Any Canadians planning a fall 2021 trip?

We are going to Orlando and then Fort Lauderdale from Dec 16-31. In February I booked a mini van through Expedia.ca for those 16 days with a different drop off location for $1200 can funds. It is now above $2500.
I'm going to watch WestJet for the next week or two and see if the prices fluctuate at all. Otherwise i'll bite the bullet and just pay the $500. At least it's all credits, haha.

I'm going to watch WestJet for the next week or two and see if the prices fluctuate at all. Otherwise i'll bite the bullet and just pay the $500. At least it's all credits, haha.
Remember the RBC Westjet CC. You get a companion flight for $119.00 which is waived for new cardholders. Another way to save a bit. I think that our bill for four tickets/flights from Toronto-Orlando and Ft Lauderdale-Toronto was around $1,550. That was using my card and my wife’s card for two companion flights

Remember the RBC Westjet CC. You get a companion flight for $119.00 which is waived for new cardholders. Another way to save a bit. I think that our bill for four tickets/flights from Toronto-Orlando and Ft Lauderdale-Toronto was around $1,550. That was using my card and my wife’s card for two companion flights
Oh yes. We currently have 5000 points and 2 companion fares, haha. It's only me going though. Meeting up with a fellow Travel Agent friend down there :)

There are car deals to be found but it takes a lot of searching. Usually I find Costco Travel to offer the lowest prices but yesterday on the Air Canada/Aeroplan site I booked Oct 23-30 for $561CAD all in for a Mini Van with Avis and Dec 29-Jan 06 in an economy car (never booked eco before) also with Avis for $360 CAD all in.

Interesting article on CBC, nothing official of course, but apparently lots of people are booking for fall. I think I am of the opinion that it will open up after most people are able to get their second shot, which will be fall unless things speed up. I am still very hopeful for December... my worry being my son who will only be 11 and not able to be vaccinated (probably).

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/otta...eas-covid-19-vaccinations-questions-1.6007686

I keep checking the park pass availability for our week, but it's all still green. By that time, WDW will likely have minimal restrictions in place, I think.

I keep checking the park pass availability for our week, but it's all still green. By that time, WDW will likely have minimal restrictions in place, I think.

Lets hope! I'm ok with changing my plans to Disney instead of a cruise, I just want to TRAVEL. but having to do it more last minute and trying to deal with park reservations and all of that... I have not kept up with the changes much since we didn't plan to go.

And I was glad to read you got a negative test btw...

I’m starting to notice that HS is all booked on some days in the fall. So I decided not to wait any longer and made my park reservations.

It looks like HS is the tough one to get.

I’m starting to notice that HS is all booked on some days in the fall. So I decided not to wait any longer and made my park reservations.

Everyone wants the new rides :) I kick myself I didn't make kiddo line up for the one that was open when we went in 2019... who knows when we'll get back. But as a tradeoff we did get to ride Slinky Dog a few times because everyone went to Star Wars.

I am hoping for third week of august (but not expecting the border to be open by then) and Dec. 18-28.

I have one set of tickets right now so I booked park passes for Dec (MK and DHS only). I am hoping that if we can travel end of august that there will be park passes open for MK and DHS as the US is back in school.

Any thoughts on this strategy?

I am hoping for third week of august (but not expecting the border to be open by then) and Dec. 18-28.

I have one set of tickets right now so I booked park passes for Dec (MK and DHS only). I am hoping that if we can travel end of august that there will be park passes open for MK and DHS as the US is back in school.

Any thoughts on this strategy?

Sounds like a smart plan to me. I would assume Xmas is busier and will be harder to secure ..

Well, back to the drawing board . Both school boards in our district have put in a request with the Ministry to change the 2021/2022 calendar. The proposed change has Christmas break starting on the 24th . I’m pretty sure it will go through ,one board already has the proposed calendar on their website.

I had made our tentative plans to include a break that started a week earlier ( by checking the ministry calendar) but we would miss too much school with the change.

Luckily with all the uncertainties I had made sure absolutely everything was refundable. We weren’t married to those dates or even sure we could go then. Now we are considering the week starting New Year’s Day , or moving to March Break 2022.

Neither one is ideal crowd wise . It seems like the vast majority of school boards are going back on January 3rd so maybe our January 1st to the 9th wouldn’t be so bad .

Last edited:
O
Well, back to the drawing board . Both school boards in our district have put in a request with the Ministry to change the 2021/2022 calendar. The proposed change has Christmas break starting on the 24th . I’m pretty sure it will go through ,one board already has the proposed calendar on their website.

I had made our tentative plans to include a break that started a week earlier ( by checking the ministry calendar) but we would miss too much school with the change.

Luckily with all the uncertainties I had made sure absolutely everything was refundable. We weren’t married to those dates or even sure we could go then. Now we are considering the week starting New Year’s Day , or moving to March Break 2022.

Neither one is ideal crowd wise . It seems like the vast majority of school boards are going back on January 3rd so maybe our January 1st to the 9th wouldn’t be so bad .

Wow ..
omg I didnt even think of that. That said our one trip original was aug to labour day and I switched it and paid the change fees before the pandemic ..I’m not going to let this kinda thing worry me at this point .. the two littles will be ok and DD if she can survive remote for two years she can survive an extra week.. who knows whether we will be octo or back to regular semesters ?
ugggh

I want to go down as soon as the border re-open. I would drive down if the air fare getting too high. I live near Niagara Falls.

We were fully booked for a Dec 2020 trip before Covid really took off and have moved to the equivalent dates for this December (11th-22nd). We're flying out of Toronto on Westjet and staying on DVC points.

We're watching the vaccination schedules (not eligible yet...) and hoping that the travel rules relax before we go. A quarantine at home may have been manageable but a paid 3 day hotel stay (Christmas morning in a quarantine hotel...) and paid tests both ways would probably be deal breakers.

For the flights, we originally paid regular full fare on Westjet as soon as the flights opened up last year and then used our credits again as soon they opened this February. The prices were basically the same, I think one fare was actually slightly less. I just checked now and the pricing is the same as when we rebooked in February except for premium class on the 9:50 direct flight down to MCO that has gone from ~$750 to $1100.

As for park tickets, I'm still holding out hope that they extend the discounted Canadian tickets and wait anxiously each monthly milestone for an announcement. Disney knows these tickets are out there and they know the travel situation right now, it just seems bizarre that they don't announce some accommodation or at least say 'too bad'.

Hi, what board is this? I have alot of plans made for December!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter