Another Sharing Credits Question--Sorry!

So i was looking at the DxDDP today and notices this nice little section:

"Your Disney Deluxe Dining Plan allows each person in your party to trade meals for special dining experiences that your family will remember for a lifetime. See the exchanges below:"

So it appears that Disney has no problem, and kind of encourages the trading of meals with people in your party.

Still morally gray to use for people outside your party, but it appears the kid credits only for kids issue is cleared up with Disney's own verbiage.

NO..that is NOT what that means. It means you can use your dining credits for things like Spirit of Aloha, Candlelight Processional, F! and ROL packages, etc.

So i was looking at the DxDDP today and notices this nice little section:

"Your Disney Deluxe Dining Plan allows each person in your party to trade meals for special dining experiences that your family will remember for a lifetime. See the exchanges below:"

So it appears that Disney has no problem, and kind of encourages the trading of meals with people in your party.

Still morally gray to use for people outside your party, but it appears the kid credits only for kids issue is cleared up with Disney's own verbiage.

Nope. Look at this part:

Disney Deluxe Dining Plan
With your Deluxe Disney Dining Plan, for each night of your package, each Guest in your party (ages 3 and up) receives:

3 Meals
Choose from select Walt Disney World Resort table-service or quick-service restaurants for all 3 of your meals.

Each adult or child table-service meal includes:
1 appetizer (lunch and dinner only), 1 entrée and 1 dessert (lunch and dinner only)
1 single-serving, non-alcoholic beverage
Or
1 full buffet

Each quick-service meal includes:
1 entrée or 1 complete combo meal
1 single-serving, non-alcoholic beverage

2 Snacks
Examples of snacks are:
1 frozen ice cream novelty, popsicle, fruit bar, popcorn scoop (single-serving box), single-serving bag of snacks, single piece of whole fruit, 20-oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dasani water, 22-oz. fountain soft drink or juice, 12-oz. coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea, single-serving prepackaged milk or juice

Children ages 3-9 must order from a Children's Menu where available. Plan must be purchased for entire length of stay and for the entire party (ages 3+). Meals are non-transferable between party members and expire at midnight on day of check-out.

I will agree, it seems very clear what Disney wants. What guests can get away with, that is something different.

What guests can get away with, that is something different.

LOL nobody is "getting away" with anything if the waiters/waitresses/managers are allowing it. That's like saying someone exchanging a QS meal for 3 snacks is "getting away" with something when the eatery has to allow it for it to happen. I always ask first and at every restaurant where my kids have ordered an adult meal, a waiter OR a manager has told me I can use my DxDP to order how I want. Every. Single. One. If they say no, that's fine; but if they are all OK with it, so am I. If Disney has a problem with it, then they need to inform a whole lot of employees and should probably send out a memo ASAP.

LOL nobody is "getting away" with anything if the waiters/waitresses/managers are allowing it. That's like saying someone exchanging a QS meal for 3 snacks is "getting away" with something when the eatery has to allow it for it to happen. I always ask first and at every restaurant where my kids have ordered an adult meal, a waiter OR a manager has told me I can use my DxDP to order how I want. Every. Single. One. If they say no, that's fine; but if they are all OK with it, so am I. If Disney has a problem with it, then they need to inform a whole lot of employees and should probably send out a memo ASAP.

How did you get me to quote something I didn't say? Maxiesmom said that; I didn't. Not upset. Just wondering how you did it?

My take on it is up a bit. Eventually Disney will put a stop to it, but I doubt it will be through employee re-education. It will either be by pricing the kid's plans much higher or just by enforcing the rules they have set up by fixing the system to "see" adult and child credits.

Exactly. Unless and until Disney chooses to make it enforceable then use it as you like

I see nothing wrong at all

How did you get me to quote something I didn't say? Maxiesmom said that; I didn't. Not upset. Just wondering how you did it?

I think maybe Maxiesmom quoted you and then I messed it up when taking out part of the quote? Otherwise, I have no idea LOL! Sorry!

Exactly. Unless and until Disney chooses to make it enforceable then use it as you like

I see nothing wrong at all

The problem ends up being inconsistency. I know within the last week or so there was a poster who was told no. When the rules say one thing and the CMs do another sometimes, that is a problem.

ok... just checking... I have heard conflicting information..... My DD is going to be a CP and now our vacation plans have changed. Not sure if she will have a bunch of time off when I'm there . She doesnt need park tickets but, I am still thinking about keeping the package ( we had bounceback with free dining). I was informed by a few people that if I could share my credits with her when she ate with me? Is this then not true? I'm so confused? TIA

ok... just checking... I have heard conflicting information..... My DD is going to be a CP and now our vacation plans have changed. Not sure if she will have a bunch of time off when I'm there . She doesnt need park tickets but, I am still thinking about keeping the package ( we had bounceback with free dining). I was informed by a few people that if I could share my credits with her when she ate with me? Is this then not true? I'm so confused? TIA

Yes, you can share your credits with your DD.

The problem ends up being inconsistency. I know within the last week or so there was a poster who was told no. When the rules say one thing and the CMs do another sometimes, that is a problem.

There are a few restaurants that allow no deviation whatsoever. Via Napoli comes to mind. I do agree that if the inconsistency spreads to Disney owned restaurants the problem is worse

Depends on the restaurant, the staff, the manager...

I always go with the assumption you may be told NO, however!!! there is no harm in asking in a very polite way! ;) So best of luck during your visit - I don't think that all restaurants are going to say yes, but I also don't think they are going to all say no, either! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter