Another Question!

Feisty Fairy

DIS Veteran
Is there a way to plug a laptop up to the cable at the campsites and also is it Disney Cable meaning Info on the resorts on one channel, etc... ? The standard cable found in most Disney Resorts.

I'm confused you want to watch Disney Cable TV on your laptop.

Most laptops don't have a video in or cable tv in port.

Or do you mean plug your laptop into the Ethernet port that gives you internet access. If thats what you mean yes just use the port on your laptop they all should have one. Unless its a certain mac or some small netbooks.

I'm confused you want to watch Disney Cable TV on your laptop.

Most laptops don't have a video in or cable tv in port.

The sites say they have cable hookup I meant the Disney offered cable not satellite or wi-fi. I did not know if there was come kind of adapter. Just curious I probably will not even bring my laptop this trip.

The sites say they have cable hookup I meant the Disney offered cable not satellite or wi-fi. I did not know if there was come kind of adapter. Just curious I probably will not even bring my laptop this trip.

I edited my PP but yes you should be able to plug your laptop into the port they provide for internet access. Oh and you still have to pay for it.

I edited my PP but yes you should be able to plug your laptop into the port they provide for internet access. Oh and you still have to pay for it.

How do you plug in cable at the campsites and two does the internets still cost 9.95 a day?

As of Spring Break we were in loop 600 and could receive FREE wifi at our camp site. Yes the usual hot spots were also FREE (tried one).

Is there a way to plug a laptop up to the cable at the campsites and also is it Disney Cable meaning Info on the resorts on one channel, etc... ? The standard cable found in most Disney Resorts.

Ok I misread your OP a little. I thought you were referring to a cabin

First the campsites have the same cable channels (including the WDW info channel) as the hotels. Of course the big difference is that you need to bring your own TV and coax cable. :thumbsup2

Second if you need to plug into the internet at your site you can get a kit that hooks you into cable system. Its still 9.95 a day and you have to put a deposit down. Not sure how long of a cat 5 cable you will get.

Also, WDW has been rolling out free (I'm assuming it will stay that way) wifi at various resorts on property. Others have posted the coverage.

An update on the cable modem costs.

In my trip report from last month I outlined the wifi roll out plans at the Fort.

In checking with the FW staff, the Fort (along with the other resorts) are in the process of rolling out wifi (free). Current hotspots are at Pioneer Hall area, Meadow Trading Post, and the Outpost/Checkin area. The Fort is a little behind the other resorts in rolling it out because of radio frequency issues with all the busses that roll through the Fort which are connected by radio to a command center also.

As wifi is becoming free in the resorts, the $9.95 per day fee previously charged is no longer being charged. You can get a cable modem for your internet access but will have to leave a refundable deposit for the box.

Anyone getting wifi in 600 is picking up the hotspot at the Meadow TP and not wifi in the resort (yet).

Maybe they'll get the RF issues worked out eventually.

Bama ED

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter