Any new rumors or info on a approximate Ratatouille opening?

If they open RAT, the number of folks that make up the 35% will increase in the park.

As an example, say I have a large restaurant with 4 rooms where I can serve people and the capacity of the restaurant is set at 35%. Now say I built a 5th room, added tables and chairs to that room and opened it up. The restaurant is still working at 35% capacity, but now there are more total people in the restaurant then there was prior to opening the 5th room.

It would be the same at WDW. Every added ride, every added show, every added restaurant, every added store actually allows more people in the park while the park overall remains at 35% capacity. In the end, the crowds aren't really absorbed by something new being open because the crowds would have increased.
It's impossible to know what metrics Disney is using for it's 35%, but most reports are saying that it's 35% of what their 100% capacity was during normal times (when every attraction and restaurant was open). . . not 35% of what capacity is now with half of their current restaurants, rides and shows closed.

That's why their "35%" now is feeling like 100% days of the past. I don't think they're changing their 35% number based on which attractions are opened or closed that day.

When we booked our trip last night, the CM helping us actually brought it up and said it will most likely be open spring but there is no date yet.

When we booked our trip last night, the CM helping us actually brought it up and said it will most likely be open spring but there is no date yet.

I'm not sure if anyone uses Touring Plans to help with their attraction planning, but when I went to plan one of our Epcot days, RAT was an option to put into our plan. So fingers crossed that's a sign that maybe they might have some intel and it could be opening for the start of F&G?

I'm not sure if anyone uses Touring Plans to help with their attraction planning, but when I went to plan one of our Epcot days, RAT was an option to put into our plan. So fingers crossed that's a sign that maybe they might have some intel and it could be opening for the start of F&G?
What date??

March 10th & March12th - Both allowed us to add it to our Touring Plan
I’m there that weekend! I had a random feeling that it might open on my trip, so I reserved EP for 2/5 of my parks days. After seeing your post, I checked, and TouringPlans let me add Remy to both of my EP days (March 12 and 14). I hope they know something we don’t!!

What does that mean. Do you get Fast Passes for Rat?
Yup. It's not directly linked to Disney, but it's touringplans.com and it's a inexpensive membership you can purchase to help you optimize your time in the parks. They have staff that's in the parks daily to get real wait times, ride closures, etc. When we went in to plan our days in EP, it let me select RAT, so I was just hoping it was a sign that they knew something that hasn't been released. Can't imagine they would let you put it in your touring plan if it wouldn't be open, but who knows! Here's hoping!

Yup. It's not directly linked to Disney, but it's touringplans.com and it's a inexpensive membership you can purchase to help you optimize your time in the parks. They have staff that's in the parks daily to get real wait times, ride closures, etc. When we went in to plan our days in EP, it let me select RAT, so I was just hoping it was a sign that they knew something that hasn't been released. Can't imagine they would let you put it in your touring plan if it wouldn't be open, but who knows! Here's hoping!

I'll be in Orlando this weekend. I wonder if they will soft open. I kind of don't want to buy a ticket to Epcot though if RAT isn't open. Would be a waste of money for me.

I'll be in Orlando this weekend. I wonder if they will soft open. I kind of don't want to buy a ticket to Epcot though if RAT isn't open. Would be a waste of money for me.
I wouldn't go to EPCOT thinking that there is even a possibility of a soft opening. I think Disney's soft openings are usually CMs and VIPs. I don't know that the general public would even be able to get in.

I wouldn't go to EPCOT thinking that there is even a possibility of a soft opening. I think Disney's soft openings are usually CMs and VIPs. I don't know that the general public would even be able to get in.

Fortunately, I can spy on Rat from the Skyliner and IG entrance without going into the park. Might be one of the only dark rides at WDW that you can monitor from outside the park.

Will be curious to hear the response!
Me too! :) I also saw where someone else messaged them on their boards a while back with the same question. I will post as soon as I hear from them. I know there are a few people on these boards that pay for a membership and use them to help plan vacations.

Touring Plans Update - So it looks like they have had the attraction available for a while so that it's already loaded in the system. This way when it does open, they won't have to rush to add it as an option. So in other words, it means nothing and likely won't be open on my upcoming trip. ;) I had my hopes up! If you do use Touring Plans for your trip in the next few weeks, you may want to delete it and re-optimize your plans. If the ride does open soon, everyone knows you will have to rope drop to get to it anyway. :)

Touring Plans Update - So it looks like they have had the attraction available for a while so that it's already loaded in the system. This way when it does open, they won't have to rush to add it as an option. So in other words, it means nothing and likely won't be open on my upcoming trip. ;) I had my hopes up! If you do use Touring Plans for your trip in the next few weeks, you may want to delete it and re-optimize your plans. If the ride does open soon, everyone knows you will have to rope drop to get to it anyway. :)
Fingers crossed it will be a traditional line you can rope drop and not a virtual queue like Rise of the Resistance...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter