Another 2008 fall trip-10/3-10/9

Do we want to do morning and/or evening EMH? I read recently that it is usually better to do a park the day after it's EMH day. What do you think?

I usually visit the park which hosted evening EMH the previous day. That park is my primary park for the day but I don't mind hopping to another park. It really doesn't matter to me. I make sure I have park hoppers since lately I've been visiting multiple parks most days. I also check UG recommendations. I try to do one morning EMH in Magic Kingdom but that's it for early morning. I never get to lounge in when I'm at home so that's a real luxury when I'm on vacation. This October I'm planning on being very flexible. There is nothing I must see or do. Since I'll be going back in May '09 I can always pick up anything I missed. I'll have to read up to see what's new. I think there is a new show in Animal Kingdom I haven't seen and I haven't seen the Motor show at the Studios. There are a few new eateries but the only one I really want to book is the Wave. I'm flexible on the rest of my dining choices. There may be some Food & Wine festival events I want to attend and I do want to eat & drink around World Showcase. I also want to attend the Party for the Senses.

Hi Carolyn,
I also think it's a good idea to do whatever park had EMH the previous day. The October hours are not out yet (at least not as of yesterday when I checked). I'm guessing that they will be available after April 1. Will put together a tentative plan then. Have a good day.
Macraven, where are you?

Hi Carolyn,
I also think it's a good idea to do whatever park had EMH the previous day. The October hours are not out yet (at least not as of yesterday when I checked). I'm guessing that they will be available after April 1. Will put together a tentative plan then. Have a good day.
Macraven, where are you?

i am now back from hula dance land.......

went to visit brother who lives on the islands.......

notice my new grass skirt in the tag?

i'm good for the 5th.
i loved the concourse and hope the wave is good.
i read somewhere it is going to have a scaled down CG type of menu.
that should be exciting if it is.

even though i have been going annually and sometimes twice a year to the motherland, i subscribe to tour guide mike for the special heads up he has.

sometimes it is very good and other times nothing new to me.
i like it as you get the up to date on refurbs, emh,ee changes, etc.

i always try to hit the park in the morning that had an EMH the night before, less crowds.

you are correct on that tip.

i love doing mgm and always hit that park on saturday morning.
last year after i finished that, i met up with our leader here/op over at epcot.

i'm a big mgm fan for tower of terror. that is where i will be on saturday morning until noon time. i know many are not crazy for that park and i might be there solo from the group, but that is okay.
i can meet up for lunch anywhere that day with you.

looking forward to the fun planning we get to do on this ladies trip!

I'm fine with any parks on any days. I'm going to be really flexible. I love MGM. In fact there are things I love in all the parks. I guess that's why I keep returning.

Hope you had a great trip to Hawaii. I'm ready for a vacation anywhere. I think I'm going to need to take a few days off soon even if it just means puttering at home.

pencil me in on your plans for mgm saturday morning at 8:00 !!

kewl, there will be a homie to ride with at mgm!!

is anyone up for the mnsshp?

i see it will be offered on
friday oct 3
sunday oct 5
tuesday oct 7

the 7th should be a good date to hit it if anyone is interested.

dates have been released and tickets go up for sale on may 1st.

I will be there from September 20th to October 4th. Eight days solo at CSR and six days at BCV (brother and his family will also be there), but we do separate things too. I'm looking forward to being so close to Epcot and the F&WF from Sept 28th on.

The 7th sound good to me for MNSSHP. I was wondering if you wanted to go on a Sunday again but Tuesday is probably just as good as far as crowds are concerned.
How is the 7th for everyone else?

Hi Clhcpaca,
Please feel free to join us on the 4th. I think that we are planning party for the senses on that day. Keep checking this thread for updates.

pencil me in on your plans for mgm saturday morning at 8:00 !!

kewl, there will be a homie to ride with at mgm!!

I'm up for DHS first thing the morning of 10/4. The only thing that changes my availability would be if there were some great seminars offered at Epcot for the F&W. I plan on eating really light that day and resting up for the PFTS food orgy that night!!!!

The 7th sound good to me for MNSSHP. I was wondering if you wanted to go on a Sunday again but Tuesday is probably just as good as far as crowds are concerned.

Hi Clhcpaca,
Please feel free to join us on the 4th. I think that we are planning party for the senses on that day. Keep checking this thread for updates.

Unfortunately, I leave on the 4th. Probably will be picked up by Magical Express around noon. (Haven't gotten by airline tickets yet)

Maybe, there will be some activities before the 4th. Would like to to to the PFTS with someone. Went a couple of years ago solo and I think it is one activity that would much more fun with a group.

Cindy

Hi Clhcpaca,

i think the 7th on a tuesday would be light.
i have now gone to 5 different mnsshp and the tuesday night one in oct was the lightest i went to.

year before last, i went to two different nights of mnsshp.......

I'm up for DHS first thing the morning of 10/4. The only thing that changes my availability would be if there were some great seminars offered at Epcot for the F&W. I plan on eating really light that day and resting up for the PFTS food orgy that night!!!!

fantastic!

when do the pfts tickets go on sale?

Unfortunately, I leave on the 4th. Probably will be picked up by Magical Express around noon. (Haven't gotten by airline tickets yet)

Maybe, there will be some activities before the 4th. Would like to to to the PFTS with someone. Went a couple of years ago solo and I think it is one activity that would much more fun with a group.

Cindy

we will do things together for everyone's schedule.
i know from experience it is disappointing to have plans and then be forgotten about.

i'm open for anything.

fantastic!

when do the pfts tickets go on sale?

If I remember correctly, they started taking reservations in July sometime. Various websites had the details published a couple weeks before that so we had time to ponder our choices. I was all set to make my PFTS reservation and talked myself out of it at the last minute. I was convinced it would be more fun do do with a bunch of Dis Ladies!!!

Hi Clhcpaca,
Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you would be there through Oct. 4th. So far there are no specific plans for the 3rd but we'll keep you posted. I don't think that I'll be arriving until late on the 3rd or early 4th but I'm not sure about everyone else's arrival dates. We'll definitely let you know.

Hi Clhcpaca,
Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you would be there through Oct. 4th. So far there are no specific plans for the 3rd but we'll keep you posted. I don't think that I'll be arriving until late on the 3rd or early 4th but I'm not sure about everyone else's arrival dates. We'll definitely let you know.

with airfare so much higher for me out of ohare on a saturday, even a friday, i think i will have to switch leaving home on thursday oct 2nd.
it is not a definite yet but a possibility.

if that works out for me, clhcpaca i would like to meet up with you before you leave.

i can always move a day or two on my room ressie much easier than change the air dates. $100 charge to switch dates for air once i lock into it.

If I remember correctly, they started taking reservations in July sometime. Various websites had the details published a couple weeks before that so we had time to ponder our choices. I was all set to make my PFTS reservation and talked myself out of it at the last minute. I was convinced it would be more fun do do with a bunch of Dis Ladies!!!

i agree.
pfts is much more fun with others.

going solo to it isn't as much fun. every one practically has someone with them and you kind of get left out on some of the excitement when you have no one to share it with.

Hi everyone. I just decided to add some solo days on the front of my F&W family trip in October. I will be arriving on Oct. 5, DH and DD 17 will join me on Thursday the 9th. I will probably wait to go to MNSSHP and POS with them that weekend, but would love to meet up with anyone for dinner, wine tastings, or TOT from the 5th - 9th. Subscribing to the thread...

If you were going to be there on the 4th, you could join us for PFTS. I leave on the 5th (after breakfast at The Wave)

hi dancind, would love to meet up with you.

once we find out who all is going, we can start to make preparation plans.

i am 179 days out and made some adr's for a few places and will see later who is interested.

i can always cancel or add to the adrs.

Hi Everyone,
If all of you have a chance, please post your dining preferences. I really should make ADRs as soon as possible. This month seems to really be flying by and I should have started doing this on 4/4.
Beth, what ADRs have you made so far?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter