Another MAGICal Adventure - WBTA 2015

PFlamingo

My dog just found the chainsaw
Welcome Aboard for another great Westbound Transatlantic Cruise!

Itinerary
Day 1 Barcelona, Spain (Onboard 4:00pm)
Day 2 At Sea
Day 3 At Sea
Day 4 Funchal (Madeira), Portugal (Ashore 8:00am - Onboard 1:45pm)
Day 5 At Sea
Day 6 At Sea
Day 7 At Sea
Day 8 At Sea
Day 9 At Sea
Day 10 At Sea
Day 11 Castaway Cay (Ashore 8:30am - Onboard 4:45pm)
Day 12 Miami, Florida (Ashore 7:30am)

Roll Call

PFlamingo - Pat
Hazel, Annie, & DD2
babydiver - Richard & Sue
Ellen & Marieke
sehandiph - Sharon & Ian
poohluv2u - Karen & Ed
skylarr29 - Melissa & Robert
epcot1stfave & hotfudgesundae - Michael & Patricia
melonz - Melanie & Paris
Sarah, David, Canaan, & Sasha~Rose

moosebowl - Mike & JoAnn
Julie2009 - Julie
Jam113 - Jenny & Nick
mvlimmex - Vicki, Marty, Adriane, Zach, Stephanie, Isaac, Vincent & Elias
liesbeth1012 - Liesbeth
luckyw80 - Bettina & Sebastian
Jlbf06 - Joy, Gareth, James & Joseph
Rockandreel - Cindy, Bobbie & Lori

MinnieMinxKimmy - Kim & Aron
Cruisinmom - Andrea & Andrew
Martin2611 - Manuela & Martin
mylael - Molly
Sarah & Maureen
Heather & Simon
GazB67 - Gareth
ab2008 - Amanda, Dave, Tegan & Bryce
Stobbsie - John, Sharon, Victoria, Celine & Larissa

we're aliens - Dave & Jane
Mattykin - Nick, Shannon, Jacob, & Caitlyn
JenDen - Jennifer, Melodie, & Sierra
Starlightprincess - Debbie, Elizabeth, & Ashling
Ellis Fredrickson - Debbie & Lee
VTgirls - Tina & Gabrielle
WizUK - Wiz Jim
denlo & wdrl - Denise & Wil
sparkypluto - Renea & Jim
ActingVP - Victoria, Steven & Jack

KSDisneyDad & junesgoofy - Christopher & June
Dave
UKANGEL - Mandy & Mark
katmeows - Kat
Lumiere82 - Marc & Sam
CustardTart - Karen
gillybean - Gill & Gary
Frank & Kathy
Tinkerbell7749 - Mary Claire & Marty
dvc deernut - Ian & Laura

jmbb216 - Chantele
hedgerow - Matt, Jamie, Serenity, Betty-June, & Belle
Ariel1989 - Matthew & Richard
BLeeS - Brien & Gigi
carolerwo - Carole, Mike & Jenny
esther1403 - Esther, Juan, Oscar & Sandra
DisTurtle - Tamera, Andy, Ahna, & Vivian
Amanda Esmeralda - Amanda & Chris
Mousesmom - Julie & Randy
sianell - Sian & James

Chrisandedfromct - Chris & Ed
marion2610 - Marion & Vanessa
Leah & Robin
wdwgoose - Garry
stringbag22 - Steve & Pat
hotfiregal - Rachael, Caleb, & Kyla
Amanda & Zachary
Kay, Keith & Phoebe
KSDisneyDad & junesgoofy - Christopher & June
Ariel198 - Matthew & Richard

xraystitch - Katrina & Justin
serendipity50 - John & Jean
Dani48017 - Dani, Anat, Maya & Noa
vetteguy - Daniel & Tania
gismo1554 - Sarah
Mishoe01; Notsolittlemermaid - Monica & Cheri
Disneyana'sAunt; Disneyana - Janice, Tammy & Disneyana
Lisa; MomE - Lisa, Roy & Eilean
Tinkerbell7749 - Mary Claire & Marty
Chewbette - Xenia & Nans

msbiscuit - Barb Mulligan
Neil, Karen & Muir
ggfred32 - Gretchen, Karl, Collin, & Payton
TOJAM - TC & Jamie

Pre-reservation booking windows open:

Platinum Castaway - 120 days prior to sail date - May 22, 2015
Gold Castaway - 105 days prior to sail date - June 5, 2015
Silver Castaway - 90 days prior to sail date - June 21, 2015
First Time DCL Cruisers - 75 days prior to sail date - July 6, 2015

**Please note, these are NOT PIF dates. Your PIF date is probably earlier than these dates. Check your reservation confirmation for your cruise PIF date.**

Other useful information (Shamelessly stolen from karentan's awesome 2011 WBTA threads)

Barcelona Tips
Barcelona Airport Information
Barcelona Cruise Terminal Information
Official Barcelona Tourist Guide
Another Really Useful Barcelona Guide
Barcelona Hotel Suggestions More suggestions Even more suggestions
Kids in Barcelona
Barcelona with Children

Last edited:
:fish: FE Exchange Sign Up :fish:
A couple of important items to note:

You will be REQUIRED to confirm your participation in this FE via e-mail after the list is closed! Failure to confirm will result in removal from the list. CLOSING DATE for the list is AUGUST 8, 2015. No more signups will be permitted after that time, however, we will do our best to make a reasonable accommodation for late-comers.

Depending on how many cabins we have participating, we may split the list into smaller groups. If we do so, each group will consist of approximately 18-20 cabins. If you would like to participate in more than one group, please indicate that at the bottom of the form. You can always change your mind (add or subtract) prior to the closing date.

If you have any questions, please feel free to pm me (PFlamingo) here. Thank you!!

Please check the list below, and send me a PM to let me know if you are still in or if you wish to be removed from the list. If you would like to change the number of cabins you are gifting, let me know that when you send your confirmation PM. The more people who confirm this way and the earlier everyone confirms, the sooner I'll be able to get the lists out to everyone. I will email any non-responders after the Aug 8 cut-off date. Anyone who has not replied after that will be removed from the Participants list. Thanks for your help with this!

Participants

(AS OF 07/26/2015)

ActingVP Up to 20 cabins
Alana L Up to 30 cabins
Amanda Joy T/H Up to 20 cabins

Baps Up to 30 cabins
BibiSmart Up to 20 cabins

Christine G Up to 30 cabins

Dani48017 Up to 20 cabins
Debbie E Up to 20 cabins
Desmond6 Up to 30 cabins
Diane T Up to 30 cabins
dubreuil Up to 20 cabins

esther1403 Up to 30 cabins

gilsan Up to 20 cabins
Goofy Adpi Up to 20 cabins
GoSunshineGo Up to 30 cabins
gr8estg8r Up to 20 cabins
Greg & Jenn M I want to be on ALL the lists!

Hank Bryant H Up to 20 cabins
Hannah J Up to 20 cabins
Hazel and Annie Up to 40 cabins
hotfiregal Up to 20 cabins
Hotfudgesundae Up to 20 cabins

Ian & Laura/dvc deernut I want to be on ALL the lists!
ImNarek Up to 30 cabins

Jamie M Up to 20 cabins
Jlbf06 Up to 20 cabins

Karen T Up to 40 cabins
Kat B Up to 20 cabins
Keith H & Alicia W Up to 30 cabins
Kristi G Up to 20 cabins
KSDisneyDad/Christopher T Up to 50 cabins

Lady Jane Up to 20 cabins
Leah Jade L Up to 30 cabins
leftcoastlady, surf2di4 I want to be on ALL the lists!
liesbeth1012 Up to 20 cabins
lilbart & Anne Grimm B Up to 40 cabins

Margy C Up to 20 cabins
Martin2611 Up to 20 cabins
Matthew Jamie D Up to 30 cabins
melonz Up to 20 cabins
MinnieMinxKimmy Up to 20 cabins
MJJG Up to 20 cabins
MKm000se Up to 20 cabins
Mvlimmex (2 cabins) Up to 30 cabins

nadine louise y Up to 20 cabins
NarrabeenSteph Up to 20 cabins
Ndloewen I want to be on ALL the lists!

okegrove Up to 20 cabins

Patricia F Up to 20 cabins
Peggytc Up to 20 cabins
PFlamingo I want to be on ALL the lists!

richjive, Richard Y Up to 40 cabins
Roo from Reading UK Up to 20 cabins
ruttie2 Up to 30 cabins

Sam K Up to 20 cabins
Sarah & Jost Up to 30 cabins
Sarah Lynn P Up to 30 cabins
Shadowryter Up to 20 cabins
Sianell Up to 30 cabins
Sis Patterson Up to 20 cabins
sltpooh Up to 40 cabins
smitfamily/Stefani S Up to 20 cabins
starlightprincess Up to 30 cabins
Stobbsie Up to 20 cabins
Susan Cranor A Up to 30 cabins

tinkagem I want to be on ALL the lists!
TNDislvr Up to 20 cabins
Tojam Up to 20 cabins
travelingbunnies Up to 20 cabins

Valerie V Up to 30 cabins
VTgirls Up to 20 cabins

Wendy J Up to 20 cabins
Will K Up to 20 cabins
WizUK Up to 20 cabins
woods42305/Sarah Crouse W Up to 20 cabins

For those who aren't familiar with how the FE exchanges work, here are a few threads to get you started! (Thanks to karentan (Karen) for finding these! :thumbsup2)

FE basics
Fish Extender info
Instructions for the no sew FE
Handmade FE gift ideas
Other FE gift ideas

(Just a thought: Do not be intimidated by all the uber-creative ideas on the "handmade FE gift ideas" thread! :worship: Whatever you decide to give will be enjoyed and appreciated.)

:santa: Secret Mickey Gift Exchange :santa:

This exchange is a bit different from the fish extender exchange, but works along the same way as a Secret Santa exchange. Each participating stateroom will be matched with another stateroom, and should buy a gift for that cabin with a total cost of no less than $20 but no more than $25 (approx GB£16, Aus$25, Can$25). The gifts can be one per cabin, or individual gifts for each person.

You can leave the gift in that cabin's fish extender if they have one, or you can ask their stateroom host to put it in the room. Alternatively you can leave the gift with guest services and ask for it to be delivered to your recipient. You should attach a note to the gift that says its a gift from their Secret Mickey, but don't reveal who you are. The reveal will occur at lunch in Lumiere's on the 27th September, which is the next-to-last sea day. Participation at lunch is optional, but please do not "spill the beans" to your recipient til after that.

If you would like to join in the Secret Mickey exchange, I will need names of everyone in the room who is participating, ages of children, and your room number (if known). Please also include some ideas of your favourite characters/hobbies/interests, etc. Please also include any allergies or severe dislikes for anyone in your party, where applicable.

Cut off date for joining the secret mickey exchange will be early August 2015. PMs will then be sent out with details of your recipient.

Participants
Matthew & Richard
Pat
Sharon & Ian
Kat B.
Sue & Richard
Ian & Laura
Marion & Vanessa
Amanda & Christopher
Deb & Tim
Robin & Leah
Mike, Anne, Jack, Alex & Samantha

:bounce: Candy Exchange :bounce:

Like the FE, only with candy! Typically people will bring a candy that is representative of their home, but that's not a requirement. Sign-up closes August 12, 2015.

Participants

Leah L.
Annemarie B.
DVC Deernut
Ruttie2
Hotfiregal
Deborah O.
Xenia Z.
Patricia F.
Michael B.

Recipe Exchange

Choose a favorite recipe to swap. Ideally it will be a local specialty, but any favorite of yours is fine. Make one copy for each member of the group and distribute them to state rooms sometime during the cruise. It can be as simple as a recipe on a postcard, as some like to give postcards of their local area. One recipe will be fine, but you are welcome to share more. Any questions, PM me here. Thanks!

Participants
Sharon H
Wendy
Annemarie and Hazel
Pat
Kat
Laura
Rachael
Leah
Sarah A.
Tania
Xenia Z.
Anne B.
Candice

Last edited:
Lanyard Sign-up

Get a lovely lanyard, designed just for this cruise. Specific details and cost are explained on the sign-up form. All the cool kids will be wearing them! ;) (Picture to follow, as soon as I remember how to do that!)

Solo Parent Sign-Up

Traveling solo with the kids? Want to meet up with your fellow brave souls? Sign-up here! Nothing formal planned as yet, but we have lots of time.

Participants
Tina - VTgirls
Kristi
Rachael - hotfiregal

Last edited:
Afternoon Tea

Please note, this is NOT the Palo Tea. It is a private tea for our group. Afternoon Tea is priced at $8.50 per person. Date TBD, group size is limited. Assorted Teas, Scones with jam and preserves, cream cakes, assorted cookies, assorted tea sandwiches, coffee/decaffeinated coffee/tea.

Mixology Class Sign-Up (ages 21 and up only, please!)

Learn to mix cocktails with your cruise meet friends! Date and cost to be determined. Classes on previous cruises were about $15. Class sizes are limited. We will try to arrange multiple classes if there is enough interest. If you think you would be interested, sign up now. You can always change your mind before the final confirmation is required. Sign-up closes June 30, 2015.

Participants
01 Esther G
02 Juan Francisco G
03 Dani A
04 Anat A
05 Joy B
06 Ian H
07 Sharon H
08 Jamie D
09 Matthew D
10 Ian M
11 Laura M
12 Andrew H
13 Andrea H
14 Kat B
15 Patricia P
16 Ashley S
17 Chris C

18 Sebastian Z

20 Rachael O
21 Christopher T
22 June T
23 Kathleen H
24 Frank H
25 Karyn R
26 Sarah A
27 Daniel D
28 Anne B
29 Michael B
30 Steve S
31 Richard P
32 Patricia S
33 Sue P

Wine & Chocolate Tasting (ages 21 and up only, please!)

Pairings of different wines and chocolates. Date and cost to be determined. Recent tastings were $30. Class sizes are limited. We will try to arrange multiple classes if there is enough interest. If you think you would be interested, sign up now. You can always change your mind before the final confirmation is required. Sign-up closes June 30, 2015.

Participants
Dani A
Anat A
Esther G
Juan F G
Sebastian Z
Rachael O
Christopher T
June T
Kathleen H
Frank H
Karyn R
Annemarie B
Amanda M
Christopher B
Daniel D
Tania V
Gill S
Gary S
Xenia Z
Nans P

Last edited:

Champagne Girls!!

This is it! The grand tradition of pink boas, tiaras, girl-talk and of course, champagne, continues!

It goes like this, we get together, drink champagne, talk, drink champagne, wear pink, drink champagne, wear tiaras, and - did I mention - drink champagne. We will reserve one of the lounges onboard, one afternoon on a sea day, and sample several different types of sparkling wine. Time, day, place, and cost TBD. Once we know all of that, everyone will need to confirm their participation via email. Cost will be charged to your room and will be non-refundable (probably around $30, give or take a bit). In the past, the number of participants has been limited due to room capacity regulations. (I want to say it was around 40 last time, but my memory is a bit hazy.) If we get more than the allotted number of participants, we will start a wait list or possibly organize a second group (but don't count on that - DCL only has so much space to allocate to private activities, so sign up early). This is for women only, no men allowed! You must be over 21 at the time of the cruise to participate. (Please don't ask if you can bring your underage children or traveling companions along, and put me in the awkward position of saying, "no.") PM me here to sign up!

WBTA 2015 CELEBRATIONS!!
Many of us will be celebrating events like birthdays and anniversaries during the cruise. If you would be interested in joining a card exchange and/or a celebration lunch on a sea day, please PM me here. (Date and place of the lunch to be determined. You will be able to change your participation if the date does not work for you.)

Last edited:

hello,

hoping to join this cruise - did an Eastbound TA in 2011 was great (except losing hours) so looking forward to this one.

Just two of us
Ian & Sharon

hello,

hoping to join this cruise - did an Eastbound TA in 2011 was great (except losing hours) so looking forward to this one.

Just two of us
Ian & Sharon

Welcome! We're booked on the 2015 EBTA and I'm hoping I can talk my DH into this, too. We did the WBTA in 2011 and it was fantastic.

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :beach:
Have a great cruise!

We're officially booked! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Now, to talk DH into doing two TAs in one year. :scratchin Well, I have til next May to do it. No problem. :rolleyes1

So excited for this cruise, been waiting for it for a long while.
Glad it's a boring route as I want to relax to the max :cool1:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

We're here! Booked yesterday with our cabin # 6015

Wow all those sea days!

So looking forward to sharing the excitement of NEXT year with you all on THIS years WBTA..... WE can talk about plans for next year while we are together to see what mischief we can get up to with all those sea days

Great to see so many of us booking again!

:hyper:

Just booked and can't wait. Looking forward to all of those sea days, I Hope it's as calm as it was on the 2011 crossing.

So excited for this cruise, been waiting for it for a long while.
Glad it's a boring route as I want to relax to the max :cool1:

Welcome aboard!! I'm dreaming of the Rainforest room, adult beverages, and lots of deck time!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

We're here! Booked yesterday with our cabin # 6015

Wow all those sea days!

So looking forward to sharing the excitement of NEXT year with you all on THIS years WBTA..... WE can talk about plans for next year while we are together to see what mischief we can get up to with all those sea days

Great to see so many of us booking again!

:hyper:

Welcome aboard!! Glad to see you decided to join us! I hated having to cancel the WBTA this year, but definitely looking forward the the EBTA and this one next year. Lots of time to save up for both!

Just booked and can't wait. Looking forward to all of those sea days, I Hope it's as calm as it was on the 2011 crossing.

Welcome aboard! From your lips to King Triton's ear for the smooth seas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!