Any other Curves for women members here?

That is the order of our machines. Too funny about where you start. I start in the same spot for the same reason. I am bummed though, beacause after next week, I can't go for six weeks. I am having gall bladder surgery:( I have lost 16 inches in 2 months. When I start back mid-July, I will have to begin all over again.

Dana, too funny! I always have to start at a "corner" or else I get lost!!! I don't know why, I have the hardest time starting in the middle! Our machines are not in the same order as yours. As a matter of fact, once every couple of weeks they change them around! It keeps thing interesting.

Lauren, I pray all goes well with your surgery. Take care of yourself! 16" in 2 months, that is awesome!

Ok LAdies the results of the 3 month who can loose the most inches get ready fro summer contest is in!! I did not win.....I did not even place in the top 5....so no prize for me...about 50 of us started out..........28 made it all the way through and I came in 9th!! So still not to bad!! WOuld have been nice to get a little prize but oh well!!!!!!! I am really still enjoying going to curves which amazes me since I never thought I would like to excercise!!!!!!!!! How is everyone doing??

Curves just opened in my town. My DH brought home the paper about it. I want to check it out but heard they don't have babysitting. I am hoping to join at the end of June when DD #2 and DD#2 will be in summer camp for the month of July and DD #1 will be old enough to stay at home while I go.

I will be lurking around this thread and have read half of it so far!!

Sounds like everyone is happy with Curves.

Jiminy - 9th place is great! I would be thrilled with that. I got measured, etc. yesterday and I stayed exactly the same everywhere as last month. I really am not surprised, since I had quite a few binges here and there. At one point during the month I was up 4 lbs. so at least I took that back off! I still love going! I Hope everyone is doing well.

Don't get me wrong I am thrilled!!!!!! Especially since last measurements were right at the bloated time of the month and I only lost 3/4 of an inch...that was a bit of a downer but hey I am hanging in there!!!!

I joined yesterday. I really like it. I would never have even looked into it, if not for this post. So thank you!

Measurement day! total -6"!!!!!
Weight doesn't budge though. :( But body fat went down 1% so I'm not complaining. :)
CC

Well ladies after spraining my foot and then going on my cruise, I am going back to Curves today. You know I really do miss my workouts. I am really excited about going back.

I just joined today--and this board was a big reason! I've been gaining weight for the past 7 years and I've finally decided I can't do it alone and at home. I'd like to lose 25-30 pounds but since it took 7 years to gain it, I doubt it'll come off quickly. Anyway, I just loved my first workout! I can't wait to go again tomorrow!

Good luck hoosiergirl!! You have taken the first step and it will get easier from here!!
Good for you!
CC

I just joined Curves too. I've had one workout so far. I haven't read through this whole thread, but I was wondering if any of you have lost a significant amount of weight or inches. I'm excited and I really enjoyed the workout, I'm hoping to lose at least a few inches.

I can't believe I saw this thread. I had lost forty pounds after a year of trying. But then my husand got sick and was in the hospital for 3 months and has been sick for a total of 6 months so far. I ate my way back to the old weight by eating out of machines in the hospital. I am so mad at myself, but by finding this thread I found that there is a Curves right down the street from where I work. I will go there every night after work and see what happens, at the very least I will get a good work out. Thanks for the information.

I read with interest a post that said "BTW, my curves said that people who come 3 times a week lose more that people who go 4 times a week. (posted by Gillian). Anyone have any guesses as to why that would be? I also read in the book "Make the Connection" by Oprah's trainer Bob Greene that you need to exercise aerobically 20 minutes 5X a week in "the zone" in order to get your metabolism up and thus burn more calories. A section about "circuit training" said that this wasn't an efficient way to do that. Would Curves be considered "circuit training" since it also adds in the jogging stations? Anyway, I'm wondering what everyone does on their non-Curves days. I was intending to go at least 4x a week and walk on the off-days. I'm somewhat obsessive and I really want this to be the year to get the weight off!

I go 3 or 4 times per week, and on my off days I run a mile or so. When I get to 140 lbs, I am going to start training for the fall 5K races in the area, which I love.

Any exercise will help you lose weight. Once per week, five times per week, circuit training, running ... they all help. There's no magic recipe.

I cannot believe how much I still enjoy going to Curves. I usually hate the gym beyond a month or so! :D

Dana,
I am like you, I am surprised I am not getting bored at all. I am getting to know a lot of the ladies and it is really quite a social club. I think the 30 minutes part helps a lot!
CC

So I go to one of the local Curves, only to find the door locked since they close from 1:00 to 2:00pm. :(

OK, I'll drive to the other location. It's on a main road, so I'm thinking it stays open. Surprise, surprise!!!:(

I'm stuck waiting in a little strip mall, with an Oreck, Talbot's (which has about 2 things that I can fit in), Country Curtains, and a BAKERY. I managed to avoid the latter.

Curves opened, and, I've got to confess, I wanted to laugh when I first got a look at it. It's so tiny, and there's that disembodied voice instructing you. It wasn't what I expected, but it looks like fun. I have an appt. to try it out on Monday.

I wnet back to Curves after six months and I have all you great DIS'ERS to thank. I am motivated right now and need your help tp keep going. Let's get this thread back on track! I was very good last week and bad on weekend. I will be at my local curves first thing Monday AM - Any of you?

I can't go tomorrow morning because of work or I would!!! I don't think I will make it before Thursday Morning maybe Wednesday we shall see what work holds for me!! I am going to try to get up in the am and do an excercise tape or something!!!!!!!!!! We will see!! WISH me luck!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter