Another MAGICal Adventure - WBTA 2015

I really like Rick Steves's books. I thought his Barca book was very helpful. Reminds me, I'll need to find that again. (There's so little time! :rotfl:)

Are you taking the kids on this year's WBTA? They probably wouldn't want to go again, with so few ports and all. ;)

We won't be on this years WBTA, that would be wonderful, though. I do like your thinking! I'm sure they will have tons of fun with Grandma, right?!

Hi everyone,
We just booked this cruise yesterday and are excited to hopefully be going on our 1st transatlantic cruise. This will be our 14th cruise. There will be 8 of us. 2 adults and 6 children. We just couldn't resist the price for this cruise. It was about 3,000 dollars cheaper than the one we looked at for Nov. 2015 on a 7 nighter. I wish there were a few more ports to go into, but I do love sea days too. :) I am just a little worried about the one way airfare for all of us to Barcelona.:eek: If anyone has any tips on how to find reasonable airfare for 8 to Barcelona, please let us know:thumbsup2

All going on this cruise are: Me DW Vicki 44, DH Marty 47, DD Adriane 17, DS Zach 13, DD Stephanie 11, DS Isaac 8, DS Vincent 5, and DS Eli 3. (ages at time of sailing) We are from SW Wisconsin. We are looking forward to getting to know everyone on this cruise and we would be interested in FE too. :)

Thanks,
Vicki

Hi everyone! I'm in too! Last year I've made the EBTA from Galveston to Barcelona, really can't wait for this one! I'm traveling with my best friend. My English isn't really good, I'm from the Netherlands, I am sorry about that!

Hi,
Thank you for the welcome! :) I was recently reading a Disney cruise guide and it said that lost luggage is common when flying to Europe. Knowing that some you have done TAs before, have you ever had this problem? Are some airlines more reliable than others? :confused:

Thanks,
Vicki

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to this one, in stead of losing one hour every night, getting every night one hour extra:)
I'm glad my English isn't that bad as I think about it:lmao:
I'm traveling with my best friend who also made a cruise before, she was on the EBTA 2011 and is still in contact with some people she met.
It's really great you are going to meet your Dutch friend next year again!

Gaining that extra hour each night for 5 or was it 6 nights is such a treat. Makes the days feel so much longer. Although we did forget one day and wondered why we were so early to lunch !! :rotfl:

Your written English is very good, so you've nothing to worry about :thumbsup2

I'm looking forward to this cruise :yay: I'm also doing this year's Westbound. Is anyone else on this years WBTA?

Hi we are pleased to say that we will be joining this cruise. We are Michael (epcot1stfave) and Patricia (hotfudgesundae). We did the 2010 WBTA and booked this one today. We are not big posters but are good readers so we tend to just lurk in the background. Hoping this one is as good as 2010 .:)

Hi, I'm not far from you - I live in Newcastle. I think we may have been in the same jeep on a jeep safari in Tortola in 2010?

Julie

My friend who joins me on next year's WBTA, is also going to do this year's one. I think she's joining this topic soon.

Hi Julie, we live in Blyth (sunny Blyth by the sea) my DW Trisha says. I don't know if we were on the same Jeep as Trish and I were not able to sit together and she was not happy with being stuck on the end seat as she is not good with heights and I was looking over to keep an eye on her. We will have been married 40 years this August, I work at OGN at Wallsend as a rigger and Trisha is SAH Grandma and looks after our 3 granddaughters in the school holidays . Sorry about the long reply but as I said earlier I don't post a lot so when I do I some times go on :)

I booked and paid deposit. So I'm in.
I go alone this time and that's a little bit strange.
I have booked a 11b on deck 6 cabin 6137.

Hope I can manage it with my vacation days, because I am also doing the EBTA in 2015. (I have 5 weeks each year, so it just manageable)

I'm looking forward to this cruise :yay: I'm also doing this year's Westbound. Is anyone else on this years WBTA?
Julie

And Julie, I do also the WBTA2014.

So 3 cruises booked. And this will be my first as a golden CC member.

I booked and paid deposit. So I'm in.
I go alone this time and that's a little bit strange.
I have booked a 11b on deck 6 cabin 6137.

Hope I can manage it with my vacation days, because I am also doing the EBTA in 2015. (I have 5 weeks each year, so it just manageable)

Yay, Liesbeth!! :yay::yay: Glad you're aboard! I hope you'll be able to do both cruises. We're going to have such fun!! :dance3:

Count me in for this one. I was considering the second Hawaii cruise but after my TA booked it I got sticker shock & decided I'd rather join you all on another WBTA. So as of now I'm booked on the 2014 WBTA (with my friend Cristi) , 2015 EBTA (just me) & 2015 WBTA (just me).

Count me in for this one. I was considering the second Hawaii cruise but after my TA booked it I got sticker shock & decided I'd rather join you all on another WBTA. So as of now I'm booked on the 2014 WBTA (with my friend Cristi) , 2015 EBTA (just me) & 2015 WBTA (just me).

Welcome aboard!! We might have considered Hawaii if the cruises weren't one-way. A bit too rich for our blood, this time, between the cruise fare and airfare.

Several of us are on the two TAs next year, and some are on the WBTA this year. We should all be well-acquainted by the time this rolls around! :dance3:

:welcome:

i also do these cruises. WBTA 2014 with my son, EBTA 2015 with my son and his boyfriend and WBTA 2015 just me. This cruise I do for the first time alone. But there are so many familiair faces, that it is no problem for me.

:welcome:

i also do these cruises. WBTA 2014 with my son, EBTA 2015 with my son and his boyfriend and WBTA 2015 just me. This cruise I do for the first time alone. But there are so many familiair faces, that it is no problem for me.

I'm so pleased we will get to cruise with you again Liesbeth :cool1:

Hello fellow cruisers! This will be my 3rd Disney cruise. I will be traveling with my mother, my mother-in-law, sister and aunt, so it will be a ladies vacation. I live in NC and the others live in FL. I look forward to keeping up with the group plans during this coming year.

Hello fellow cruisers! This will be my 3rd Disney cruise. I will be traveling with my mother, my mother-in-law, sister and aunt, so it will be a ladies vacation. I live in NC and the others live in FL. I look forward to keeping up with the group plans during this coming year.

Welcome aboard! Sounds like a great crew! We live between all of you, in Georgia. Keep an eye on Page 1 of this thread. We'll be adding activities as people think of things to do - and volunteer to organize! ;)

Hello! My name's Molly and I'm from Oregon. I have reserved an oceanview cabin on this cruise and am hoping everything in my life stays relatively unchanged in the next 15 months so that I can actually go! I'm planning to travel solo. Annnd I've never cruised before! ;) but I'm hoping to take a cruise in the next year, either an Alaskan on NCL or HAL or a Bahamian 3 nighter on DCL. I've also never been to Europe before, so this trip may end up being pretty epic. Hope it happens, and looking forward to meeting all of you in September '15! :) :goodvibes

-Molly

Hello! My name's Molly and I'm from Oregon. I have reserved an oceanview cabin on this cruise and am hoping everything in my life stays relatively unchanged in the next 15 months so that I can actually go! I'm planning to travel solo. Annnd I've never cruised before! ;) but I'm hoping to take a cruise in the next year, either an Alaskan on NCL or HAL or a Bahamian 3 nighter on DCL. I've also never been to Europe before, so this trip may end up being pretty epic. Hope it happens, and looking forward to meeting all of you in September '15! :) :goodvibes

-Molly

Welcome aboard, Molly!! This trip is really going to be an adventure for you!

There are lots of friendly people here who can give you any advice or info you'd like as far as cruising or traveling to Europe goes. Poohluv4u (aka, Karen and her DH Ed) are from Oregon, too. I'm sure they'd be happy to tell you anything you need to know about flights and all from out there.

Hello! My name's Molly and I'm from Oregon. I have reserved an oceanview cabin on this cruise and am hoping everything in my life stays relatively unchanged in the next 15 months so that I can actually go! I'm planning to travel solo. Annnd I've never cruised before! ;) but I'm hoping to take a cruise in the next year, either an Alaskan on NCL or HAL or a Bahamian 3 nighter on DCL. I've also never been to Europe before, so this trip may end up being pretty epic. Hope it happens, and looking forward to meeting all of you in September '15! :) :goodvibes -Molly

You are going to love Barcelona. You should allow at least 3 day to truly experience the city. I think it is awesome you are traveling solo.

Welcome aboard, Molly!! This trip is really going to be an adventure for you!

There are lots of friendly people here who can give you any advice or info you'd like as far as cruising or traveling to Europe goes. Poohluv4u (aka, Karen and her DH Ed) are from Oregon, too. I'm sure they'd be happy to tell you anything you need to know about flights and all from out there.

Thanks! I've been reading these boards for a few months so I kind of know the basics, but I'm sure I will still be asking lots of questions.

You are going to love Barcelona. You should allow at least 3 day to truly experience the city. I think it is awesome you are traveling solo.

Thanks for the advice! I will plan for that. I'm hoping to have about 6 days over there before the cruise; not enough to see a whole lot, but I'll take it!

Molly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter