Any other Curves for women members here?

Hi dt!

I don't know the exact answer to your question, but I think that most are quite similar. I have been to two different locations (in different States) and machine wise they were almost identical. I believe that when a new franchise is opened they all have the same equipment, which is about 10 different machines, plus the recovery stations. New equipment is added when there is a certain number of new members. Our Curves has been opened for 4 months now, and we already have two new machines, and are working on getting another! If you work all of the machines that they have in the circuit (and you will), you will benefit greatly!

Let us know when you go and if you join! It really is a great place!

Thanks Mrs PH - that is what I needed to know.

I don't go until 4/22, and I'm of the mind thought that I will join
as long as I feel comfortable there.

Right now I'm doing the treadmill at home, but know I need
to do a total body workout and I just don't do it at home
like I could.

This thread has really perked my interest in it. I just saw the ad
that a Curves was opening in the next town and that is all
the incentive I needed after reading all the great posts here.

So glad you all are doing well with it - it certainly is an intriguing
concept, and I'm looking forward to trying it.

Hello Curves ladies! How is everyone? So far this week I have made it M-T-W! I will miss TH, but will be there Fri. I love it when I can get four days in. When I went yesterday, one of the owners was walking around correcting everyone who was doing the machines wrong. I was doing two of them wrong. It is amazing what a difference it makes (and how much more you feel it) when you are doing them right! We just started a 30 day challange, and I signed up for that. I was weighed and measured last Friday. From my last weight and measurement one month ago, I am down 1.5 lbs. and a total of 3.74". I am happy with that! For the first time since I joined my abdomen is smaller than my boobs!!!!!:D That made me quite happy!

Hi everyone,

Yesterday was two weeks since my first workout at Curves. I am really enjoying it and feel great that I am finally exercising and can't wait to see some results. My last two weigh ins at WW have been two one pound gains. I am not sticking to the program very well. I am making good choices when eating, but not counting points which probably means I am going over. I am not sure if I'll make it to WW tomorrow night because of a conflict with my kids' schedules, but I may be able to run in and get weighed. Hopefully I lost this week. I keep telling myself to get that journal out, but haven't yet.

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great week. I've made it to Curves S-M-T-W so far this week, will definitely skip Saturday and probably Thursday if I go to WW instead.

Take care,
Tricia

Oh, and by the way congrats Mrs PH on the boobs and abdomen thing. I am hoping for that one day too! Keep up the good work!

Tricia

Where is everyone?! Surely I can't be the only one still going to Curves!!! Come out, come out where ever you are!!!!!

We have 40 new members, so now we are getting a new Glute Machine. Sounds kinda scary, doesn't it! On Thursday we are having Bring your daughter to Curves, day. They will be doing crafts with the girls. My DD is so excited! She is counting the days!

I am still going!!!! 3 times a week every week. In 2 months I have lost 8 inches overall!! not bad since I have not really been watching what I eat like I should be!!!!!

I've been wondering the same thing! I'm still going. Won't get measured until next month. I'm even thinking about skipping a month and getting measured in June. Maybe I'll see greater (and more encouraging) results that way!:)

I tried going back to Weight Watchers two weeks ago (I am a Lifetime Member). Then last week they closed the class because they didn't have enough paying members (20) to keep it open. It really bothers me that there are people like me who really want to try to make a positive change in their eating habits, but the places that can help you aren't there because their in it for the almighty dollar! There is a WW class in the next city (about a 25 minute drive) and I am thinking about going there instead after school gets out.

The take your daughter to Curves idea sounds like fun. I think I'll mention it to our owner. I think it would even be good for the teenage girls (like mine) because they could see just how fun fitness can be.

I am still going! I LOVE that place!!! My first measurement was on The 18th. I lost 13.75 inches in one month!!! Weight Watchers and Curves are a good combo for me!!

laurenK and Jiminy102 that is WONDERFUL! You must feel so good! Keep it up!

MaryJ, that really is too bad about WW. It is discouraging to have to drive so far, just to go to a WW meeting, but if it will help you stay on track it would be worth it.

Have you guys noticed my tag. How embarrasing!!!:o

I think you should be very proud of that tag!!!! I would be!!!! I wear my tags proudly...as long as they do not add any weight!!!!:D

hello. i usually lurk on the CB but came over here looking for some weight loss inspiration. and boy did i find it! and much to my amazement there is a Curves where i live. yippee! i am trying to get my best friend to go with me to check it out next week. the 1 drawback i can see right now is the location. it's all the way across town and in the ritzy area to boot. i'm hoping it feels friendly when we go over there next week.

i told Tommy about the program and how excited i was getting just from reading your posts and he is excited for me and is encouraging me to check it out. he is sooooo good to me. :)

congratulations to all of you doing this and on your weight and inches loss. i'm looking forward to the day when i can post my achievements in Curves!

HI DD! I'm glad you found us! Let us know what happens when you go to Curves. I am sure you will love it, and everyone will be very friendly!!!

Gilllian, as a matter of fact, yes I have. Curves has been consistantly rated as one of the best franchises to own. It is not expensive to buy into the franchise (around $19,000), but the royalties and rent (expecially around here) are what get you. The women who own our Curves pay 2x the recommended amount of rent, and it took Curves 6 months to research and approve this location. They put an additional $15,000 into this location in decorating, retrofitting, etc. I do not think that you could rely on one for a sole source of income, but I do think within a couple of years, you could show a decent profit.

Mrs. P, are rents very expensive in general near you? What does your Curves charge monthly? My location is 29, but another location the next town over charges more because their rent is higher. It may be nicer as well, but I've never been there. The one I go to is very plain. I can't imagine that they spent very much on fixing it up!

I read over the materials & the royalties do seem high.

I pay $29.00/month. One just opened in the next town and it is also $29.00, but it is not nearly as nice. Ours has really nice carpet, two big dressing rooms with really pretty curtains, a nice big (and pretty) bathroom, and in general the decorating is beautiful. Our walls are painted a dark rose color, with one wall being a dark teal. The new one that just opened is much smaller, and all white. I was under the impression that they all had to charge the same amount, which is determined by Curves.

Not only did I find the royalties to be high, but you are also required to sign a 10 year contract, that no matter what, the royalties will be paid for this duration, even if you have to close. That is a commitment I am not sure I am ready to make!

To answer your first question, Gillian, yes, rents are high where I live. We are in Metro Detroit, and real estate in general is very expensive. I am not exactly sure, but I think the owners of the location I go to pay around $2,400.00 a month, just for rent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter