Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Decided it was time for a holiday so booked a last minute deal (I'm on a very strict budget for this) on some old tugboat going to the South Pacific. All the dates lined up for me (apart from school lol) so decided it was fate. My elderly mother has been talking about a cruise for years now so she's coming along, as well as my sister.

I'm planning on spending my time looking at water, drinking, having naps, and eating. Maybe go on the waterslides if i find any energy. I'm also going to be going off the grid for the 7 nights we're out of Australia so you'll have to wait for photos and trip report. Which will probably be 12 months late :rolleyes1
Where exactly are you going, when do you leave and which cruise ship (er, I mean old tugboat) are you sailing on? :boat:

Where exactly are you going, when do you leave and which cruise ship (er, I mean old tugboat) are you sailing on? :boat:

So many wuestions Netts, exhausting :stir:

Err Noumea, Lifou, and Port Vila. We leave in 15 days, have to fly to Brisbane and stay overnight (must go and update travel thread to reflect 7 night cruise and 2 overnighters :rotfl:). Tugboat is P&O Pacific Dawn, apparently had a refurb recently, not that I care given my wants/needs for this trip are pretty basic ;)

Err Noumea, Lifou, and Port Vila. We leave in 15 days, have to fly to Brisbane and stay overnight (must go and update travel thread to reflect 7 night cruise and 2 overnighters :rotfl:). Tugboat is P&O Pacific Dawn, apparently had a refurb recently, not that I care given my wants/needs for this trip are pretty basic ;)
My bottomless fascination with the minute details of your life is insatiable! :rotfl2: You simply must tell me more!! And are those words typos or some exotic foreign language? Off to google...

Will look forward to your trip report. Eventually! :rolleyes1 = ;)

I wanna go on a tugboat!!!! :sail::sad::sail:

I say we give Jevs a couple of weeks after her tugboat trip to file a report. After that if she fails to submit a trip report WE will write it for her.:idea: I'm thinking along the lines of mom/sis/Jo all vying for the attention of the handsome ship Captain resulting in fits of jealous rage. That sort of thing.:scratchin

I say we give Jevs a couple of weeks after her tugboat trip to file a report. After that if she fails to submit a trip report WE will write it for her.:idea: I'm thinking along the lines of mom/sis/Jo all vying for the attention of the handsome ship Captain resulting in fits of jealous rage. That sort of thing.:scratchin
I say we give Jevs a couple of weeks after her tugboat trip to file a report. After that if she fails to submit a trip report WE will write it for her.

:hourglass

Last edited:
Since dgrandson was old enough to eat chicken, and noodles we've been doing a Friday Night Special of what has become known as Noodle Night! When he was young the two of them used to run around with towels around their necks like capes. We called him Noodle Boy for a few of those years. This wkly event gives his parents a much deserved break! He's 11 this Fall! pirate:View attachment 266402

He and I at Key West while on a Disney Wonder cruise! We left his parents at home!
Aww what a cute picture!!

Just dropping by to say hello. Nothing important is happening. Working out??? Oh, thanks but no I haven't been. Nah same haircut, I am letting my beard grow out a bit. Oh...my post count? At a milestone??? Why, I can't say that I notic...well whaddaya know! I had NO idea. Now I have, oh...still only a fraction of Kitty 34's.:blush:
Wow that's just amazing the amount of post you guys have and the amount of time you've been on the DIS

Jevs is not allowed to go missing. We have too many missing ALDIO members already. Boo, hiss! Come back, Jevsie. Here's breakfast:

1869bf8f860c5f8e8ce4c4878b1ce9f3--travel-box-travel-ideas.jpg
Ohhhhh now that's pretty and the food looks good too lol. Where is that at? Did I miss the post that said where it was at?

@NFLDERS , if you're looking for another red wine option, my favorite is Meiomi Pinot Noir. Not too sweet but not too dry. It reminds me of dark, perfectly in-season cherries but is not overtly cherry. Moscato should be sweet, though, so if you are looking for a sweet wine, you will probably like it. After you get used to the sweet ones, you might be able to try something a little less sweet. If/when that happens, I'd look at the Pinot Noirs, especially Meiomi. I started with sweet wines (and still enjoy many of them - especially for dessert) but over time was able to appreciate other varieties. Too bad it has to be red because there are some deliciously sweet, German, white wines.
When I drink wine usually it's sweet red wine. But I guess I'm sorta a rebel in that my fav alcohol is dark beer-porters and stouts are yummm..but I still get looks or comments every now and then because I guess they expect a girl to not like a good dark beer :confused3

Yeah, it's awesome! :rotfl2:
1297504995232_ORIGINAL.jpg
You keep that there..I'm not ready to even begin thinking about snow :laughing:

I "liked" your post because I actually liked it! Don't get @jevs started on "fake liking" posts please! ;) C'mon up and see us sometime!
Calgary's%20Best%20Neighbourhoods.gif

This is my neighbourhood much as it looks right now:
Aerial-3-copy.jpg
Really beautiful ::yes::::yes::

They landed safely!

Apparently, just behind them an aircraft (Air France) lost an engine, and had to land in Labrador City!!

I. Hate. Flying.
Oh no that's no good! Glad it wasn't their airplane.

Pretty flat around here too, I'd be happy to wake up to a Mountain Dew everyday.:jester:

So Jane how's the cookie? You gonna finish it?:teeth:
I'm one of the weirdos that loves our landscape. Though eastern KS is different than western KS for sure.

Before my phone runs out of charge...

So glad that none of my ALDIO mates were caught in Vegas xx Truly sickening, don't even know what to say about it :(

Only had 10 pages to read here *phew* thanks for keeping it quiet guys :D
Well...we weren't there WHEN it happened but we did land at 6:55am Vegas time on Monday October 2nd and it happened 10ishpm Vegas time October 1st :eek:.

Welp I so did not mean to leave this thread for so long after having just joined the thread. I wasn't getting alerts on certain threads for a while despite having visited them recently enough and then I got superbusy. I'm sorry guys :( But I've enjoyed catching up on the various trips, updates and unfortunate malfunctions of things we own that posters have experienced :)

Soooo tons of news: We did end up going on our WDW trip DURING Irma. We got to Orlando on September 8th and extended our trip by a day and left the night of September 18th to make up the two Universal days we lost out on. Thankfully none of our WDW plans got messed up in the sense of ADRs or FPs because Sunday September 10th and Monday September 11th were our planned Universal days. Instead of arriving and relaxing at Disney Springs on September 8th we high-tailed it over to Universal as I had a feeling before the hurricane even got here that due to the timing at least Sunday and Monday the parks would be closed. On our last day, the 18th we went briefly monorail resort hopping and then to Disney Springs. I've been having a heck of a time getting photos off my phone for my trip report but I just got the perfect device to do so. I've got to get the photos off my husband's phone before I start my trip report...but it's coming soon :hyper:

We also went to Vegas on October 2nd-October 9th; it was a business trip extended to a vacation. We landed, as I mentioned in my above post, not too long really after the whole shooting occurred at the Strip. There was increased police presence for probably 3 or 4 days but after that they were gone. There was a slightly somber mood but there were still plenty of people out and about on the Strip. We stayed at Hilton Grand Vacations (on Paradise) which is just behind the Strip and towards the Stratosphere. We weren't nervous while we were there but we were just a bit extra cautious ourselves. We got to see Blue Man Group and KA (cirque show) as well as touring the Neon Boneyard which is where you can see prior signs (some still able to be lit) from the Vegas Strip.

We also went to Hoover Dam but due to an elevator malfunction they've been having for weeks now they weren't doing tours of the inner workings of the dam :( We also went to Red Rock Canyon which is quite beautiful.

Hoover Dam:
upload_2017-10-14_21-8-28.png

Red Rock Canyon National Park:
Myself and my husband Aaron-
upload_2017-10-14_21-9-21.png

Myself, my husband Aaron and my mom Cindy (she went with us as she's been really wanting to go back to Vegas)-
upload_2017-10-14_21-10-5.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter