Any luxury chain hotels near Disneyland?

efrant

Mouseketeer
Hi all, as indicated in the title, I'm wondering if there are any chain hotels (Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt or Choice) that have "luxury" properties near Disneyland. Preferably walking distance, but a short car ride would be fine as well. I haven't been to DL in decades (we always go to WDW), and I'm not familiar with the area. I did a quick search and the only property I see that falls into the "higher end" category is the JW Marriot, but I'm not entirely sure that the particular property lives up to the typical JW standard.

Goal is to use points for a stay (and I have enough to cover a stay with any of the chains I mentioned).

Thanks!

The Westin seems pretty lux to me. We stayed on points in April and the room was lovely and spotless. We were upgraded with a view of the Incredicoaster. Hubby wants to stay there every time, and it is often less money than the other Marriott properties.
Have not stayed at the JW but have read mixed reviews.

The Westin seems pretty lux to me. We stayed on points in April and the room was lovely and spotless. We were upgraded with a view of the Incredicoaster. Hubby wants to stay there every time, and it is often less money than the other Marriott properties.
Did you walk from there or do they have a shuttle?

Thanks! How would you compare the Westin to the Courtyard? Right now, I have temporarily booked the JW, but may switch to the Westin. The Courtyard's location seems to be better (and not sure the property itself is any worse than that JW), but there are no award nights available for the dates I want to stay.

The JW Marriott is close buy but I personally prefer the convention Marriott (if there is no convention on). I was last there in Oct and the rooms felt like they were newly reno'd

I didn't find the Courtyard Theme Park super luxurious but we did absolutely love our stay there. Excellent location and the water park was fun.

Thanks! How would you compare the Westin to the Courtyard? Right now, I have temporarily booked the JW, but may switch to the Westin. The Courtyard's location seems to be better (and not sure the property itself is any worse than that JW), but there are no award nights available for the dates I want to stay.
the Courtyard is clean and the rooms are big but the location is the selling point for me. Much shorter walk than Westin. The Courtyard redemption rate is silly high IMHO. I have never paid to stay there, only redemption.

We've stayed at the Courtyard twice and loved it both times. I wouldn't call it luxury, but it's definitely new, comfortable and very convenient. The rooms are a good size. I rarely see rooms at a discount though. It was always a bit more expensive than some of the other hotels along that strip, but definitely the nicest.

We just got back from Disneyland. We stayed three nights at the Westin Anaheim Resort. We absolutely loved it here and if we ever go back, I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again. It’s still so new, and feel luxurious. It does not have the best pool area unfortunately, but we spent the entire day at the parks anyways. It is a conference hotel, and while we were there there was a pretty big conference happening. Rooms are lovely and big with two queen beds. We had a little balcony overlooking the front entrance/valet area. I’m sure the theme park view rooms would be fun, and the rooftop restaurant/bar would have great fireworks views (If not closed due to a private event that conferences usually hold!).
In terms of distance to the park, it was manageable. My girls are 18 and 20, so they could handle the walk easily. I have to say though At the end of the 12 hour day the walk home hurt! You can always do a ride share or taxi,but it was probably faster to walk than to wait for a car, especially if you’re leaving after fireworks or WOC!

I'm actually at DL right now (killing some time while waiting in line for an attraction LOL). We ended up booking the JW Marriott. Property is nice (not RC or St. Regis nice, but still quite nice). Rooms and bathrooms are modern and seem recently renovated. Pool area is also very nice, with food and beverage service available, and the lobby bar extends to the pool area. Lobby area is beautiful and worthy of the JW brand in my opinion. Parking is quite expensive at ~$59/day. Hotel charges a $25 daily resort fee, but includes a $25 daily food/beverage credit, so it's offset. Walk to the main DL entrance is around 10-15 minutes.

For those that have Platinum or higher status: Executive lounge is open, but they aren't serving breakfast there, so they are offering breakfast at the restaurant, which was a full hot breakfast buffet. Quality was above average in my opinion. You can also choose a $10 food/beverage credit for your welcome amenity.

I would be open to trying the Westin, but I'm pretty happy with the JW.

EDIT: typos

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!