

We weren’t able to do so last August. We were told GS was the only place that could verify the IDs.

I believe only tickets bought through the Canadian voucher system need to be activated. If you buy a Canadian only package, like the recent 4-nights/25% off, the residency verification is made through the booking process and the park tickets do not need to be ‘activated’.
Not clear on the difference when you say you had to go to guest services to activate when bought as a package VS a package 25% off?

Not clear on the difference when you say you had to go to guest services to activate when bought as a package VS a package 25% off?
I believe only tickets bought on their own need to be activated at GS. That’s what we had. We had booked the room separately.

If you buy a Canadian resident package that includes both ticket and room, the park tickets do not need to be activated at GS (is my understanding).

I believe only tickets bought on their own need to be activated at GS. That’s what we had. We had booked the room separately.

If you buy a Canadian resident package that includes both ticket and room, the park tickets do not need to be activated at GS (is my understanding).

We did a package with the discounted Canadian resident tickets in 2017 and 2019. Both times, we've had to activate the tickets at GS.

Following. I had never heard before that tickets with a package didn't require activation. They are still the Canadian discount tickets?

We will be there in 13 days (!!) And I will be testing the theory at Pop. But I am fully expecting a no.

I wish that one person could activate for all members of the party. That would make my life so much easier.

Following. I had never heard before that tickets with a package didn't require activation. They are still the Canadian discount tickets?

We will be there in 13 days (!!) And I will be testing the theory at Pop. But I am fully expecting a no.

I wish that one person could activate for all members of the party. That would make my life so much easier.
Please report back. We have the Canadian tickets as part of a package and staying at Pop too.

SO exciting! Your trip is very soon. Have a wonderful time!

I purchased several sets of the non-expiring Canadian discounts tickets a few years ago (still have one set left). We have always had to go to guest services to activate them.

We've never tried with licences (kids wouldn't have them anyway), always used passports.

That’s what I was expecting, thanks
I just hate carrying passports so much (we have been stolen our passports once while traveling in the US and it was a nightmare, so I always like to leave them in the safe just in case!)

Hi ! I'm looking to go September 5-14 2020, but when I look up on the website, I only have the package option with the Non-Canadian price. I haven't seen anywhere where I could change it to the Canadian ticket.

That's why I was thinking to have a package instead of risking losing a couple hundreds if anything happens between now and September !

I will definitely try to check the Canadian ticket at first and then look at room availability, on the Canadian site, to see if it pops up !

Thank you all for your help !
We used Canadian tickets last April and had to display our Passports at Guest Services. We were not able to verify the tickets at Pop.

Guest Services needs to confirm the photo ID matches the person thus each person needs to be there.

Please report back when you return and let us know how it goes!

Thanks! I’m hoping this is the case!!

We used Canadian tickets last April and had to display our Passports at Guest Services. We were not able to verify the tickets at Pop.
Guest Services needs to confirm the photo ID matches the person thus each person needs to be there.
Were your tickets part of a package or did you book room and tickets separately?
I saw a thread from 2018 with a post from a person that didn’t have to activate at guest services when the Canadian tickets were part of a package and I’m hoping that is still the case!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/redeeming-activating-canadian-passes-tickets.3660876/
I’ve read past posts with varying reports and trying to find out most current practice.

Previous threads people were able to verify for their entire party without others there too so it does all seem to be all over the place with people’s experiences. Sigh.

We stayed at the Beach Club in March of last year (2019) and had the Canadian resident tickets as part of a package (I was traveling with my DH and DD17). When we went to the front desk to pick up our magic bands, we were able to show our passports and have our magic bands activated right there. We were heading straight to Epcot and I brought my passports along just in case (I never fully trust Disney's tech!) but we sailed right through the touch points with no need to go to a guest services window. We're heading back this March and have our fingers crossed that it's still this easy :)

We stayed at the Beach Club in March of last year (2019) and had the Canadian resident tickets as part of a package (I was traveling with my DH and DD17). When we went to the front desk to pick up our magic bands, we were able to show our passports and have our magic bands activated right there. We were heading straight to Epcot and I brought my passports along just in case (I never fully trust Disney's tech!) but we sailed right through the touch points with no need to go to a guest services window. We're heading back this March and have our fingers crossed that it's still this easy :)

That is so great to hear!!! :dogdance:

I'm crossing my fingers for you too for this coming March! Please let us know how it goes when you get back!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!