• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Canadians planning a fall 2021 trip?

I think once the health passport has launched, things will change fast. That being said, you'll still need to potentially be vaccinated and/or get that negative PCR test to travel.

I wonder if they will waive for kids as it’s not approved for kids yet .. I know it’s getting closer For 12-16 but .. with families

Booked Nov and hoping for Sept
I went Nov 2020 and quarantined no issues.
just waiting to renew our APs

I totally get it. But if we have to pay $300 for tests for each of our kids, each way? That’s an extra $1800 on our trip 😬

yep and for me single mom of 4 ( mind you one is 18 now it’s same but my metal health right now , their mental health. Big kid will be off to a Covid hotspot in sept and between that and trying to readjust my ASD little guy to in person school if things aren’t better either I’ll need a vacation with that stress or AA ( and I don’t drink )

I think once the health passport has launched, things will change fast. That being said, you'll still need to potentially be vaccinated and/or get that negative PCR test to travel.
Hopefully the health passport will be enough. Getting those travel Covid tests are pretty expensive!

We are supposed to be going Nov 27-Dec 5. Have the 5-day tickets and hoping to maybe add a few nights at Cabana Bay for a Uni run too!
We went that time in 2020. Arrived on Black Friday. Great time to go, all the Christmas decorations are up and it’s before the Christmas crowds arrive. Packing was the only issue! Had to bring both summer and winter clothing!
Bring warm jackets for dinners at City Walk 🥶. Some nights were quite cold yet restaurants had AC on blast.

Quarantine(at home, not the stupid hotel obviously) won't be a problem. If we have to pay for 4 kids tests each way, that is $2400. That likely would be a deal breaker. That also assumes that we can get both needles by Sept. From what I read the vaccination passport will require both needles. My wife and I were supposed to get ours this week according to what they said 2 weeks ago but instead, ages are still the same because of vaccine supply issues so who knows. We have annual passes and free 3 days park hopper plus waterpark passes, plus free 1 day park hopper tickets, so we have options. We now have 2 DVC contracts but only 72 points have to be used by year end, so if things aren't opening up my wife and I will just go alone to use up those points.

Quarantine(at home, not the stupid hotel obviously) won't be a problem. If we have to pay for 4 kids tests each way, that is $2400. That likely would be a deal breaker. That also assumes that we can get both needles by Sept. From what I read the vaccination passport will require both needles. My wife and I were supposed to get ours this week according to what they said 2 weeks ago but instead, ages are still the same because of vaccine supply issues so who knows. We have annual passes and free 3 days park hopper plus waterpark passes, plus free 1 day park hopper tickets, so we have options. We now have 2 DVC contracts but only 72 points have to be used by year end, so if things aren't opening up my wife and I will just go alone to use up those points.
So hard to speculate. We’ve gotten our first shot last week. If the projected timeline for 2nd shot in August holds our Aug 1 WDW trip is in the trash can. Hopefully they will be ahead of schedule. But still hopeful for October trip. 🤞

So hard to speculate. We’ve gotten our first shot last week. If the projected timeline for 2nd shot in August holds our Aug 1 WDW trip is in the trash can. Hopefully they will be ahead of schedule. But still hopeful for October trip. 🤞
We are in a designated hot spot so we are supposed to be eligible anytime now(early 40's) but we will see. We need to go away. I don't want to have to wait until 2022 to go because there is so much up in the air that year, plus we hopefully will have my daughter's rescheduled make a wish trip that will occupy vacation time in 2022.

Where has this been printed that this is going to happen?

The US administration has already said that they are NOT doing this. Is this here say? Has there been formal statements from the Canadian administration about this?

I'm torn... do I buy our flights now? We have a trip planned for December and it's cruises from Orlando. So should they not be able to happen we could still hopefully do Disney/Universal or something... I'm sure flights are going to go up. I see on Air Canada if I book before April 30th I can have one free change to date or place. What to do...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter