Any other Curves for women members here?

Okay, I went, worked out, sweated profusely and joined!!! I liked it because it's fast, you can talk to people while doing it (which helps with the time thing) and I felt like I got a good work out. Can already feel it in my legs! Am going back tomorrow night. I've decided I'll go on Fri night and Sat morning for sure and then try at least one other night of the week.

I'm so glad I found this thread!

I wondered what Curves For Women was all about, now I know!

I think I'll pop on in there next week, and give it a whirl!

From the sounds of it, it reminds me of "Elaine Powers Figure Salon."

Does anyone remember that place? It wasn't set up in a "circuit", but it sounds like it has similar equipment!

OMG, Blondie! I used to work at Elaine Powers! That was 24 years ago!!!!! Do you remember Team Time? LOL!!! The equipment is different, but the concept is quite similar! Do you remember those belt machines, that shook you all over the place, and the roller machine that you would lay on?!

It's funny, because I said that Curves does remind me of Elaine Powers! The friend that I go with had no idea what I was talking about!

Yep, Elaine Powers goes way, way back! They used to do the measuring as well, but back then, nobody knew anything about measuring body fat, or counting fat grams for that matter!

I did well there, when I went on a regular basis!

The EP I went to was taken over or renamed, (I never knew all the details) "Living Well Lady" or something along those lines. I had stopped going at that point.

I'm looking forward to trying Curves out. Sounds like it's right up my alley, and it's for only 30 minutes!

I just wanted to say THANKS to you ladies. After a summer/fall of sitting at the computer working and travelling I was very upset to see I had gained 20 lbs and feel lousy. I saw that Curves had opened up in a local strip mall and had no clue what is was until I saw this thread. Well I have an appt at 2:30 tomorrow to try it out. I like the idea it is close by and can go when I want.
I'll let you know how I make out and thanks for the info!
CC

And be careful about the proximity! :D Mine is so close, I can't use weather reasons to get out of going! :D :D :D I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Let us know what you think and how they're dealing with your back problems!

The oblique machine is definitely the toughest one - unless you count that one where you do butt squats! You all know the one that I mean!
Have you come up with inventive ways to make the running stations more interesting? I do leg lifts, I step up and step down ... lots of fun stuff ...

We don't have the oblique machine...yet. We are getting one! I did do it when I went to Curves in Indianapolis over Thanksgiving. That machine was not fun, but I did think the squat one was worse! I hate that one! Everyone does!

At the running stations, I do all sorts of things; kicks, Tae-Bo punches, etc. I really think that you have to, it does get "stale" if you don't. It also perks up your workout!

Good luck, Cathy! Let us know what happens!

it does get "stale" if you don't.

Nothing makes the workout more stale than being the only person in the place! That happened to me before Christmas. Even the woman who worked there was gone. I finished my three circuits and left before she came back.

MaryJ, oh my! That would be terrible! One of the things I like most about Curves is talking to everyone! The least amount of woment there has been when I was there was 4. I can not even imagine being the only one there! Boring!!!

THANK YOU LADIES!! I loved it and joined immediately and LL yep went back again this morning and realized how much of a workout I could get from it! LOL I had a massage scheduled after and my back is fine. May have overdone the hip (getting old sucks!) ;) though. We have 8 machines, (hear the "ownership of being a member already?") and everyone is SO friendly. I like to go at a non-busy time so there are only 2-3 ladies. I told them that I read about Curves on a Disney fan site and they couldn't get over it! :D
Thanks again for letting me know about this!
CC

My curves doesn't have an oblique machine :(

Welcome to Lunar Lady and Webmaster Cathy Canada and Mary J !

I haven't been feeling well so I've been missing curves, hopefully I will get back into the swing of things next week.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Cheryl

Hope you are feeling better soon Cheryl, there are so many bugs going around these days! Take care!
CC

Ok, I think we need a count of how many of us checked out Cruves and Joined after reading this thread.

I would be one!

I am sure we are up to a half dozen of us by now. :)
Maybe the company would give us some kind of a deal...New members who are active on the DIS get a 30% discount ;)

Who wants to pitch the idea? Anyone?;)

The owner of the Curves I go to couldn't get over how I learned what Curves was (after thinking it was a lingerie store! LOL)
I know I got a workout yesterday when I am hurting today and couldn't go for more torture! ;)
Looking forward to the morning tho!
CC

I have to laugh...I have seen the title of this thread numerous times but thought it was referring to the perfume (by Liz Claiborne, I think)!! I couldn't figure out why a thread about perfume was SOOOOOO long!! I finally gave into my curiosity tonight...definetly NOT perfume but maybe they should sell the perfume to cover up the lovely sweat smell after your workouts! LOL

This does sound great but there isn't one close enough to me to ensure that I'd go. So I guess I'll stick with the treadmill. :(

Thanks for giving me a good laugh!

I just wanted to say that I am glad I joined Curves! I was really tired after work this week and it really did help me to get back some energy in the evenings and get rid of that dull (vacation/holiday) hangover/headache that I get when I take several days off and get out of my routine! I'm really hoping that the exercise with the combination of WW will really get me back to where I used to be.

I'm a Curves member. I love it. Since joining in August I have lost 23 inches and 16 pounds and 9% body fat (without dieting). I go faithfully M-F. I take the weekend off. Highly recommend it for anyone considering an exercise program.

Nolcrest's reply made me wonder, how often does everyone go to Curves?
CC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter