Any new rumors or info on a approximate Ratatouille opening?

Disney and the Dude

You know I can’t fly this thing
Seems like everything is ready to go (maybe minus the Craperie restaurant). They even had sneaks for some social media people. Nothing official, or sending invites to local media. Anyone heard anything recently? I haven't seen any job postings for those positions. I was hoping for a March opening (since we were due last year LOL)

They were filming a commercial or something in the area (last week, I think?) and merchandise has been released, so the opening seems to be imminent...but nothing official has been announced yet.

"Soon."
Seems like everything is ready to go (maybe minus the Craperie restaurant). They even had sneaks for some social media people. Nothing official, or sending invites to local media. Anyone heard anything recently? I haven't seen any job postings for those positions. I was hoping for a March opening (since we were due last year LOL)
Hey, now. Reserve that nickname for the restrooms back there. Unless the food really winds up being that bad.

You mean the "Be Our Guest Cafe"? 😈😆

A report I watched stated that they saw CMs carrying trays of 3-D glasses into the ride. I get the sense it will open in early Spring based on this latest observation.

Watched a live stream from a youtuber yesterday, glasses were seen left behind near the the ride. This is the only attraction that will use glasses in the park. This coincides with the trays of glasses being seen carried into the ride.

Other rumors swirling that media members there doing previews in regards to Flower and Garden were given ride previews, and that cast members were picking random families to test the ride.(have not seen this confirmed yet just spectulation)

They arent going to warn anyone when this is going to open to prevent over unneeded over crowding. My guess is it will open sometime before the Flower and Garden

Watched a live stream from a youtuber yesterday, glasses were seen left behind near the the ride. This is the only attraction that will use glasses in the park. This coincides with the trays of glasses being seen carried into the ride.

Other rumors swirling that media members there doing previews in regards to Flower and Garden were given ride previews, and that cast members were picking random families to test the ride.(have not seen this confirmed yet just spectulation)

They arent going to warn anyone when this is going to open to prevent over unneeded over crowding. My guess is it will open sometime before the Flower and Garden
Doesn't the shorts attractions use glasses?

We'd love it if it were open before F&G.

Yeah...after thinking about it, I know they do because they have 3d effects in the shorts - spaghetti meatballs rolling out into the audience, mickey coming out of the screen etc.
Yes shorts is 3D as Magic Eye Theater has always been a 3D film (wish they brought magic journeys back imho)

They were filming a commercial or something in the area (last week, I think?) and merchandise has been released, so the opening seems to be imminent...but nothing official has been announced yet.
Hoping its up and running before our trip in April.
It looks really fun

F&G will be starting up soon, and spring break season will last well into April. And then there will be more resorts opening - one the end of March and 2 others in late May and early June. By the time the rest of Poly opens "this summer", it'll be time for F&W. We're also still at 35% capacity limits with no dates for when they think it's safe to increase (I'm thinking Memorial Day but could be July 4th or later) or what they would increase it to (I'm thinking 50% but who knows since they would need to address physical distancing for this to work).

From a WDW standpoint, they can only open a new ride once. And the motivation for doing so is to get more people in the park. The question is: do you think they need to open RAT within the next 3-6 months to get more people into EPCOT?

No, but they need to open more rides and experiences to help absorb their current 35%. Opening RAT will help spread out the crowds of people over spring break and beyond who would otherwise be jamming walkways with no place to go.

If they open RAT, the number of folks that make up the 35% will increase in the park.

As an example, say I have a large restaurant with 4 rooms where I can serve people and the capacity of the restaurant is set at 35%. Now say I built a 5th room, added tables and chairs to that room and opened it up. The restaurant is still working at 35% capacity, but now there are more total people in the restaurant then there was prior to opening the 5th room.

It would be the same at WDW. Every added ride, every added show, every added restaurant, every added store actually allows more people in the park while the park overall remains at 35% capacity. In the end, the crowds aren't really absorbed by something new being open because the crowds would have increased.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter