Any free, but still secure, mass document shredding/destruction?

Cruise

Wake up, your month is up!;)
I'm cleaning out my home office and finally made it to a filing cabinet that was so damaged in our last move that I haven't been able to get it open for years. I finally wrestled with it till I got it open and I'm finding old receipts from 2004 in there. :rotfl: There's also old medical bills, etc.

It would take me forever to shred all this with a home shredder. Does anyone know of a way to shred or dispose of all this stuff without paying an arm and a leg to a commercial shredding company? I found some companies that offer occasional free community shredding events, but none are being held in the next three months.

If I were back east where I grew up, we'd just start a fire in a barrel on the back 40. :rotfl: But I don't have that option here. Any suggestions?

I know you said you found a company offering free shredding events, but try checking in with your local governments too. Mine offer such things, but the advertising is really bad, so if I hadn't asked I would have had no idea.

I second the suggestion to check with your local government. Ours does occasional shred days. I got rid of two huge boxes of documents... MUCH quicker than doing it at home.

:earsboy:

Our county does shredding days, but as op stated, you would probably have to check the website to see where and when.

This would be kind of a mess but what about soaking the paperwork in a bucket of water. The ink would run, the paper would either rip or dry in a clump that would be illegible after it dries.

Do you have any kids who are off school for the summer and might be saying "I'm bored"? Here's the solution ;)

I would agree with the others about your community having free shredding events. My town has it a couple of times a year but it's not greatly publicized. If you found out one was coming up it might be worth waiting for...:)

No kids and no fireplace. I could try to get my cat to lick them to death. :lmao:

Thanks for all the suggestions - I'll check local government websites!

Trash can and water hose;) If local gov't does not offer it, I would sit down during fav tv show and start working it. Eventually, you will get thru it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter