• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any other Curves for women members here?

Thanks Mrs. Potato Head and LunarLady. I did "find" my pulse this morning (LOL) and it was higher than the yellow, but not at the gray level. I think I probably overdid it for the first few workouts - today was my 5th time. Today I made it through two entire cycles before I started counting the stations to see how many were left. :D

I am amazed at how much better I am feeling even though it has only been a week.

Thanks again for everyone's encouragement and information.

LL what a scare! Thanks for the tip on the recovery boards. After teaching DanceFIT for 10 years, I know how to keep my pulse rate in check, esp for an old babe like me!! ;) LOL

Mrs Potato Head, I asked about the book and we don't have extra copies yet (new location) but they were going to ask the boss because the lady who left before me asked for the same thing! :)

You ladies really do inspire me, I am on my way this morning for my 3rd workout of the week (and 4th if you count the walk) :)

Thank you to you all!
Cathy

Cathy, if they can't get the book, let me know and if you want I will be more that happy to send you one. We can buy them for $5.00, and I am fairly sure they have quite a few. Our Curves is new too (opened in November), and I got mine when I signed up.

Don't you all feel good! I have been 3X this week and feel great. Since I started the diet on Monday, I have lost 3.5 lbs. The first two days were pure you know what, but it is getting easier! What I don't understand is how I could eat so much (all protein) and still be losing! Trust me, I am by no means hungry! I certainly am not overdoing it, but sometimes I think I am eating more of what I normally would. I also can not eat lowfat or fat free anything, only real mayo, salad dressing, etc.!!! It tastes so good! This really goes against my way of thinking, but it does work! The weekend is going to be hard, but I will get through it.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!!!:)

Mrs. Potato Head you are so sweet, congrats on your loss!! Keep up the good work!

I went today so that made for 3 times this week and one walk, I am happy with that! now if I can only keep it up! :)
Enjoy the weekend all!
CC

Thanks for the inspiration, guys. Since the incident on Wednesday I've been too embarassed to go back, but I think I will go this afternoon to complete my three workouts this week. I just hated the idea that people would be "keeping and eye" on me while working out. Guess I'll just have to get over it because I love the results too much!

LL the weirdest thing happened. When I was on the Ab/Back machine (for the 3rd time), I was really pushing it and I also started feeling light-headed. I thought of you and slowed right down. I forgot to mention it to the owner but will on Monday. I think when I came back up I did it too fast, maybe that is it?

Anyway, don't be embarassed, you are doing this for YOU, not anyone else and I am sure you will be extra careful now!

Keep up the good work ladies!! :D
CC

Okay ladies, I have just completed week one of the 6 week challange, and was weighed today. I LOST 5 LBS.!!! I am so excited! The diet is still hard, but not quite as now that I know how well it works. One more week on Phase I (since I need to loose more than 20 lbs.), then I will move on to phase II and will be able to add a few carbs. I went 3x last week, and workout hard each time. I feel good! Okay, enough of me!!!

How is everyone else doing? LL don't worry about what anyone else thinks! Do what is good for you. You are doing so well!!!

Took the day off. Just wanted to let you know Mrs PotatoHead, I got the last Permanent Results.... book that we had. Looking forward to reading it now! :)
CC

Just wanted to let you guys know that I got measured today. Now keep in mind that I have not measured since November. Anyway, I lost 1 lb. and 5". That makes a total of (again) 1 lb. and 7.75"!!

Now that they holidays and my DH's birthday are behind me, maybe I can work more on the weight. I want to look good in a swimsuit when we go to WDW in July! And please, no candy for Valentine's Day!

How often do you get measured? I joined 1/18/02 and haven't been measured since then. Can you tell that I am anxious for results? :D

Today was my 9th visit. Even if I don't lose weight or inches (and I think/hope that I will), I am feeling so much better that it is definitely worth it just for that.

PS. I'm doing much better at finding my heart rate and much better at keeping it in the yellow. Could that be because the program is working and I getting more fit? :D :D :D

And the results are in......I lost 1/2 inch in my arm, chest(why does that not surprise me! Lol) waist, thigh and hips. Nothing in my stomach yet! I have lost 2.4 lbs. I counted and went to Curves 17 times in January. I think that is pretty good! Hope to start losing more weight as I am going to keep better track of my WW points!

Keep up the good work gals!!!! CarolMN, you get measured once a month on the anniversay date of when you joined. So you should measure on FEb18 or somewhere close. I was actually, a week off, because I should have been measured on Jan 27.

Congratulations, Pooh93! And thanks for the info on measuring. I'm going to ask if they'll measure me a few days earlier than my anniversary date. We're leaving for VB & WDW on 2/14 (YEA!) and I'd like to know how I'm doing. Guess I'll know next week when I try on my WDW clothes. They really should fit better now, right? :D

Today was the first Saturday that I've gone. The Shoreview Curves is open 8 - 11 and I got there at 1 minute after 8. It was already almost full! By 10 minutes after 8, all the spots were taken, and four or five people were waiting. Next week, I think I will plan to either get there a few minutes BEFORE opening or plan to come about 8:35 or so.

I think I am a little spoiled. During the week, I've been going between 6 and 6:30 in the morning and at that time it is only about half full. I like Curves best when it is about half full.

Anyone else have a favorite time to go? Do you like to chat while you work out or do you prefer to concentrate on the workout?

I have to go in the evening as I work during the day, but if I had a choice, I'd be there as early in the day as possible. I got there at 8:35 this morning and the place was packed too! I like it when it's more crowded as I like to talk so the time goes by faster! I also like the music really upbeat, that seems to get me motivated too!

Think of all the great exercise you will get walking around WDW CarolMN!

Great job, Ladies!

I had an interesting day at Curves yesterday. I had just been around one time, and the power went off! There were about 10 women there, and nobody wanted to stop! The women working watched her watch and every 30 seconds told us to switch stations! The was no music and only the sunlight. It was so hard to do without the music, but we all finished!

This morning is the first day of my third week. Don't think I have lost any weight yet, but just feeling better makes it worthwhile. Have gotten into a routine of ging to Curves right when it opens and then driving to the Mall for a 3 mile walk. I walk three times around the top level and then three times around the lower level. Hardest part is walking by the Cinnabon shop. It always smells sooooo good. This morning, I saw a HUGE glob of butter ( at least a pound, I think) on top of the dough waiting for the lady to spread on top. It apparently goes on before the cinnamon/sugar mix. Anyway, looking at all that butter kind of made me shudder and I lost my desire to actually eat one. :D They still smell good, though!

Mrs. Potato Head - isn't it time to begin phase II? How did week two of Phase I go? I'm following your progress. Thinking I might try this diet after I return from WDW. Thanks for sharing with us.

Keep up the good work, everyone!

Carol, yes, I began phase II today. I got weighed today and lost 4.5 lbs. last week. That is a total of 9.5 lbs. in two weeks! I am thrilled! I know the weight loss will slow down now, but that is okay. Today I ate a piece of rye toast in the a.m. and I just had some melba toast with cream cheese. It was soooo good! I can have up to 60 grams of carbs. a day now. Week two of phase I went well. It really is true, that once the sugars and carbs. are out of your system you don't crave them anymore. There was one day that I did eat 1/2 of a honeydew! It was so good, I couldn't stop. Apparently it did not matter, though. Other than that, I did not cheat at all! Thanks for asking!!! When are you leaving for your trip?

We leave on Valentine's Day for VB. Can't wait for it to get here. Sure hope the weather cooperates. Going to WDW on 2/18 and then home again :( on 2/23. Traveling with my brother's family. Their kids have President's week off from school.

Thanks for the update on the Curves diet. Congratulations on your progress so far. 9.5 in two weeks is just awesome! Hope it continue to go well.

Gotta go finish cleaning the kitchen. I think the floor has long dried (my excuse for taking a DIS break). :D

Great work, Mrs Potato Head and Carol, you ARE inspiring! :)
I went this morning and get measured and weighed tomorrow, wish me luck!

Ladies I am going to move us to the new WISH sub-board and provide the link when I move it!
See you there!
CC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter