Another 2008 fall trip-10/3-10/9

woo hoo..........finally found the thread........

i'm mac and i am excited for the fall trip. i usually go solo but loved having someone to hook up with for different events during the day/night.

carolyn, we did Kona's together a couple of years ago.
it was great fun with you!

last year i met up with the op/ Disney Freak, and we had a great time.
at the mnsshp, we met a lot more disers for that night at a meet place and time.

i'm willing to do whatever the group does.
i think meeting up at certain points, or calling someone in the group, will be a good thing.

adr's can be made 180 days out.
my first day is the 3rd. whoever can make them first please do so for the group.

we can always switch around resturants after we know who wants what type of thing.

pencil me in on the list !!

i'll go with the flow............:yay:

Yep - I notice that you're not all that far away from me. I'm in sales and my territory actually stretches all the way to the SW counties of Wisconsin. How are you faring this winter?

woo hoo..........finally found the thread........

carolyn, we did Kona's together a couple of years ago.
it was great fun with you!

Hi mac!

Good to hear from you. Are you planning to head to US/IOA after Disney?

Hi everyone!

I'm glad there are some folks interested in the Party for the Senses. I haven't picked my days yet. I know I'll be there over the weekend for the Party but not sure yet which day I'm coming in and which day I'm leaving. I'm also trying to decide how many nights.

I've been contemplating taking a quick trip in June since October is soooo far away but I've been wanting to do a cruise for several years. A Disney cruise would be a great first cruise. I think I'm going to break down and book the podcast cruise for May 09 since there would be lots of like minded people on board. If I do that then I'll have to skip the June trip. So many Disney decisions but I have to start eating up my vacation time.

Pat, If you edit the thread title to include some tentative dates you might attract more interest. Just a thought.

I'll keep trying to check in and make sure I don't miss anything. Work's been tough lately. I work at a University academic department and we've just gone through our external review process. We only do one every 5-7 years but it takes lots of work on mine and my staff's part. Now we're all busy catching up on the work we put aside.

Good idea about the dates Carolyn. I just figured out how to edit a post.
When I have some time, I'll look at park hours for our dates and try to make a tentative park-touring plan. It should be easy to make ADRs when the time comes if we know where we'll be on any given day.
I'm planning to be at WDW for a few days at the end of June before heading to Marco Island for a family trip. I hope the crowds won't be too bad.
Enjoy your cruise Carolyn!

Good idea about the dates Carolyn. I just figured out how to edit a post.
When I have some time, I'll look at park hours for our dates and try to make a tentative park-touring plan. It should be easy to make ADRs when the time comes if we know where we'll be on any given day.
I'm planning to be at WDW for a few days at the end of June before heading to Marco Island for a family trip. I hope the crowds won't be too bad.
Enjoy your cruise Carolyn!

Good afternoon! I'm having the worst time with my computer. It shut down right after I posted last night and I've been struggling with it ever since. I got a new computer this summer and it was a dream machine. Unfortunately someone broke into my house in September and stole it. I'm not to the stage yet where I feel comfortable spending money on another so I'm stuck using my old laptop. My house is in the boonies and surrounded by trees. About the only way to protect it would be to install exploding ****y (b o o b y- funny how it censors parts of words) traps! I haven't stooped that low yet.

Have hours been released for October? Restaurants shouldn't be as crowded since lots of people are booking September in hopes of Free Dining. I'm hoping the crowds will be fairly low but I'm sure the Food & Wine festival will bring folks in especially on the weekend. Good job with the dates.

Have you ever cruised? I'm hoping I don't get seasick. I have 14 months to read up on it so I think I'll concentrate on the October trip for now.

Carolyn

The park hours up through sept. are listed so I hope the Oct. hours will be available in a month or so. I'll check periodically. I go through periods of intense trip planning and then I don't do any planning for weeks at a time. Will keep everyone posted. Have a nice weekend.:)

i have had some computer problems in connecting to the internet.

to DD, yup, bad winter, lots of snow and more today with lake effect snow.
the time changes tonight and we have snow on the ground.
what's wrong with this picture......

i was going to book my air today and found it increased by $50......
gonna wait and book it on tuesday now.

think i will try for arriving on thur or fri of oct....2/3
i'll be leaving disney on 10/9 and checking into HRH until the 13th.
always hit there for HHN.....totally and completely addicted to it.

i even go solo there as i could not miss it no matter what.

i already booked my room for HRH and will be booking wdw tonight.
i figure i can always add or take off a date depending when i get the air booked.

that is a good idea to put dates in the title.
it will catch more peoples eyes then

Just checking in and giving a little bump. I seriously need a WDW trip. I think I'm going to have to take a few days off before I burn out. I need sunshine and fresh air! Looking forward to 'food & wine'!

Hi Everyone,
If you haven't posted a list of your favorite restaurants, could you do so in the next few weeks? I think we can make most ADRs after April 4. Also, a list of favorite attractions that you must do on every trip. I'm going to attempt to put together an intinerary sometime next week. Bye for now.

Not ignoring you. But, I leave on 10/5 - I have pencilled in the PFTS on 10/4. I can't wait...wish it were here already!

Hi All,

I'm having trouble keeping up. Sorry for the delayed response. I don't usually have must do dining & attractions. If I don't get to something I know I'll always be back. Since we'll be there during Food & Wine I want to spend some time eating & drinking around the world showcase. Other than that I'm open to about anything. There may be new attractions/shows since I was last there so I'll look out for those. I also don't mind sitting around people watching if there is something I don't want to do. I'd like to try the new restaurant at the Contemporary since it's replacing one of my favorites, the Concourse. Other than that I'd like to attend the Party for the Senses. I'm pretty flexible.

Carolyn

The Wave is replacing Concourse Steakhouse, right? No details on menu yet but I did hear that it will be similar to CS and that most of the staff will be the same. Shirley and I are planning on eating breakfast there our last morning (10/5). I'm dying for some good eggs benedict and a mimosa. Care to join us?

The Wave is replacing Concourse Steakhouse, right? No details on menu yet but I did hear that it will be similar to CS and that most of the staff will be the same. Shirley and I are planning on eating breakfast there our last morning (10/5). I'm dying for some good eggs benedict and a mimosa. Care to join us?

That sounds like fun. I'll skip the eggs benedict but might try the mimosa. :) I'm sure they'll have something else I'd enjoy.

I'm having real problems staying signed on. If I start reading a long thread it signs me out. Quite the pain. I need to find more time to keep up with everything going on and I need to pin down my trip dates so I can book. I might just book a AAA discount room only and get my tickets elsewhere. I hate having to book through a AAA travel agent for the package discount. I usually end up needing to make changes and it's such a mess. I'm always changing my mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter