Any new rumors or info on a approximate Ratatouille opening?

Fingers crossed it will be a traditional line you can rope drop and not a virtual queue like Rise of the Resistance...
I think that will be the case. It's an established ride with a decent throughput. I don't think a virtual queue will be necessary. I see this opening going much more like Runaway Railway than Rise of the Resistance.

I wouldn't go to EPCOT thinking that there is even a possibility of a soft opening. I think Disney's soft openings are usually CMs and VIPs. I don't know that the general public would even be able to get in.
We (regular folks lol) were able to be part of the soft opening of Belles Enchanted Tales years ago. I do think Disney has had a habit of "surprising" some guests who are in the right spot at the right time etc...not sure it'll happen here though, but certainly something that's happened in the past.

We (regular folks lol) were able to be part of the soft opening of Belles Enchanted Tales years ago. I do think Disney has had a habit of "surprising" some guests who are in the right spot at the right time etc...not sure it'll happen here though, but certainly something that's happened in the past.
That happened for us with Rockin' Rollercoaster, which was cool. I'm looking forward to the new attraction and hopefully a lot of surprised guests will get to enjoy soft openings.

We were "surprised" and taken in a back door to ride Soarin' as a soft opening. It was magical. Wish they still did that sort of thing. With social media capabilities, I don't think it's really feasible to soft open to guests anymore. After a few guests tweeted about it, you'd be mobbed with crowds.

I also just sent a message to Touring Plans asking about this. It's a service you pay for, so if the attraction will not be open, they definitely shouldn't make it an option b/c it messes up the whole formula that you pay for to optimize your day. lol
When I used it in 2019 at the end of august early September at the time I started planing my touring plans they had Mickey and Minnies runway railroad as being opened as they were going off of what had been origonaly reported. After the opening was postponed they let me know on the app that I needed to adjust my plans and remove something that wasn't open.

I've heard its most likely going to be a soft opening so that everyone won't flock like they did for Mickey and Minnie's Railway for COVID's sake. But I can't imagine why else they're waiting. Thoughts?

Disney announced that it will open October 1st. My wife and I leave October 1st, is it possible we may catch a soft opening? My wife wanted to visit WDW in 2021 for her 50th birthday, but it is a bummer we are missing the 50th Anniversary rollout, because I am limited on when I can take a week's vacation.

I won’t be surprised if it soft opens in September. Might even have cast and AP previews before that.

Disney hasn't done a "surprise" soft opening in years. If they do anything it will be cast and AP preview style soft opening like they have done for the last several new rides/lands.

Disney hasn't done a "surprise" soft opening in years.
True, but these are different times. I think if the situation improves enough that they find they can open it to the general public without a problem, then they will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter