Any pins of these characters ever made?

Mtdewbuzz

Mouseketeer
OK, I'm new to collecting pins (I say collecting because I only buy 'em right now, not trade). I made a list of some of my favorite Disney characters throughout the years that I'd like to get. After looking on eBay, there were a few I didn't see listed, so I was just wondering if any of these had ever been made:

Ferdinand the Bull
Lambert the Sheepish Lion
Launchpad McQuack (Ducktales/Darkwing Duck)
Brer Bear (Song of the South)
Rolly (101 Dalmatians)
Gurgi (Black Cauldron)
Zeus (Hercules)
Genie in his tourist/Disney gear (Aladdin)

Any help I can get would be appreciated. Thanks!!

First of all, welcome to our insane world.
Your best bet is to go to pinpics.com. It is a database compiled by us collectors of Disney pins. You can do a search by any word and get all the pins associated with it. So for example if you type in Gurgi, you will see all the pins of Gurgi (I think there are only two)
Ferdinand I know was on last March's POM. Darkwing Duck was one of the pins put out by TDS in their 100 years of Dreams set.
There was a Song of the South Anniversary pin as well as a few Splash Mountain pins with Bre'r Bear. Happy collecting and have fun.

Thanks for that web-site. It was very helpful. I've so far found only two of my favorite characters that have never been made in any shape or form: Kronk & Zeus. So now who do I complain to? :jester:

I only wished the site would give more info as to what the pins were made of. I'm trying to stay away from the plastic ones. I just don't think they're of equal quality to the metal/enamel ones. Do other pin collectors/traders feel the same way in general?

Also, when collecting, is it wise to keep them on the pin backs, or put them on a lanyard, or in a book, or what?

to the world of fellow enthusiasts. Yes we do feel the same way in general. We all tty to be as informative about a pin as possible. If you check the site you will notice we try our best to make a notation that it is rubber if it is. Otherwise you should feel confident that you are looking at an enamel pin. The following link shows you how collectors identify a rubber pin,
http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=2987&sid=4691.1029887475.v2
Hope this helps and stick around and read you'll be amazed at how we all still act as if we are at Disney ... children at heart !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest