any help

happy highlander

Earning My Ears
This is my first thread and I'm looking for any advice on the following:-

1st There are 8 of us going to disney in july 2 of which have birthdays, one shall be 30 & the other 28. Is ther anything special that anyone would suggest we can do? and does anyone know how you get picked for the dunk tank on the backlot tour at MGM?

2nd Is there anything you can participate in at world of sports?

3rd Character breakfast for 8 adults, is it worth while?

Thanks

Hello Happy Highlander! Welcome to the DIS boards!

I don't know about World of Sports as we've never been there but there are several things to do for birthdays. First, if you can, make a reservation for an Illuminations Cruise. It's a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday. Also, pick up a birthday button at City Hall on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom. On my daughter's 13th birthday we got the button for her and the Mayor sang Happy Birthday to her in the middle of Main Street. Lots of the CM's notice the buttons and some will do little special things. One CM gave us 2 rides on Astro Orbiter because she noticed my daughter's pin. Also, if you're eating at any of the restaurants or Character Meals, mention that you're celebrating birthdays. I think at Chef Mickey's there's a birthday song they sing and some places will give you a birthday cupcake or cookie.

As for the Character meals.... do you all enjoy the characters? My mother-in-law absolutely LOVES Eeyore so she was thrilled with the character dinner at the Crystal Palace. If you enjoy some good picture opportunities and seeing the characters then, yes, the character meals are worth it, even for adults!

I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter