• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any parkhopping G+-ers on site today?

2vets

Addicted since 1971
Some outlets are reporting that afternoon/evening “stacking” wasn’t permitted yesterday before 2 pm for a park being hopped to. Is anyone there who can confirm what’s what today? Many thanks!

There's was a bunch of people posting on twitter yesterday with screenshots that they were not able to book
lightning lane to another park until after 2. Since this just started yesterday you'll have to wait and see reports from today which I'm sure will be shortly.

There's was a bunch of people posting on twitter yesterday with screenshots that they were not able to book
lightning lane to another park until after 2. Since this just started yesterday you'll have to wait and see reports from today which I'm sure will be shortly.
Yep, just wanted to get this question front and center. If it’s real, it’s a pretty big change (though it may not be seen as a negative change for those who don’t parkhop - we do, so I’d not be delighted).

Yep, just wanted to get this question front and center. If it’s real, it’s a pretty big change (though it may not be seen as a negative change for those who don’t parkhop - we do, so I’d not be delighted).
I'm definitely curious to see how this impacts return times overall. Maybe it's possible this change was made so that people who are planning to stay in one park all day don't get shut out of afternoon return times because too many park hoppers took them in the morning. It might be about leveling the playing field between park hoppers and non-park hoppers.

I'm particularly curious to see if this helps EPCOT. The 3 headliners could definitely benefit from having times available later into the day. Right now, they tend to run out completely before noon.

If this is a change it would definitely devalue the park hopping benefit.

Hold up. I would love some clarification...

Based on the blog report, I interpreted it like you can still book LL's for the park you are hopping to, but only if the ride you select is posting a return time of 2pm or later, as it won't automatically do this for you if the return time is currently set for earlier. Correct?

It sounds like some people are suggesting that you cannot select a LL for the park you are hopping to UNTIL 2pm. That doesn't seem right based on the report I read.

Which one is it?

Based on the blog report, I interpreted it like you can still book LL's for the park you are hopping to, but only if the ride you select is posting a return time of 2pm or later, as it won't automatically do this for you if the return time is currently set for earlier. Correct?

It sounds like some people are suggesting that you cannot select a LL for the park you are hopping to UNTIL 2pm. That doesn't seem right based on the report I read.

Which one is it?
It sounded like the latter from reports I’ve read, but this is why I was looking for live reports.

Which one is it?

It seems you can select it whenever as long as the return time is 2pm or later. So this is less of a change for HS where the return times get past 2pm very quickly in the morning.

What I haven't read yet is whether the full time has to be past 2pm (in other words, can you book a 1:30-2:30 as a park hopper?) I'm thinking no.

It seems you can select it whenever as long as the return time is 2pm or later. So this is less of a change for HS where the return times get past 2pm very quickly in the morning.

What I haven't read yet is whether the full time has to be past 2pm (in other words, can you book a 1:30-2:30 as a park hopper?) I'm thinking no.
Based on the blog's screenshots, it looks like the return window must be fully past 2pm.

As you said, for a park like HS this will have little impact on the stacking method since things get pushed out so far so fast. For the other parks, I tend to do a mix of immediate return and evening stacking since, so again I don't see this as a hinderance for my own personal touring and stacking style, although others may feel differently.

If I'm really wanting to stack in the afternoon/evening and the return times aren't pushed out late enough right at 7am, I still have until park open to book my first LL, which means there will likely be some attractions you wanted pushed out to the time I prefer by, for example, 9am when a park opens so I could just book it then. That won't affect the 120-minute rule start time in the slightest.

Sounds like a minor adjustment that has an easy workaround...we shall see though.

Last edited:
If I'm really wanting to stack in the afternoon/evening and the return times are pushed out right at 7am, I still have until park open to book my first LL, which means there might be some attractions you wanted pushed out by that time. Won't affect the 120-minute rule start time in the slightest.

Very true. This might actually help lessen the feeling that you have to be up right at 7am to make your first pick. If you're park hopping, as long as you make any pick with a time past 2pm before park opens, you're in the exact same position as you would have been otherwise. And it's more likely you'll have to wait until closer to park opening to get that 2pm time (HS being the exception). So sleeping in = not at a disadvantage at all. Could be a win (hopefully).

I follow a blogger and she was able to book SDD for park two for a 3:20 pm time slot. She did VQ for GoTG and then did SDD.

I agree with PP this won’t matter much for DHS stacking. For Epcot and AK it’ll push you out further to start stacking. For MK, if you start with JC and/or PP I don’t think it’ll matter too much either.

I follow a blogger and she was able to book SDD for park two for a 3:20 pm time slot. She did VQ for GoTG and then did SDD.

I agree with PP this won’t matter much for DHS stacking. For Epcot and AK it’ll push you out further to start stacking. For MK, if you start with JC and/or PP I don’t think it’ll matter too much either.
Whew. Ok, this is no huge deal to me. Thanks for the update!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter