Any other Curves for women members here?

cherylp3

Florida Resident
I joined curves for women 2 months ago. I love it. Anyone else a curves member?

Cheryl

Its a 30 minute work out - there are alternating machines and "recovery" boards which you march on. You change stations ( I think its every 38 seconds ) and go around 3 times.

Their website is www.curvesforwomen.com

Cheryl

I joined this summer while I was at home. We don't have one nearby while I'm at school. I absolutely LOVED it. I found that I lost markedly more weight when I went to Curves and also walked for a half hour at night. Something about that combination just worked like magic for me. Good luck Cheryl!

I have seen then in a local strip mall but it seems so small. I didnt think about them again until now.

So, its a 30 minute workout on a series of machines? Do you go through once or 3 times? Am I confused. Sounds like something I should look into.

They are opening one right by my house (I can walk there in about 2 minutes). They open on Monday. It looks very interesting. I am trying to get membership information. I really will consider joining! I have a Golds Gym membership, but this looks so much more personal. Does anyone know about what membership costs, how often you can go, etc.?

I called about info. for the Curves in my area.
Its $75 (one time fee) and then $30 a month.
I got the impression thats good for up to 5 - 30 minute workouts a week.

I will be getting more information this afternoon.

Thanks Danicaw!
That sound quite reasonable. I have a call in to them, I wish they would call me back soon. I think they must be quite busy getting ready for their opening on Monday.

The curves by me is open Mon-Sat I can go once a day for a 30 minute workout , it is recommended that you go at least 3 times a week.

The workout is 30 minutes long, you go though a circle or loop of machines and recovery boards 3 times. You start slow and cool off slow and finish by stretching.
For more info go to:
http://www.curvesforwomen.com/category.cfm/3

I hope this helps
Cheryl

Thanks for more information Cheryl.
I am supposed to go in today for a workout to see if I like it.
And to talk about the program, goals, etc.

They are running a special right now that is no monthly dues through the end of the year.
I asked if there are times when they are busy and you have to wait a while she said the way they have it set up that doesn't happen. If thats is true it sounds good.

Thanks again.

I finally talked to someone on Saturday. The pricing, etc. is exactly the same here as what Cheryl posted. The only difference is that ours is not open on Saturdays.

I asked the same question as Danicaw, about having to wait. She told me the same thing, about how it is set up. I don't quite understand that, but I will have to see it. I am going Wednesday afternoon for a trial visit, etc. I will let you know what happens!

It was cool.
I got a great workout.

The staff member went through all 3 laps with me and I really enjoyed it.
I talked with hubby over the weekend and I am going to join.

I hope to go tonight after work, sign up and exercise.
It went by quickly. We will see how it goes on my own.

Mrs. Potato Head I hope you enjoy your workout on Wed.
I filled out a medical history form, weighed in, they took my measurements.
We set some goals. They weigh you once a month and take your measurements.

There is a lady from who is a member who lost 80 lbs. She is there big "loser" (get it? it took me a minute:) ) and they have only been open since January.

Let us know what you think about the workout.

Well, I went yesterday and I joined! The particulars were exactly as described earlier. I went with a friend and she joined as well. The took our weight, measurements and body fat count (scary!), and gave us a goal to work towards. They will redo all of the above once a month to track progress. We can weigh ourselves as often as we choose.

We were so anxious to start we asked if we could have a first workout while we were still there. (You have to have an appointment for your first workout only). She fit us in!

It really was challanging! A lot of fun! The entire workout took exactly 30 minutes, then we stretched for about 5-7 minutes, and we were out of there!

You will find me at Curves every M-W-F morning! I am looking forward to wonderful results!

Congrats Mrs Potato Head.

I joined this week, and have been twice so far, not including my first intro workout, last week.
I plan to go again today and maybe tomorrow.
I really like it.

The time flies by and I keep my heart rate up.
After 2 days I am starting to feel a little sore in my arms. Just a little, but we will see what happens today.

I already have a least favorite machine...the squat machine. Ugh.
But, the others say it gets easier.

Anyway. Glad it went well.

Congrats Mrs. Potato Head! Danica - It does get easier! :) I'd have to agree that the squat machine is akward ( I'm still not used to it. )

Cheryl

I love Curves! I actually joined in July...didn't get remeasured until October (because I missed about 5 weeks of workouts) and in that time I lost 4", 3lbs, and 4 1/2lbs of BF! Unfortunately, I haven't been going much :( so I'm sure it's back :eek:

It's a great workout. 30 minutes 4/week is all you really need. That 30 minutes is equivelant to 1 1/2 hours in the gym!! Now if only I could get myself back in the game and lose more before Christmas!!

Cheryl which center are you going to? I'm in Windham!

NHMomx2 - I'm at the Dracut curves. They are going to open a new one in Pelham NH soon.

There is one in Dracut? And where is the one in Pelham going that's where I live!!!

I have a Curves close to me also. I'm in my early 50's, overweight and out of shape. Would I feel out of place at Curves or do women my age belong to Curves?

NHMomx2 - The one in Dracut is on Tennis Plaza Rd its off of Lakeview Ave by the Dracut PD.

Not sure where the Pelham one is but you can get a transfer if it is closer to you than Windham or you can get a travel pass too I think!

Curves has an 800 info # (800) 848-1096 - call and ask!!!

Tiffany - I don't think you'd feel out of place. There are people who join so they can stay toned but most curves members are there to lose weight.

Cheryl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter