Another travellers cheque question - sorry

WaT05

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this sounds like a really dense and silly question but I have never been abroad so... I was just wondering if you pay for a meal or item with travellers cheques and it comes to less then the amount you give them, for example if you had a meal that was $35 and you give them $50 in travellers cheques do they give you the change in dollers. Or if your meal comes to $40 can you give 2 $20 traveller cheques. I am really sorry if it sounds ditzy its just I haven't used them before and I like to have everything straight in my head!!
Also has anyone used Onlinefx to get their currency?? If so are the travellers cheques American Express??
Thanks
Hazel

Shouldn't be a problem at all paying for an item with a cheque worth more, you may, and I stress the may, be asked for ID so would be useful to have your drivers licence or something with you.
Also have used onlinefx many times, no problems at all!

Hi there Hazel. Most places will treat dollar trevellers cheques like cash so, if you give them a $50 cheque for a $40 bill, you will get $10 cash back. However, many places are also asking for photo ID these days for both TC and CC purchases, so try to make sure you have something with you. The new-style card driver's licence is fine, otherwise you might have to carry your passport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter