Another 2008 fall trip-10/3-10/9

Hi Everyone,
A couple of us planned a trip last fall and would like to do it again. We would also like to invite any other ladies who would be interested to join in.
We stayed at different resorts but met almost every day for touring the parks and for meals. Each of us spent time alone as well to pursue individual interests. We also participated in a meet at MNSSHP where we met many other DISers.
If there are any ladies out there who don't want to visit WDW solo, please consider joining us. The dates that we are looking at are October 3 through October 9.
Please post if you are interested in joining us. We had a great time last year.

Anyone interested?

Me! Me!

Anytime during Food & Wine works for me so I'm in. Since that's a Friday to Thursday I may come in a day early. It depends on flights and such. I like traveling to WDW alone where I'm not responsible for everybody's wants and needs. I spent years taking my son & his friend and doing things to please them. It's nice to set my own pace, see my must do's, and still enjoy the company of others for meals and park touring.

I'll probably be staying at a value resort. What type meals are ya'll planning? Counter service? Sit down? I'll need to decide if I want to aim for a package with dining or just wing it. I don't have to decide yet so I may wait to see if any discounts are in the rumor mill. I can get AAA with a discount on a package so if I go that route I'll wait until later to book so I don't have to mess with changes through a 3rd party.

I've always wanted to try a Party for the Senses. I think that's what they're called. Ever been to one? Do you know if they have them every Saturday?

Can you tell I'm excited? I'm just babbling on. Anyway, I'll stay in touch for updates.

Anyone else?

I'll be at the Happiest Place on Earth 9/25 to 10/5. Even though our dates only overlap by a couple of days, I'm looking for some company at Party For The Senses on 10/4. Any takers?

Hi Carolyn, (and everyone else)
I sent you a private message. Last year when Macraven and I planned our trip, we usually did counter service for lunch and planned table service for dinner. We had discussed which were our favorite restaurants and made ADRs well in advance.
Our plans were extremely flexible and we did make some changes during the trip. For example, we had heavy rains for a couple of days so I decided to stay at SSR one day and take advantage of the spa. I also spent some time travelling to Fort Wilderness because I like to visit the horses. Mac did whatever she wanted on those days also.
What I would like to do is to plan on an AM and PM meeting place so that anyone who wants to join will always know where to meet on a given day. Beyond that, everyone should feel free to do whatever they wish. If Mac and I went our seperate ways during the day, we would meet for dinner. Hope to hear from others soon and we'll keep everyone one informed of developments.

Sorry, forgot to reply about party of the senses. Sounds good to me but I don't know much about dates, etc. I'll try to find out more and post later.
If we go with our original dates, will definitely be there on 10/4.

I am going to be ther Oct 2-8th. My mom might be joining me so I wont know for a couple months.... If I am solo I would be very interested. Subscribing to keep posted.

I couldn't find much info about the Party for the Senses, only reviews from past years. Do we need to wait until the Food and Wine schedule comes out to know the dates for sure?
I guess we can tentatively plan on 10/4 and then book it as soon as possible. I remember last year that you could start booking food and wine events in early August.

Hi Everyone,
Those of you who are interested in making this trip and are planning to dine with us, please post some of your restaurant preferences. We did counter service for lunch and table service restaurants for dinner last fall.
Anyone else out there interested in joining us?

I couldn't find much info about the Party for the Senses, only reviews from past years. Do we need to wait until the Food and Wine schedule comes out to know the dates for sure?
I guess we can tentatively plan on 10/4 and then book it as soon as possible. I remember last year that you could start booking food and wine events in early August.

Party For The Senses is always every Saturday during the Food & Wine Festival. The boards are the best way to find out when Disney will start taking reservations. The past two years in a row, they have had price increases for this event and last year there was some negative feedback due to the fact that Disney had made the tickets non-refundable. Not sure what kind of changes they might make this year. But, I sooo want to do this!

Hi Everyone,
Those of you who are interested in making this trip and are planning to dine with us, please post some of your restaurant preferences. We did counter service for lunch and table service restaurants for dinner last fall.
Anyone else out there interested in joining us?

I like so many places. I haven't eaten at California Grill in years so I wouldn't mind eating there. Of course if I'm lucky enough to get a ticket to the Party for the Senses I may not want to splurge that much on another meal. I haven't eaten at Jiko and would like to give it a try. Boy, it's hard to list when you like so many places. I like Rose & Crown but I think that's when I can get a view of Illuminations. A few others; Le Cellier, Sci Fi, Concourse Steakhouse (I think I read that was going away.), Crystal Palace, Kona, ESPN, Boma, and on & on & on! :laughing: I'm sure I can find something I like at any of the restaurants.

That would be me too. I can always find something on the menu...good company makes any meal great!

BTW - I'm going to do the Expedition Everest Challenge on 9/27. Anyone want to join me for that...or maybe for the Segway Around The World Tour on 9/29?

That would be me too. I can always find something on the menu...good company makes any meal great!

BTW - I'm going to do the Expedition Everest Challenge on 9/27. Anyone want to join me for that...or maybe for the Segway Around The World Tour on 9/29?

I probably won't be there until October but I really would like to go to the Party for the Senses. I'm counting on one 10/4 and hoping I don't miss out on the tickets. Do they sell out quickly?

I've wanted to do a Segway tour. Someone mentioned one at Ft. Wilderness. I'd like more information on that one. There's just so much I want to do and not enough time to do it all. I have to make sure I remember I'm on vacation. I like time to catch up on sleep and I like my pool relaxation time. Since I've been going for years I don't feel the need to be in the park all day. I usually hit my favorites and spend time people watching. I like the parades and fireworks shows.

What's the Expedition Everest Challenge?

I probably won't be there until October but I really would like to go to the Party for the Senses. I'm counting on one 10/4 and hoping I don't miss out on the tickets. Do they sell out quickly?

I've wanted to do a Segway tour. Someone mentioned one at Ft. Wilderness. I'd like more information on that one. There's just so much I want to do and not enough time to do it all. I have to make sure I remember I'm on vacation. I like time to catch up on sleep and I like my pool relaxation time. Since I've been going for years I don't feel the need to be in the park all day. I usually hit my favorites and spend time people watching. I like the parades and fireworks shows.

What's the Expedition Everest Challenge?

I don't think the PFTS Parties sell out all that quickly. Last year most of them never sold out at all.

I've heard great things about both Segway tours. Last year, I tried the free session in Innoventions. I wanted to see how I would do on a Segway before I paid for a tour. I was very nervous...but it turned out to be a blast!

I aslo love to people watch. In fact, sometimes I'll do a standby line just so I can queue up and chat with folks. I always have my Pal Mickey with me in costume and he's a great conversation starter. Or, I'll grab an outdoor table by myself and invite others to join me. I'm met some fascinating folks that way.

Lastly, Expedition Everest Challenge is a new 5K race through AK after hours. Then, there is a private party afterwards (10-midnight) for racers, family and friends. Here is a link to additional info: http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/dwws/en_US/endurance/events/detail?name=EnduranceEverestEventDetailPage

This trip is shaping up to be a fabo time!

That sounds like fun. I've done the free segway ride at Epcot. I also get to ride occasionally at work. One of the professors in my department uses a Segway to get around campus. Great fun.

One of the nice things about taking solo trips is getting the opportunity to take your time. When I traveled with family I wasn't able to take advantage of a slower pace and the opportunity to meet and chat with lots on new people. It's fun to have folks to share meals with and spend some time in the parks. It's also nice to be able to do the things you really want to do without clearing it with others. That's what I like about these semi-solo trips.

Hi Everyone,
If there is a PFTS on 10/4 I will definitely be interested in attending. I'm also very flexible about meals but there are a few of my favorites on Carolyn's list. I haven't made ADRs in a long time. How far in advance can ADRs be booked? I'll volunteer to make the ADRs at the earliest possible date.
I also like to plan for relaxation time, pool time, etc. so my thoughts are to just establish a park and a meeting time for each morning and evening so that whomever wants to meet with someone on that day will always know where to find someone. Other than that, people should be free to do what they want.
I'd love to hear other's thoughts about our trip.

I'm checking out a couple days after you arrive.

But, the PFTS is for sure on 10/4. I've been reading Brenda's Trip Report about her experience last year and the pictures alone make my mouth water. Would you like to try to get together before the Party? I have penciled in DAK for that morning and Epcot for that afternoon and evening. I'm game for anything but don't want to eat much as I plan to get my money's worth at the Party. A drink by the pool would be a nice relaxing way to spend some time before the big event.

I leave the afternoon of 10/5 and was considering doing th Sweet Sunday experience at the Oddessey. Or maybe just somewhere to have a nice breakfast. Interested?

Hi DisneyDeeva,
It would be great to meet with you before the PFTS. We can plan to meet at a resort in the afternoon or at Epcot if you prefer. I usually like to go to a park in the AM, return to the resort for some pool time, and then return to a park in the evening. I'm not sure yet what resort I'll be staying at but it will definitely be one of the DVC resorts.
I wanted to do the Sweet sunday event last year. Unfortunately, I didn't call to make a reservation early enough. I'd love to do that this year.
I'm going to keep track of the activities we have planned so far and when we finalize our plans, everyone will have a tentative schedule. :) :)
We haven't heard anything from macraven. Beth, are you out there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter